Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Reviews: Working at Zurich Insurance

Canada30 reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,118 reviews
companymanagementworkgoodteamexcellentfriendlyhour

I only worked at Zurich/ING when they merged!

I was a payment processor! The work environment was very friendly! Co-workers always willing to help! I enjoyed interacting with other members of the Company and affiliates!

Great environment

Great and helpful team members. If work is lot, we try to help out each other. If mistakes happen or error happens with individual, seniors who are working for years help you a lot amd make new person comfortable.

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Pire entreprise

La pyramide de m staycity de l’entreprise est à l’envers: plus de manager que des staffs à être gérer! Un employé peux recevoir l’ordre de plaisir en même temps!

Productive and enjoyable work enviroment

All co-workers get along and have a fun attitude. The workplace culture is light but professional. The hardest part of the job is not getting carried away with the fun atmosphere.

Very good company

A large company with a lot of moving parts daily. I found the training culture to be very lacking and strong management lacked in certain departments.

Great company to learn adn advance

Great culture great company to learn and advance flexible to transfer internationally Flexible working hours good work life balance Great management

Great people and excellent benefits

Great people and excellent benefits. A global company with many opportunities for growth. Hours and schedules vary depending on your department and skills.

Very professional company. Good Benefits and work/life balance.

Worked for 5 years. Good team and very helpful to each other. Learned many applications ... both home grown and public. Learned new hardware and software as well as meeting/attendance.

Pros

Friendly, team atmosphere

Cons

Dealing with differing personalities

Training Specialist

Zurich is an organized environment. Difficult to have career advancements as most of the business is in the US or in Europe. Overall acceptable working conditions and good colleagues.

The 80/20 Rule

Job Work/Life Balance - 20% of the employees do 80% of the work. If you are one of the 20%, you are rarely thanked let alone rewarded. 60+ hour weeks are not uncommon. Salary / Benefits - old pension is gone which was a huge motivator for employees to endure this place. Salary is below market average. Regardless, you will earn every penny. Job Security/Advancement -company is notorious for restructure and lay-offs almost annually. They prefer appointing external management over promoting from within. Management - some good, some bad. The good ones are at the mercy of an erratic and ever-changing corporate strategy. Job Culture - majority of staff is miserable and over-worked. There are fundraising and pizza-day events every once in a while. Morale has been so low for so long that it's somewhat trite, but the gesture is nice nonetheless.

Good solid company to work for.

Good and progressive company to work for. The management is very transparent with their staff and always looks to promote from within the company. The staff are very caring and friendly.

Productive and fun work place

Productive, Technological advanced and employee friendly work place. The management team is very focused and keeps everybody informed of companies progress every quarter. They also provide excellent feedback to each employee on improvements. Future roadmap of the company and alignment with company vision and mission is shared periodically.

Productive and Excellent work place

Great company to work for with excellent work opportunity. I learnt a lot as a junior software tester with an opportunity to grow in this field. My colleagues were always ready to lend me a helping hand.

Fantastic Team Members

Very busy with trusted local management. Team members are very creative and we preformed as a tight unit. Local Management trusted team members with work hours.

Cons

Could be a great company to work

Pros: - good benefits and salary - flex work arrangement - casual dress everyday in the office (dress for your day policy) - great people internally Cons: - constantly restructuring and changing of appetite - internal changes are often unclear and inconsistent - no communication between different segments / groups

Great Experience

I Loved working there. I am currently a full time student at Durham College, studying 911 Dispatch Emergency Services. I am looking for employment to aid in my transition to a full time student.

Fun place to work

Prepared/generated detailed analysis of the corporate expenditures on a monthly basis, communicating my results both locally and at a global level. Responsible for the preparation of the Company’s Annual Budget in co-ordination with department heads coinciding with group strategy.

productive

its always an interesting day. i have learned a lot about it. I have gaied more experience about business analyst. The workers are friendly and nice. the hardest part is you have to keep up ith a very fast pace every time. I enjoy it cos of the friendly environment.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

always at a very fast pace

great workplace and lot of opportunities for growth and learning

Zurich helped me to not only be a good team player but also grow as a team leader and improve my leadership skills by leading a team of five to six members. Due to my outstanding multitasking abilities I was given the opportunity to work directly with the client in England and this helped me a lot to understand the business perspectives .

Always learning something new....

Designing, developing and delivering engaging training solutions at Zurich was always interesting and challenging. Lots of opportunity to use and grow my skill set. Excellent management and excellent opportunities came every day.

My co-workers

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my team members are easy to work with. The are efficient and up to task.We always work on difficult task with high level of commitment and dedication to achieve goals.

Pros

free health

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement