ZTR Control Systems

ZTR Control Systems Culture reviews

Canada19 reviews

Clear

Great Summer Experiences

I was given responsibility of certain tasks and latitude over how to do them. I was mentored and guided by more experienced employees, Great comraderie

company with great potential

ZTR is a great innovative company for new grads. There a lot of opportunities for growth and self-development. It had a good potential to improve culture and the environment.

Insights into ZTR Control Systems

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Not my cup of tea

Just like dating, finding the right employer can be very a difficult process. There aren't really any horrible employers/employees; more so a potential poor match. As an intermediate to senior engineer, i now know what works for me and what doesn't. Though ztr has a lot of potential and good energy, they also have to realize that the (senior) people they hire potentially have more/better experience and ideas. But unfortunately, the politics is just a little too thick and the pecking order a little too overt. The company is not as open-minded and well managed as they would like you to believe. And there are also some sticking points in the managerial level... ie people who occupy a position that is far beyond their competency and qualification. But hey, different strokes for different folks. I've served an average of 5 years in any given company, buy i had to quit this one within a matter of months. If I were a fresh grad, maybe things would've been different. But, it's always good to try things before you knock them.

Pros

Loyalty to employees, small company feel

Cons

Misallocation of skill sets, over-promoted manager(s), overly political, unnecessarily chaotic

fun at home work

was able to work from home, learned how to wire cables and what they are used for. Hardest part of the job was stopping because I really enjoyed it.

Pros

work from home

Cons

distractions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZTR Control Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement