ZTR Control Systems

ZTR Control Systems Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
I was given responsibility of certain tasks and latitude over how to do them.
I was mentored and guided by more experienced employees,

Great comraderie
Let me share my interesting experience with this company. It started as a good experience, then few months passed, you see the management's true colors. They only prioritize some departments and employees. You have to be good at their political game. I have grown to resent and to be bitter about the management. You tell them what you need and what needs to be improved and they tell you that you are just complaining. They give you a description of your job but they make you do mindless jobs that are not even in your field. In my opinion, they just need a physical body of a person to do the tasks that's needed to be done. They do not want to listen to your suggestions because they do not want change. They hire people that are not capable of their jobs. They do not even do background checks. It's so easy to lie in your resume. Wrong people get promoted. HR only cares about the company's image, they do not care about you, so beware of them. People here are so unorganized. On top of all that, you are not paid enough, it's even below average. Sometimes, it boggles my mind why is this company still operating? I guarantee you a few years from now, this will all go down in the drain.
Prepare to go back in time. The company is stuck in the 90's in every way. They place no value in data, run everything on paper, and the average age of employees is quite high, which shows throughout the organization (especially in IT & Management). HR inserts themselves into every event, "toning" things down and preventing anything new or different.
The entire company has no interest in change or efficiency, and though they throw around the terms "innovative" and "agile" they 100% do not mean it, and instead, you're punished for speaking up.

On top of all this, the compensation is well below market value, and the benefits are poor/minimal.

Still very much a catty, high school like vibe. Be careful who you talk to.
Pros
Employees are generally friendly, office is casual
Cons
Terrible pay, poor management
opportunities to better yourself inside company not very good - too many layoffs - low pay - little challenges - same old job every day - management does not have good organization skills - management lies to you about advancing in company to get you to give your 100%
Pros
dayshift
Cons
layoffs - low pay
All the staff at the event were great. I was the photographer at the company's Christmas party, and I was treated great. Really fun party to cover, and I would shoot for ZTR again.
ZTR is a great innovative company for new grads. There a lot of opportunities for growth and self-development. It had a good potential to improve culture and the environment.
Just like dating, finding the right employer can be very a difficult process. There aren't really any horrible employers/employees; more so a potential poor match.

As an intermediate to senior engineer, i now know what works for me and what doesn't. Though ztr has a lot of potential and good energy, they also have to realize that the (senior) people they hire potentially have more/better experience and ideas. But unfortunately, the politics is just a little too thick and the pecking order a little too overt. The company is not as open-minded and well managed as they would like you to believe. And there are also some sticking points in the managerial level... ie people who occupy a position that is far beyond their competency and qualification.

But hey, different strokes for different folks. I've served an average of 5 years in any given company, buy i had to quit this one within a matter of months. If I were a fresh grad, maybe things would've been different. But, it's always good to try things before you knock them.
Pros
Loyalty to employees, small company feel
Cons
Misallocation of skill sets, over-promoted manager(s), overly political, unnecessarily chaotic
This place does not care about you at all , they will use you and take advantage of you. They off poor benefits , and very low pay. No job security , they hire to many people when busy then when they slow down they will lay them all off.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
very low salary, don't treat you right.
Was an amazing company to work for offered good opportunities in the hi-tech industry. Good environment the partners and managers were a pleasure to work for. There was substantial opportunity to move and grow within the company.
QSB is a well known Canadian institute for business professionals to learn and grow. The courses offered are of strategic importance for the growth of the Canadian economy. There is prime focus on team building and group work. There are real corporate projects for the student to undertake throughout their time at QSB. The projects are challenging and sharpens skills of the candidate.
The partners truly care about each employee. The organization looks out and cares for its own.
I worked there for little over a year and I learned great skills. I liked the management because they involved me every department so I can learn new skills. Love it and would suggest anybody to start their career here.
Pros
Great people to work with, management
Cons
Salary
Friendly environment,good work They had great management,
Pros
Good management, good work
Cons
average pay, no advancement
was able to work from home, learned how to wire cables and what they are used for. Hardest part of the job was stopping because I really enjoyed it.
Pros
work from home
Cons
distractions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZTR Control Systems. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3