Zenefits Employee Reviews

I loved working there - but the negatives ended up outweighing the positives
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ3 November 2017
I really did love my role at Zenefits. The only problem is that they're a start-up and have a history of laying off tons of people whenever they feel like it. I unfortunately was one of these people. It's happened about 3-4 times now where they "re-structure" their company and get rid of 500 employees at a time. I just think they don't really know what they're doing and are trying to figure it out. Don't get me wrong, I really loved the work environment and my team, but it's hard to make a permanent career there when they are laying off people left and right.
Pros
Free lunches, fun company events!
Cons
not stable
Great company to work for
Broker Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ25 October 2017
Everyone is helpful, it's a relaxed environment and you can pretty much work at your own pace as long as you're getting things done. They're also willing to work with your schedule to keep a good work/life balance.
Great job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  1732 west franklin29 August 2017
Love to work and be excited to complete a project. I do my best at whatever job I have. The job is so exciting to come to every morning knowing you have a job and an income coming biweekly.
Sinking Ship
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 August 2017
Poor decision making and management at the executive level. No guidance or development for both individual contributors and managers (first time and experienced managers). Culture is the hardest thing to change and the biggest challenge this company faces.
Zenefits is fun!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Maricopa County, AZ29 July 2017
While you work here, you'll experience many ups and downs. The job itself is a downer :( but the people that work here are FUN! They help make the bad days go by quickly, and the good days a true laugh worthy situation. However, the job itself really sucks and multiple bad days in a row leave you wondering about the timid management structure of Zenefits- there are issues starting with above here. The managers don't know how to adequately address and assist the customer issues, since the product is faulty inherently.
Pros
Free lunches, unlimited paid time off, fun coworkers, positive atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, no help from above, confused management
Different company now
SMB Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA11 July 2017
I can't really speak to the company as it stands. I worked there when it was a small startup, and while it was a ton of work, we got paid very well, and the team was fantastic.
Pros
great product
Cons
rencent management changes
I got in right before the layoffs
HR & BENEFITS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ28 June 2017
I loved Zenefits. I would still work there if the layoffs didn't happen. That being said, I loved the layoffs and can't thank them enough for paying me so well.
Productive work place with good culture.
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 June 2017
Zenefits is a great place to work. The company culture is very good and the hours are flexible. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive. The work here is interesting and challenging. However, the company has poor job security and is unstable. There are frequent CEO swaps. I signed a full time offer after my 8 month internship only to have the offer rescinded 3 months later when a new CEO was hired.
Fun yet chaotic environment
Client Support Associate- Insurance (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ30 May 2017
Zenefits was both the most stressful and fun jobs of my career. The work was ever-changing, answers were not documented and it was your job to do so. The culture was very much that of a startup, which both fun and exhausting. 60-hour workweeks were not unheard-of in the beginning. I understand its improved since then.
Pros
Free snacks, lunches, social activities, pay
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance
Startup constantly reshuffling
Implementation Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ22 May 2017
Zenefits has a stong platform and UI however shifts leadership and gears too frequently and does not provide the necessary infrastructure, training, or support to current staff.
Constant turnover
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ16 May 2017
A very volatile place to work in. Went through 3 layoffs in less than a year. Workload was outrageous when they let of 50% of employees. no upward movement.
fun workplace
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ3 May 2017
Very fun place to work with great benefits and unlimited PTO. Not a lot of job security and upper management is consistently changing. Very fast-paced environment.
Not a great place to work at all
Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Arizona State University, AZ19 April 2017
Zenefits does not respect quality of life when it comes to their employees. Management must take steps and not just say they are reviewing possible ways to make peoples lives easier. You cannot change the world if your employees are miserable.
Pros
Smart and nice co workers that want to do their best
Cons
Lack of support from management and disregard for work load. It is never enough
Fun while it lasted
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 April 2017
The overall atmosphere of Zenefits was fun. A lot of great perks and great people to work with. Upper management not up to par. Transparency is a great buzzword thrown around, but from top down it is anything but.
No Matter how hard you work, the Quality of the Software just isn't there
Manager of Broker Services (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ28 March 2017
This is NOT a SaaS company even though they pretend to be one. Too reliant on people to complete many manual tasks - that eventually leads to errors.
Pros
Start-up
Cons
Quality of Software, Management cares more about stock options than their people
Work in Progress
Manager, Group Services (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ9 March 2017
Zenefits is still very much in start-up mode. Processes are not well defined and constantly change with little to no training or communication. The people and talent are top-notch, client focused, and a pleasure to work with but the chaos often overwrites the good. Culture and moral struggle as a result as people do not feel set-up for success and do not have clear career paths or performance reviews.
Pros
free lunches, the people
Cons
disorganized, too much change
Really bad
Assist small (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ2 March 2017
They are no longer open in arizona, so that says a lot. The culture was very nice but the hours were horrible. A lot of 19 hour days. If they somehow come back it maybe different, but keep an eye out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
so much
Culture is great
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ24 February 2017
...But that's really about it. A lot of great people but I've never felt as though those in upper-management or director positions knew what they were doing. It's a start-up, so it teaches you to adapt to changes on the fly, good or bad.
Next step on as layoff sent great employees elsewhere
Scottsdale, Arizona Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ13 February 2017
Company layoffs have sent great employees to seek opportunities elsewhere.
Tough sales environment but very rewarding.
I heralded a team that was always in the top 5 out of 25 teams, but still it seemed like the next quota was the one to focus on even harder over eggshells.
Great employees - supportive and collaborative - great Director
AM (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ12 February 2017
Long hours, buggy product, most amazing co-workers in the world!

Employees want the best for their clients and work hard to take care of them.
Pros
Free lunch, stocked kitchen, great parties, good culture, employees who want the best for their clients
Cons
Poor executive leadership, 3 CEOs in 1 year, rapidly changing priorities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zenefits. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8