ZARA

ZARA Job security & advancement reviews

Great place I'd say for students or as a first job simply because they are very unorganized when it comes to management and there's not a lot of room to grow in the company unless others vacate their position. Salary is minimal but benefits make up for it.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Management, Hours, Pay, Shifts
I work at Zara Yorkdale for the past 6 years. Over the years I have been a very loyal and valuable employee and have shown my appreciation to the company for the employment opportunity they have given to me by coming in on unscheduled days when asked, staying late and coming in early when ever I was needed. Unfortunately, I have been forced to quit because of management. Both SRA managers refused to approve my temporary availability I provided them for only two weeks due to school. I communicated to them that I was unavailable for during the week but could come in on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. They continuously gave me shifts that were in direct conflict with my availability during the week. I spoke to them, to fix it just for two weeks and was told it was unfair to the other employees. However, I verified the schedule for the last three weeks and saw we had a lot of employees who were off during the week and only worked weekends with maybe one day in the week who were not with the company as long as I have been. Thus, I was given no other option but to resign and I feel as though they purposely forced me out because they kept giving me shifts, I was unable to work in order to give just cause with warnings for no show. I would think a person who has been with Zara for over five years has seniority and would hold some significance in my employment with the company. I did not want to be given any warnings with the company as you can see my tenure is impeccable and I am without any incidents. I had a great time getting to know other staff members and customers. In the - more...
Pros
Discount, making friend
Cons
Poor Management (SRA), Human Resources and payroll
They don’t pay well. They always modify your actual work hours, pay you less and never appreciate your work. They just want their work done and make the employees overwork. As a part time student I used to have 10 hours long shift and since I was in the putaway department, I’d walk 25-30 kms in that time span. They expect you to put heavy winter collection items on different rack locations and ask you to put away 120 items in one hour. They promised a raise and didn’t give it.They kicked me out without any warning.
I had aa very good experience while working at Zara. I will recommend every friend of mine to have a great experience there. It has aa great management team who works very hard for achieving its goals
Management consistency and team support often do lack and it really takes a toll on the employee moral. Poor advancement & an awful work-life balance.
I love working there because of the team but we’re not really well payed(13$/h) for working a lot. There is a lot of potential for advancement, people are really supportive and they help you a lot when you get lost. The only thing is that we’re underpaid for all the work, but it’s a lot of fun specially if you customer service.
Good co-workers helped me and taught me a lot. Enjoyed organizing and having the option to see the latest trends. The majority of customers were good and respectful.
Evaluate every new Manager coming into a department and teach them to learn how to professionally adapt into work space. ( The scheduling, work tasks and on floor treatments towards employees could be better organized or structured. )
A lot of cleaning up to do, some days are easer than others. Management team is very accommodating, friendly work environment with coworkers. Opportunities to learn new things and improve interpersonal skills.
J'ai travaillée au Zara carrefour Laval et c'est le meilleur magasin pour moi. La direction est très compréhensive, elle s'implique énormément et essaye d'être à l'écoute de son équipe et des clients. Zara garde sa réputation au personnel "hautain" mais quand vous regardez de plus près on est agréable n'oublions pas qu'on a une clientèle exigeante et assez difficile. les opportunités d'évolution sont présentes avec persévérance et rigueur. l'aspect le plus agréable c'est mon équipe avant tout rayons "kids" et le plus difficile à mes yeux c'est la clientèle.
I once wore a head wrap ( something we do in my culture) and the manager pulled me to the side and said its an accessory and I should take it off yet they don't tell muslims to uncover their hair.
I've been using this time at Zara to understand all the retail process from the fulfillment to the costumer service. In 4 months I moved from a floor associate to cashier.
The environment at Zara offers a lot of opportunities for a manager to grow their skills. It is very faced pace and there are always many tasks to complete whether your an associate or a manager. You must be able to problem solve and manage your time if you want to be successful here. Overall good place to work with a great management team.
I loved working there, and because of my position that I had there, I was so happy to work with the head office team they were so helpful, and I learnt a lot from this company.
For most of my time at Zara, I enjoyed working there because the managers and staff were cool but they recently hired an idiot as the general manager so I quit.
Zara Home was great work experience, and I learned a lot of things i didn't know before about beddings and furniture. I also got a lot of experience in up selling.
This is good for a first time job if you are young, and wanting to gain work experience for the future. Management style is poor and there style is based on favouritism
Great place to work and use as a stepping stone towards something even better like management or an even better company. Being a busy place it was a great experience to learn quickly which pushed me farther to learn to prioritize my tasks and improve my skills in customer service.
It's super fast paced, and they pressure you to get faster and faster. They give the newer people the harder tasks and give the regulars easy tasks. The pay is not worth the hard labour. I only got 14 at the warehouse and they didn't raise the pay when the minimum wage went up to 15. The employees at the stores that have worked there for a while only talk to each other. No one tries to make friends with you. When the work is slow at the warehouse, they send you to Richmond, downtown Vancouver, Park Royal and Metrotown sometimes with late notice. I've gotten asked to go to the store on the day of when I was already at the warehouse for half of my shift. Asking someone to travel and make them spend more on transit fair than they have to is unfair. If you don't mind a sweaty work out and basically working on your own all day, go for it.
Long hours, can’t even sit down for 5 hours Changing their policy all the time, I was originally hired for children’s wear and when I go to work, I am suddenly in Lady’s wear. I told them I am a university student and I cannot work for too long during interview. They told me it is okay. Now I requested to work for 16 hours a week. The manager told me I have to work for 20hrs or they cannot have me there. I am quitting.
Very fast paced. You definitely learn a lot in a small amount of time. Lots of growth. If you really work for a position you will get it. Hardest part is that you're always working and social like isn't much there.
  1. Job Security & Advancement