zenGOT Employee Reviews

Just like many other platforms before them, their poor system and management will be their downfall
Zengiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2018
I'm a professional house cleaner that uses zengot to fill in some of the extra holes in my schedule from time to time. Seemed like a well run platform initially but I am now starting to see more and more issues.

Problems/cons:
- scheduling system doesn't work properly. Customer was allowed to reschedule a weekly appointment to a day of the week (in this case Friday) where I had every other occurance marked as a day off.

- rescheduling feature for recurring jobs doesn't allow for a single occurance to be rescheduled, changes the day and time of the appointment for all appointments going forward unless manually rescheduled back to the original date and time. I lost a client over her frustration with this.

- new dismissal policy/code of conduct takes away the service providers right to reject clients without penalty. One of the major reasons I work for myself is because it gives me the ability to pick and choose my clients just as they have the right to choose a cleaner. I've been cleaning homes for long enough that I know which clients I will not get along with / am the wrong type of cleaner for as well as the kinds of jobs that aren't worth the time and effort that is going to be required. The new zengot deactivation policy states that zengivers are expected to accept all direct service requests and if any zengiver rejects too many service requests they will deactivate the account.

- they take a HUGE cut of what a customer is paying. Especially in regards to instant service request move out cleans. The new rate for instant move out clean requests is $50/hour.
  more... Which is what the customer pays. Whichever cleaner claims the job is paid their set move out clean rate - the 20%/25% service fee that zengot takes. So that means that if a client books a 4 hour instant move out clean and I have my rate set as being $30/hr for move outs then zengot takes the $20 difference between what the customer is paying and what my rate is set as as well as 25% of my rate ($7.50/hr). So for a 4 hour job zengot takes $110 of the $200 that a customer is paying while the cleaner makes only $90. Can I raise my rate to match the instant service rate? Yes. But then for direct service requests my rate that people see is $50/hour. Which would probably cause customers to book a different, cheaper cleaner.

- you only get to take home 75-80% of the rate the customers pay. 25% is the highest service fee percentage I've ever seen for a platform of this type. And even with that service fee they do not cover any insurance or WCB. I have worked for several similar platforms in the past. One of which would take $6/hour which was about 25% BUT they also covered the costs of wcb and general liability insurance.

- for errand running and grocery jobs you have to have the money to pay for whatever your customer needs and then are reimbursed afterwards.

- no option to schedule biweekly or monthly availability. Most of my own cleaning clients are biweekly or monthly cleans. There is no option for this when inputting your availability. So I have to book entire days off anytime I have a day with even one of my own biweekly or monthly appointments. Meaning I have lots of time that I am actually available that I can't take on zengot jobs.

- jobs can only be booked from 8-8. Commercial cleaning is one of the cleaning categories that can be offered but availability hours are limited to being between 8a-8p. Unfortunately many offices want the cleaning done during the night.

- no android app
Pros
Quick responses from support team
Cons
poor scheduling system, no android app, too high of service fees, no freedom to pick and choose clients, no job search function.
Fun workplace, meet nice people, flexible hours and good pay
Service Provider/Driver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC19 June 2018
Working as a Zen Giver is a great way to make a difference and to provide a valuable service to the community. The compensation is fair and the work is enjoyable. ZenGot has a great team of professionals who are easy to reach and always happy to help.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, fun job, meet nice people
Cons
Not steady work
Awesome Company - Great Leadership and Excellent Opportunities for zenGivers!
Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 March 2018
Working with zenGOT is one of the most exciting and rewarding jobs I've had. It has given me the chance to collaborate with and learn from some truly passionate, successful and innovative leaders, as well as draw on my own experience with fast-growing, cutting-edge companies. It is a flexible, dynamic and stimulating work environment filled with great people.

zenGOT offers a great opportunity for folks who want to run their own business with the flexibility to determine their own hours, set their own rates and decide what areas of the city they want to work. Becoming a zenGiver at zenGOT is an opportunity that I wish had existed years ago.

What impresses me most about working with zenGOT is that it truly is a “people first” organization. Everyone – zenGivers, customers and corporate staff alike – the emphasis is always placed on people. This is the “secret sauce” that I believe makes this company shine!
Pros
Flexible, Dynamic, "People First"
I love zenGOT!
zenGiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2018
I work with zenGOT as a zenGiver (Independent Contractor)

The thing I love most about this company is that I am paid what I am worth, not what the company feels I'm worth. I've worked with other platforms and they only pay you a certain amount and there is no room for growth.

I LOVE that I get to set my own rates, my own schedule, and I get to choose who I work with. There are customers from all walks of life, and I love the freedom to choose when and where I want to work!

This company helps entrepreneurs live the best life they can, while using their skills, and helping people. Its a win-win.
Pros
Set your own rates, set your own hours, choose your schedule
Awesome company - with fantastic staff
Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2018
I love working with zenGOT. The people are fantastic and the culture of the company is top notch. This is truly a People First company with an amazing team. Everyone is super helpful and wants to see the service providers succeed while keeping the customers happy.

I'd highly recommend working with zenGOT!
Pros
Flexibility, Committed, Engaged Team
Amazing culture and exciting environment
Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2018
Working with zenGOT has been an amazing experience that has allowed me to learn a lot of new skills pertaining to my position and the business world. As a young worker, the respect and acknowledgement between upper management and the front lines makes for a very easy environment to work in.

The workplace culture at zenGOT is built on five key values that every zenGiver strives to bring to their bookings. Within these values are the key parts of the platform: owning your own business, choosing your rates and hours, and the ease of use to accept and complete job opportunities. Seeing how much these values are appreciated and embodied by the platform users, my customer service and business development work has constantly been easy and exciting.

zenGOT is a rapidly growing company so there is a lot of work happening behind the scenes that is not for the faint of heart. Being responsible and driven is welcomed and encouraged.

I highly recommend considering zenGOT as a company to work for. The flexibility, respect and strong values within the company make zenGOT a long-term choice for me.
Pros
Values, culture, flexibility, exciting
Cons
Developing structures, can be high stress at times
Stellar Company - 5 Stars!!
Contract (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 March 2018
It's been incredible working with ZenGot. The sign up process was super easy, and the platform similar to Airbnb, so immediately I trusted the process. I found the staff at ZenGot super helpful and anytime I had questions, or needed assistance they assisted me right away!

I'm able to earn extra money, set my own rates and hours, and I can't say enough about how awesome that is! Working with this platform has given me flexibility to work a second job, and travel when I want.

What could be a better company to work with? Earn extra money, travel more often, and make your own schedule!!

Thank you ZenGot!
Pros
Collaborative and Engaging