ZARA

ZARA Pay & benefits reviews

The Payment is not fair at all. The only things that keeps me there is the staff and some of the managers. 8 hours standing on your feet and getting minimum wage is not really my target!!!
Pros
Staffs- managers
Cons
Payment
Zara est un bon travail pour étudiants qui travaille maximum 2 jours, mais côté salaire c’est très mauvais pour tout ce que nous faisons, nous devons nous occuper du service client, des livraisons de vêtements ( 6h am ) ainsi que les commandes en ligne à un salaire de 13$.. Beaucoup de tâches à faire pour peux d’employés, mauvaise ambiance de travail et mauvaise gestion.
Pros
Rabais 25%
Cons
Salaire, gestion et manque d’employés
They don’t pay well. They always modify your actual work hours, pay you less and never appreciate your work. They just want their work done and make the employees overwork. As a part time student I used to have 10 hours long shift and since I was in the putaway department, I’d walk 25-30 kms in that time span. They expect you to put heavy winter collection items on different rack locations and ask you to put away 120 items in one hour. They promised a raise and didn’t give it.They kicked me out without any warning.
Typical retail, major responsibilities include folding clothes, managing financial transactions (cashier), assisting customers and helping them find what they need. Lack of support from managers, high turnover rate.
Pros
Long break
Cons
Not much benefits
I understand that working in retail is stressful on its own, but working at Zara was something else. Most of the customers are very rude, even if you are being friendly with them. They will throw things on tables or the floors and don’t even care. The best part about working was my coworkers because they are all pretty young and nice. Managers are pretty good, too.
Pros
Christmas gift card, great coworkers, commission
Cons
Stressful environment, minimum wage, long hours
Great place I'd say for students or as a first job simply because they are very unorganized when it comes to management and there's not a lot of room to grow in the company unless others vacate their position. Salary is minimal but benefits make up for it.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Management, Hours, Pay, Shifts
I don’t recommend working at Zara unless you’re really desperate for finding a job! The workload is very heavy and the pay is minimum! No extra benefits. The managers won’t leave you rest for 5 minutes! Because “you’re getting paid” to run throughout the store and do what they want.
Zara is a great company but doesnt offer alot of benefits, its alot of customer service and it requires everything from you. A normal day will start with finishing the overload and truck and cas
General Manager ruined many people’s experience and livelihood. Zara isn’t managed properly and the General Manager yells at employees for faults that isn’t theirs. I believe it is against the law to be abusive towards your employees especially in a position of authority and this general manager he tells at everyone and is abusive emotionally and stresses out employees which is why the store is so stressful to work in and always a mess and has such a high turnover rate and also why clothes are always on the floor. He is always yelling at people for his own mistakes that he blames on all his subordinates when you should lead by example not by yelling and being abusive.
Pros
Friendly co-workers except for General Manager
Cons
Stressful, Not worth the Salary, Emotionally Straining
Zara is a complicated. It has its ups and downs, but its a good job during school as a student but I would not recommend working their full time. The management is alright and the culture is good. The people are nice but some of them can be problematic and the customers are sweet depending on the season but overall the job is alright.
not good environment learned nothing new didn't like management felt like slave work no encouragement of indivduality a lot of work for just a dollar above minimum wage
Une journée stressante, les managers sont mal élevé impoli avec les employés. Les employés doivent travailler beaucoup pour un salaire qui ne vaut pas la peine
Stressful, no break unless working 6 hours+. Company makes so much but still pays their workers minimum. There is commission but not worth labour. Customer gives you a lot of attitude although you didn’t do anything. Some managers don’t care if your sick they would still make you work. Sometimes they schedule you to work even if your not available.
The store was always so messy and the manages were awful. The hours were not flexible at all and sometimes they wouldn't even let you take a day off if you were sick or even take your break
Good place to start and get good hours. They appreciate hard work and promote you fast if one is committed and hardworking. Staff earn commissions on top of the minimum wages.
Zara was a great place for me as a student. The hours were flexible. Great work incentive. However management was shaky at times. As long as you understand how unpredictable retail can be, it all starts to make sense.
Pros
shared commission
Cons
stressfull
Nice experience 👍 nice co - workers and menegers. If you can hard working this job for you. First time is very hard. I worked in very busy shop and I think it's normal for shop like this. + Commission
Hard work but it was productive and well management. I liked work with people. People were kind and nice. They give some advice that helpful to work. The location was quite close to my town so it was good to commute.
Pros
Break time
Cons
It's super fast paced, and they pressure you to get faster and faster. They give the newer people the harder tasks and give the regulars easy tasks. The pay is not worth the hard labour. I only got 14 at the warehouse and they didn't raise the pay when the minimum wage went up to 15. The employees at the stores that have worked there for a while only talk to each other. No one tries to make friends with you. When the work is slow at the warehouse, they send you to Richmond, downtown Vancouver, Park Royal and Metrotown sometimes with late notice. I've gotten asked to go to the store on the day of when I was already at the warehouse for half of my shift. Asking someone to travel and make them spend more on transit fair than they have to is unfair. If you don't mind a sweaty work out and basically working on your own all day, go for it.
This company overall is horrible. The upper management doesn't care about anything but the sales, leaving the store managers to deal with other problems. The stress that comes with this job is NOT worth what you're getting paid for, despite how big this company is and how rich the CEO, this company is cheap when it comes to their employees. The "benefits" that come with the job? Non-existent. The management team always boasts about helping each other yet all they do is talk behind each other's back and complain. Nobody is productive and nobody cares about their job here. BUT if you do care about your job, all the weight is on your shoulder and you have to do a 4 person job by yourself. Unless you're looking for a job as a joke, I ABSOLUTELY do not recommend working for this company.
when i was first hired by Zara, i was hired by a manager that really considered the willingness of the candidate to work and be a part of their team. As the company grew and more workers were required, the hiring process became more and more about the availability of the people who can work at the company and less about their conviction to the job. Peope's qualifications or interest of working for the company were overlooked thus a high turnover rate. I was very committed as well as invested with the company and saw myself working there for the long run. However, as time progressed, i saw the culture it had become and the quality of work my coworkers produced, and my motivation diminished because I was working on my own standard. While overall the company and management were great, especially if youre a seasoned staff, I think there are values that the company seem to have thrown into the window soon as they got bigger and bigger
Pros
great benefits and profit sharing
Cons
FORCED to work outside of your scheduled hours