ZN Services Inc Employee Reviews

horrible company no concern for safety or log books
Operator (Current Employee) –  Crossfield, AB18 November 2017
it was a nightmare temporarily fixing every piece of equipment we ever had to use because they refused to spend money ever. treated all employees like garbage
Spend a dollar to save a dime... owners a full tard
Shovel leaner (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB8 July 2017
Junk outfit.. hand full of equipment and most of it's junk.. wages are way below par... and if they offer to pay u more they lie.. owner has know idea how bad morale is... and far to much sketchy unsafe working conditions are imposed... also hr guy likes to drop rats into the mix. I am embarrassed to have represented them.
Cons
Guys there are great...the foreman is high strung over nothing
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB28 May 2017
Had fun working there. Just hated the foreman. He talks down to everyone and talks about everyone. There are busy tho. Some gusts there really know there job
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Foreman is a high strung fool
Great work
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB13 December 2016
A typical day at ZN services would be driving to a worksite and either fixing or downed fiber optic cable, removing old cable, installing underground cable, installing telephone or internet, Climbing up to 50' telephone poles to install hard wear or cable, installing telephone poles or removing them.
Pros
on road for up to 5 weeks
Cons
great $
Good environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB27 August 2016
Nice place to work. Always busy. Long hours but pay was always on time. Dependable and reliable company.
Would work for them again.
20 September 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the long hours you worked and paying you on time is the least we could do.

Worst place ever
Don't know,did everything but was i was hired for! (Former Employee) –  Crossfeild....not Airdrie like they say13 August 2016
Most disorganized and shady company I've ever worked for! They are all about themselves and don't care about employees.... They are about the log books.99% of their equipment should not leave that yard,their safety guy is ex- dot.....see why now he's ex cause what he let's go out of that yard! The one foreman they have is way to high strung over nothing! It would be better to walk the streets and collect bottles.....so guys stay on EI not worth your time the turn around is unbelievable! What they tell you in the in the interview is bull...not worth the gas to even go !
Pros
When the work day is over and seeing the building in the mirror
Cons
Company....cons themselves
avoud avoid avoid
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB30 July 2016
Horrible place to work , they rip you off in wages ! Always short on their cheque , if you get your check on time ! Sub standard equipment and the company trucks are desperate need of repair and they expect to follow federal regulation in regards to log books lol lol DOT would yank half of them off the road! Management is very unprofessional and they abuse the three month rule ! they don't care about anyone but themselves !!
20 September 2016

All employees are paid in full for all hours worked. There may be the rare occasion that an error was made on a check but it is rectified immediately. Our backhoes and excavators are all 1-3 years old and upgraded regularly. Older specialty equipment and all highway vehicles are well maintained and taken out of service for repairs.

We are a federally regulated company under hours of service legislation so we have no choice but to follow federal rules. We wish we didn't have to but we do.

We are well aware of who made this comment and unfortunately as an employer we can be bashed on the internet and have no recourse whatsoever and can only comment in general terms so a wise person should consider this when forming an opinion.

Most of our employees are long term and we appreciate their hard work and loyalty.

Cheap Cheap Cheap
lineman (Former Employee) –  Crosssfield14 December 2015
Not a good company.Nothing for living allowance so your paying to work.Might be okay if your young get some training telecommunications is not a good career.Talking outside plant.Okay stepping stone.
Pros
Job maybe okay if just starting
Cons
too long to list
20 September 2016

ZN Services has always and will continue to pay living allowance when any employee is working away from the main office or yard they are designated to report to overnight. We have several long term employees with decades of experience in telecommunications that are very happy to work for us and we feel very fortunate to have them on our team.

Experience is very valuable but it isn't everything. On occasion we have employed seasoned linemen (and other positions) with a wealth of knowledge and experience but a complete lack of motivation to work hard or get along with coworkers and even some refusing to do certain tasks believing it was beneath them. We have weeded those employees out because we believe it is everyone's responsibility to pitch in to get the job done and that everyone deserves to be treated with respect by their coworkers.

We value a good work ethic and positive attitude and aim to train these types of people to learn new positions because new skills are much easier to teach than changing a person's negative attitudes.

We make no apologies for this and will continue to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and no one stands around watching while others do the work.

Shady company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB28 October 2015
No room for growth at this company. Sub-standard procedures. They're always looking for the shortcut in order to make money and will throw anyone under the bus that they can to save face. DO NOT WORK HERE! There are good people here but they are all treated poorly.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized. No training provided. Empty promises.
Great co-workers
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Crossfield6 August 2015
This company is great overall. If it continues to grow it will probably be someday one of thos places that is tough to get a job at because nobody leaves.

If family stuff comes up they try to be flexible and work with you.
If someone doesn't work safely they will deal with it through warnings and get rid of them if they have to.....even foremen.
When things slowed down a little after Christmas nobody was laid off even though the company was not as busy and probably didn't make as much money.
Some of the trucks are new and some are older but if there is a problem they won't tell you to drive anyways or allow you to drive like some companies do and then you get a ticket.
The guys I work with are great. They are the best part of this job and we are a team.
If you have a safety concern or any problem the safety guy will help and you don't have to worry about anyone finding out that you said anything if you don't want people to know.
They take the time to teach you things and not just expect that you automatically know everything.
Pros
Evertone treats you well even managers know your name
Cons
No pension
20 September 2016

Thank you. Glad you enjoy your job and I hope you are still with us,

Avoid at all costs, terrible place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  crossfield alberta3 March 2015
This company is the definition of greed and disregard of employees. During my tenure at ZN almost the entire staff including capable foremen and hard working labourers were fired and replaced due to minor details. They truly abuse the "3 month probation" rule, and have no commitment to safety, constantly putting employees lives in jeopardy to save a few dollars. Stay away from ZN at all costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZN Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3