ZARA

ZARA Work-life balance reviews

I understand that working in retail is stressful on its own, but working at Zara was something else. Most of the customers are very rude, even if you are being friendly with them. They will throw things on tables or the floors and don’t even care. The best part about working was my coworkers because they are all pretty young and nice. Managers are pretty good, too.
Pros
Christmas gift card, great coworkers, commission
Cons
Stressful environment, minimum wage, long hours
Zara est un bon travail pour étudiants qui travaille maximum 2 jours, mais côté salaire c’est très mauvais pour tout ce que nous faisons, nous devons nous occuper du service client, des livraisons de vêtements ( 6h am ) ainsi que les commandes en ligne à un salaire de 13$.. Beaucoup de tâches à faire pour peux d’employés, mauvaise ambiance de travail et mauvaise gestion.
Pros
Rabais 25%
Cons
Salaire, gestion et manque d’employés
i was excited to work at zara when i first started 2 years ago but the management is so disrespectful, the shifts consist of actual labour, moving boxes, making towers, running back and forth to put clothes back (if you've been inside zara you know how messy it is, we have to clean it all and sort it each day). and your feet will KILL after each shift. Getting used to that itself took months, i really needed foot massages. operating as a cashier is more stressful, customers are extremely rude, cash is so hard to learn at zara because the process of returning items, loading a gift card, purchasing items, exchanging, etc all have like 12 different steps and if you do it in the wrong order you've lost the company money. Learning cash was tough but constantly being cornered by management telling you you suck and you're disappointing them instead of getting more help was the cherry on top of the worst experience here (im looking at the CF fairview and STC locations) Despite constantly studying notes and working to improve, even going so far as to ask employees to explain how to do certain transactions (because they only show you one time and expect you to remember every single step) would only make them angrier. you don't get breaks so you'll be on cash for like 4 hours straight, and sometimes they leave you by yourself on cash and the line goes all the way outside the door. Management is so rude for no reason, simply asking to explain how to empty cash racks or find items for customers provokes a very passive-aggressive "you're a failure and i hate looking at you" type of response. - more...
Pros
25% off clothes
Cons
Long hours, rude and snobby management staff, no extra support
Great place I'd say for students or as a first job simply because they are very unorganized when it comes to management and there's not a lot of room to grow in the company unless others vacate their position. Salary is minimal but benefits make up for it.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Management, Hours, Pay, Shifts
Zara is a great company but doesnt offer alot of benefits, its alot of customer service and it requires everything from you. A normal day will start with finishing the overload and truck and cas
Management consistency and team support often do lack and it really takes a toll on the employee moral. Poor advancement & an awful work-life balance.
No work life balance and very stressful fast paced environment. Pays very well though so you just really have to be cut out for it. Schedules can change at a whim.
Evaluate every new Manager coming into a department and teach them to learn how to professionally adapt into work space. ( The scheduling, work tasks and on floor treatments towards employees could be better organized or structured. )
You will learn stuff that you won’t expect but at the same time it will be good, people is pretty nice you can really make friends there if you like to talk
J'ai travaillée au Zara carrefour Laval et c'est le meilleur magasin pour moi. La direction est très compréhensive, elle s'implique énormément et essaye d'être à l'écoute de son équipe et des clients. Zara garde sa réputation au personnel "hautain" mais quand vous regardez de plus près on est agréable n'oublions pas qu'on a une clientèle exigeante et assez difficile. les opportunités d'évolution sont présentes avec persévérance et rigueur. l'aspect le plus agréable c'est mon équipe avant tout rayons "kids" et le plus difficile à mes yeux c'est la clientèle.
Une journée stressante, les managers sont mal élevé impoli avec les employés. Les employés doivent travailler beaucoup pour un salaire qui ne vaut pas la peine
I once wore a head wrap ( something we do in my culture) and the manager pulled me to the side and said its an accessory and I should take it off yet they don't tell muslims to uncover their hair.
Working at Zara was a new experience for me because it was my first job. It was pretty tough at the beginning and thought the employees were really rude until I became friends with them. The worker and the managers are friendly and adorable. The clients are sometimes rude. There's also a lot of running to do during the open hours and closing time.
the only thing that made it worth it was the commission but the managers are so annoying and judgy about everything, it feels like horrible coming into work every day after 6 months i had to quit couldn't do it
Fast paced. No work life balance. Barely any external support from upper management and they don’t appreciate your hardwork.
Hard work but it was productive and well management. I liked work with people. People were kind and nice. They give some advice that helpful to work. The location was quite close to my town so it was good to commute.
Pros
Break time
Cons
It's super fast paced, and they pressure you to get faster and faster. They give the newer people the harder tasks and give the regulars easy tasks. The pay is not worth the hard labour. I only got 14 at the warehouse and they didn't raise the pay when the minimum wage went up to 15. The employees at the stores that have worked there for a while only talk to each other. No one tries to make friends with you. When the work is slow at the warehouse, they send you to Richmond, downtown Vancouver, Park Royal and Metrotown sometimes with late notice. I've gotten asked to go to the store on the day of when I was already at the warehouse for half of my shift. Asking someone to travel and make them spend more on transit fair than they have to is unfair. If you don't mind a sweaty work out and basically working on your own all day, go for it.
It's good company to grow in , it really depends how are the managers , or the floor supervisor. Many times we had discussion about the schedule and the breaks.
Long hours, can’t even sit down for 5 hours Changing their policy all the time, I was originally hired for children’s wear and when I go to work, I am suddenly in Lady’s wear. I told them I am a university student and I cannot work for too long during interview. They told me it is okay. Now I requested to work for 16 hours a week. The manager told me I have to work for 20hrs or they cannot have me there. I am quitting.
Beaucoup de diversité, doit aimer apprendre, travailler en équipe et communiqué..
Open and closing cash Replenishing and stocking merchandise Engaging and selling to customers Processing transactions at the point of sale systems Management is unprofessional Workplace culture is was not enjoyable Hardest thing on the job was handling long lineups Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Long hours, understaffing
  1. Work-Life Balance