ZARA
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

ZARA Management reviews

I didn’t like the fact that we have to be independent to learn by ourselves how the company is working. I think the best thing it’s to have a formation about the different aspects in the company to help customers with their questions and different products that they searching. I didn’t like the fact that some of the managers and employees was rude and hypocrites about everybody rather than be non judgmental.
Pros
Fashion and the employee discount
Cons
How managers deal with their employees and the rude customers
Zara est un bon travail pour étudiants qui travaille maximum 2 jours, mais côté salaire c’est très mauvais pour tout ce que nous faisons, nous devons nous occuper du service client, des livraisons de vêtements ( 6h am ) ainsi que les commandes en ligne à un salaire de 13$.. Beaucoup de tâches à faire pour peux d’employés, mauvaise ambiance de travail et mauvaise gestion.
Pros
Rabais 25%
Cons
Salaire, gestion et manque d’employés
Honestly, the worst job I've had. Forcing you to do overtime. Manipulating employees not to take sick days, even if you're super sick they probably will talk you out of it. Managers at Westfield shopping centre are horrible and dont know how go do their job and some are bullies and when you complain they dont care at all, One of the managers actually caused me a lot of distress . most staff are really nice but some are horrible too and very very rude.
I work at Zara Yorkdale for the past 6 years. Over the years I have been a very loyal and valuable employee and have shown my appreciation to the company for the employment opportunity they have given to me by coming in on unscheduled days when asked, staying late and coming in early when ever I was needed. Unfortunately, I have been forced to quit because of management. Both SRA managers refused to approve my temporary availability I provided them for only two weeks due to school. I communicated to them that I was unavailable for during the week but could come in on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. They continuously gave me shifts that were in direct conflict with my availability during the week. I spoke to them, to fix it just for two weeks and was told it was unfair to the other employees. However, I verified the schedule for the last three weeks and saw we had a lot of employees who were off during the week and only worked weekends with maybe one day in the week who were not with the company as long as I have been. Thus, I was given no other option but to resign and I feel as though they purposely forced me out because they kept giving me shifts, I was unable to work in order to give just cause with warnings for no show. I would think a person who has been with Zara for over five years has seniority and would hold some significance in my employment with the company. I did not want to be given any warnings with the company as you can see my tenure is impeccable and I am without any incidents. I had a great time getting to know other staff members and customers. In the - more...
Pros
Discount, making friend
Cons
Poor Management (SRA), Human Resources and payroll
Terrible management. Got picked on by the managers during my time working here because I was quiet and they knew I couldn’t fight back. Entire workplace was full of gossip and makes you feel like you’re still in high school. Co workers were cliquey and always gossiping (especially in the woman's section). You also get underpaid for the work you’re doing, while uniqlo is paying their employees a higher wage to do what you will be asked to do. Discount isn’t even that great, you’ll still be paying too much for sweatshop quality clothes. They also do not teach you a thing about customer service because everyone, including the managers, are rude to the customers. Refer to the google reviews to get an idea of what this place is like.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
i was excited to work at zara when i first started 2 years ago but the management is so disrespectful, the shifts consist of actual labour, moving boxes, making towers, running back and forth to put clothes back (if you've been inside zara you know how messy it is, we have to clean it all and sort it each day). and your feet will KILL after each shift. Getting used to that itself took months, i really needed foot massages. operating as a cashier is more stressful, customers are extremely rude, cash is so hard to learn at zara because the process of returning items, loading a gift card, purchasing items, exchanging, etc all have like 12 different steps and if you do it in the wrong order you've lost the company money. Learning cash was tough but constantly being cornered by management telling you you suck and you're disappointing them instead of getting more help was the cherry on top of the worst experience here (im looking at the CF fairview and STC locations) Despite constantly studying notes and working to improve, even going so far as to ask employees to explain how to do certain transactions (because they only show you one time and expect you to remember every single step) would only make them angrier. you don't get breaks so you'll be on cash for like 4 hours straight, and sometimes they leave you by yourself on cash and the line goes all the way outside the door. Management is so rude for no reason, simply asking to explain how to empty cash racks or find items for customers provokes a very passive-aggressive "you're a failure and i hate looking at you" type of response. - more...
Pros
25% off clothes
Cons
Long hours, rude and snobby management staff, no extra support
Zara is the worst place to work. Dont ever think its gonna be a nice place to work because the clothes are nice and it looks good. The management literally treat you like slaves and overwork you all while yelling at you for every little thing. They are extremely entitled to your time and think that you have no outside life beyond Zara. When you need to request a day off or have an emergency they do not care. point blank period do not care. They will literally give you no shifts for the month because you decided to request a day off. In total this place sucks, I cant even think of one good thing to say about them, even their discount is bad
Cons
I was hired to be a sales associate of the and also cashier . But the general manager had decided to put me in the stock room, the operations manager was nice but then the switched him with another manager, who stinks and has no manners, or respect for people. The operations manager calls people late at night. He harasses employees.
Pros
Head office is great. Some the employees are reasonable thinkers
Cons
Management sucks
AT West Edmonton Mall Location Zara has poor leadership and lack of communication with new employees. It's completely chaos..I would never work again for them.No regrets for not being part of that team anymore.(due to covid lay offs.)
Managers behaving you like a slave. Most of them don’t even know how to speak English. They are racist hiring people based on there own preference of group race. You don’t see yourself working there for long time.
Pros
Good co- workers
Cons
Managers, general managers, work load
Great place I'd say for students or as a first job simply because they are very unorganized when it comes to management and there's not a lot of room to grow in the company unless others vacate their position. Salary is minimal but benefits make up for it.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Management, Hours, Pay, Shifts
Very fast-paced workplace that was stressful at times but you do gain the knowledge of time-management and increased organizational skills. Workplace culture in-store was very clique like. Management in-store is sub-par, some managers are great and hard-working and some managers have preferences towards employs and it shows. Enjoyed my experience there but if I return to work for Zara it would be in the head office.
Zara est une grosse entreprise, il faut que ça aille vite, mais avant tout que le client reparte satisfait de sa visite. L'ambiance de travail y était studieuse.
Working at ZARA was okay. They don't give you much hours and management was okay to work with. I noticed most of the employees were university students
I don’t recommend working at Zara unless you’re really desperate for finding a job! The workload is very heavy and the pay is minimum! No extra benefits. The managers won’t leave you rest for 5 minutes! Because “you’re getting paid” to run throughout the store and do what they want.
I’d suggest working at Zara if you find pleasure in wasting your time...hours are continuously being cut, they don’t actually make you a full time employee even when your availability is open...The management is the worst and the company thinks your personal life revolves around working with them.
I had aa very good experience while working at Zara. I will recommend every friend of mine to have a great experience there. It has aa great management team who works very hard for achieving its goals
General Manager ruined many people’s experience and livelihood. Zara isn’t managed properly and the General Manager yells at employees for faults that isn’t theirs. I believe it is against the law to be abusive towards your employees especially in a position of authority and this general manager he tells at everyone and is abusive emotionally and stresses out employees which is why the store is so stressful to work in and always a mess and has such a high turnover rate and also why clothes are always on the floor. He is always yelling at people for his own mistakes that he blames on all his subordinates when you should lead by example not by yelling and being abusive.
Pros
Friendly co-workers except for General Manager
Cons
Stressful, Not worth the Salary, Emotionally Straining
Zara is a complicated. It has its ups and downs, but its a good job during school as a student but I would not recommend working their full time. The management is alright and the culture is good. The people are nice but some of them can be problematic and the customers are sweet depending on the season but overall the job is alright.
not good environment learned nothing new didn't like management felt like slave work no encouragement of indivduality a lot of work for just a dollar above minimum wage
the job is awful, you run around non stop, barely have time for breaks. you get home drained. management is not the best but you fellow employees can be amazing, the only reason i stayed was because Zara is a good brand with great clothing but also because or my coworkers. great learning experience though. you learn a great deal about yourself and how to deal with stress and long workdays.