Zennkai Salon Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Company Overall
Part Time/Full Time Front-End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 March 2017
I have really enjoyed working with the people I have in the different locations I've been a part of.

Through this company I have continuously been gaining confidence in my people skills and sales skills. I have learnt to deal with guest challenges professionally, assist in retail guests while having to micromanage stylists.
Pros
Amazing beauty benefits, great group of girls
Cons
Standing all day, hours could get cut, unrealistic promises
Zennkai Salon
Front end coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2016
A typical day at Zennkai Salon starts out slow in the morning, and depending on the day of the week, picks up speed throughout the day. Large quantities of professional hair products and tools are sold in the salon. Nail and hair services are also available to clients, along with free consultations. Working at Zennkai has helped me gain new skills to better advance my customer service skills. Working as a front end coordinator requires me to be able to professionally and compassionately handle all aspects of customer feedback and concerns. Management has rough patches, but overall it is a tolerable work environment. The team of co-workers is similar to a close knit extended family. We support one another and know that Zennkai is a safe and creative environment where we can all be our authentic selves. At times, being a front end coordinator means you have to stand strong through all of the emotions and situations that pop up throughout the day. My main goal as a front end coordinator is to provide the best customer service to every guest. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to educate guests passionately and truthfully about a product / tool / experience.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Fun busy workplace
Spa Coordinator/Junior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 May 2014
Amazing team to work with, lots of managers, but little growth and hours
Pros
great co workers
Cons
low pay with little advancement oppurtunities
b
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  langley bc16 May 2014
I enjoy the staff members I work with and the clientele on a daily basis. I love the guests who come in and helping them out the best I can. They leave more than satisfied and informed. its an experience not just a retail salon when I am on the floor :)
A great place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 October 2012
Zennkai is a great place to work - this family run business has become a power-house in the industry in BC. It has managed to do this while maintaining true culture and values.

I go to work and process reports, touch base with employees, recruit, interview, process payroll and provide customer service. I learned a lot about payroll and ways to build business.

My co-workers are a great group - because I have great interpersonal skills I was able to gain their trust and respect and was able to get them on board with initiatives I created.