ZEISS Group

Working at ZEISS Group: Latest ZEISS Group Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Good company to work for

Competitive salary, great coworkers, good and supportive management. Would definitely recommend working for this employer to anyone.Extensive training and opportunities for growth provided.

Everybody there is so friendly They make me feel warmed. Well organized works & supervisor & lab manager is so kind . They are all welcome any questionsthat I have. They are always be supportive & generous.

Pros

Good cultures, good benefits.

Cons

sometimes we have so much orders So we have to work extra hours but not so offten

Bullying environment in USA (c2014)

Significant management turn-over, major part due to bullying by USA leadership (Leader) well know by all, but ignored by Germany. Leadership changed in 2018 so likely much improved today.

Productive, stressful work culture

High level technical sales with high level autonomy. Management is open door policy. Job roles are ill defined and boundaries are not clearly established. Sales process is a team effort with all accountability falling on the sales rep. Low collegiality. Male dominated.

Je n ai pas envie de trop donner des details!

C est correct! Je n ai pas envie de donner des details!

Great products, great coworkers, terrible management

ZEISS has the best microscopy products on the market today. If they allowed their people to flourish and stopped trying to micromanage and discourage initiative, they would be unstoppable. There is still a significant gender bias and is an old boys club. I told by a senior manager "ZEISS is not a good place for a woman to make her career. I would recommend it to my sons but not my daughter".

Pros

Great product and colleagues

Cons

No room for advancement, gender bias, micromanagement

a typical day at work

is a wonderful company to work for, management is easy going and always available to speak with no matter the subject. the compensation is great. I would recommend this company for anyone who is job searching.

Diverse and Fun place to work.

As a student working on co-op, meaningful tasks and responsibilities were given to me and helped advanced my knowledge and career. Facilities were nice and clean, and plenty of room to relax on lunch break.

Pros

BBQ lunches

Bad Place to work

Its a toxic environment. Everyone is trying to step on top of each other to look good and rise to the top. However, you will realize soon that the management has been there for 20+ years and they have surrounded themselves with people who will keep them there. There is no pride for what the history of the company is. The Management say one thing but only want to collect their pay cheque and go home. They also hire who they can exploit to work for free or next to free.

good people managment need some improvement

less stress les organization old fashion management good team work good people opportunity to improve

fun to work in that company

Actually I did only my coop there but was very productive for me to see how the office environment is between Germany and Canada, even tho it was a German company the working differences was very visible.

Pros

doing different tasks during the day

Cons

no cons actually

Friendly co-workers

During my first time at Carl Zeiss, I gained first hand lens inventory experience while filling orders and logging lens types into their inventory system.

Pros

Excellent management

Cons

Labour heavy

products

From the view of a field service technician, this company make some really good products, and the products are update quickly. They give you sufficient Technical training.

its a fun workplace with great staff.

the most enjoyable part of my job was customer relationship. The management is quite cooperative and easy to approach.

long hours with no to little support

company instability instability. No job security and stressful environment.

Pros

zeiss brand name

Cons

poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZEISS Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement