Zoic Studios

Working at Zoic Studios: 5 Reviews

Canada5 reviews

Great place, fast paced

-Typical day involves coming in and asking coordinator about shots if you don't have any. Otherwise start work on shot. -The most important thing I learned is that in TV, it's better to make a shot as quickly as possible and then to deal with as many iterations as possible. I also learned how to do many different types of effects since the amount of time we were given to finish things is short -The management in our department was great. If I wanted to work on something, I would ask my supervisor and he would find a way to give me that shot. The general management was less connected so it was more difficult for them to understand department needs. -Hardest part of the job was dealing with constantly changing client expectations. The second hardest was dealing with technical issues -Most enjoyable part of the job was learning things. There is always something new to learn.

Pros

very chill atmosphere, got to know everyone

Cons

long hours, changing deadlines and expectations

Great company, would work there again.

I had a great time, I would promote this business.so much fun! love the people, really great experience, loved every minute, would work there again for sure.

Tv series vfx

Great place to work on top network and Netflix TV series work. Management constantly working to improve the pipeline with software and tools. Generally a Monday to Friday gig with many senior 2D and 3D artists to learn from.

Pros

decent hours, pay ok, ot, snacks, coffee, pop, OT meals

Cons

some shows with off site los angeles creative producers.

Innovative & Fast Paced Studio

A fun and creative studio that identified and rewarded talent and hard work. While salary, benefits, & and work/life balance could all be improved - for better or worse this is the nature of the post-production industry (especially in VFX). Uncooperative and ineffectual ego is weeded out, while clear leadership and vision is promoted. I can, and have, happily recommended this company to friends,

Pros

Invests in talent and leaders

Cons

Long hours and no benifits

My several times at Zoic

Never better management in my whole career. Both on the HR end, leads and supervisors. The leadership has extremely interpersonnel skills as well as awe inspiring technical know how.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoic Studios. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement