Zekelman Industries Employee Reviews

Steel Factory
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MI31 March 2019
Not a bad place to work just long hours and income is based on incentive so income varies quite a bit. You only get paid good after 90 working days and that breaks down to around 6 months at 15 dollars an hour working 50+ hours a week 6 days is expected but sometimes you get out of Saturday shifts.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Lots of hours
Not for an Environmental Science Student
Environmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Warren, OH25 February 2019
Though the hours are flexible, the time I spent interning at Wheatland Tube was disappointing. I used very few of the skills that were requested on the application, such as those relating to environmental science.
I was given little responsibilities, and those that were given to me consisted of taking a brief inventory once every two weeks, and then completing an inspection checklist that was written in such a way that was vague and did not allow room for improvement.
More often than not, my hiring manager was not on site and was unclear in e-mail direction.
I would not recommend this position for one who is interested in doing environmental field work.
Fun and Professional
Tax and Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 March 2018
My supervisors were really supportive of me and my aspirations to learn in the business. The work environment was very friendly and professional, and I have never felt more comfortable working in an office.
great job
Shipping Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 June 2017
job is as good as your willing to make it pay is great benefits are the best i've ever had and people are friendly to
work with you make an incentive based on an overall group production
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
longs hours forced overtime
Fast paced and never dull
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 6060623 June 2017
Things move at a very fast pace. It is a great place to work but the hours are long and it is a very small IT staff so everyone matters. Each persons opinion matters when it comes to providing the best solution to our clients
Pros
Working remote, great people, lots of technology to work on
Cons
long hours, under staffed
Quick pace work environment, some what flexible hours when needed
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 May 2017
Fast pace at times stressful environment, flexible hours when needed and approved by supervisor competitive salary.

Team and goal driven, interactive with various departments
Great Place
Internship (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 606067 February 2017
I work in the Marketing department with a team of three and they know their work and what they are doing. I assist in everyday tasks that keep me busy. The environment is set for a successful work day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zekelman Industries. Our community is ready to answer.