ZARA logo

Sales Associate124 reviews
Canada124 reviews

Found 124 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,255 reviews

Working at Zara

I didn’t like the fact that we have to be independent to learn by ourselves how the company is working. I think the best thing it’s to have a formation about the different aspects in the company to help customers with their questions and different products that they searching. I didn’t like the fact that some of the managers and employees was rude and hypocrites about everybody rather than be non judgmental.

Pros

Fashion and the employee discount

Cons

How managers deal with their employees and the rude customers

Miserable

The better you are at your job, the more they overwork you. Sometimes you’ll work 5-6 days straight, 8 hour shifts as a part timer so the hours are good but it’s very exhausting. The customers are rude and disrespectful, the managers are mean and yell at you in the back and belittle you. Do not work here.

I would NOT recommend working at Zara

I worked at Zara part time while I was still in school. I'm fully aware that retail is hard, but management does not make it easier. The worst part was my schedule. I gave management my schedule 3 times and they still scheduled me for hours when I wasn't available (school). Had to talk the managers every week (multiple times) when the schedules came out because there was always something wrong, but they didn't listen. Managers were not polite. They are not at all clear about the opening and closing hours. I think the managers took advantage of the fact that I never worked in retail to make me work until late at night (I had school the next day). They never once mentioned to me, when I was hired, what the opening and closing hours were, and it was only after the schedules came out that I saw that I was working very late at night. The work culture is very weird to me. It took me a week for people to talk to me (even managers) and I don't consider myself an unapproachable.

Cons

Long hours, rude managers, awful work life balance, schedule is never right

worked here for too long

this place was the absolute worst (most of the time). customers are entitled and messy. management doesn’t care about you unless you’ve worked there for years. requesting days off was always a hassle, management (especially gm) would say “it’s a request that doesn’t mean we will give it to you”. remember if you need the day off just call in sick anyways. even if you’re really sick and call in they still expect you to come in, you would think during covid they would be a lot nicer about it…nope. they will still give you a hassle about calling in sick. overall it’s a very toxic environment and you have the management to blame for that. they work you too hard for the amount you’re getting paid. if you’re closing always expect to stay back late. don’t work here unless you really really need a job other than that it’s not worth it. don’t waste your time on a company that doesn’t care about you. once again it was a very toxic environment the only thing good were the hours and your coworkers. they will make the experience more manageable. also take what the management says with a grain of salt. they will subtly attack you and try to hurt you, don’t take them too seriously they don’t have live cause their lives revolve around zara. it’s like a cult.

Pros

great coworkers

Cons

management

Meh

It was ok place to work, great way to meet people and build relationship with my co workers and customer. Management is horrible. There's one manager that doesn't really care about their employees well being and often times overworks them. Pay was minimum wage but I don't think its fair considering the amount of labour you do at Zara. Store is always under staff, every time on my off day they would call me in to work.

Pros

Meet people, get experience

Cons

Management, always under staff

Stressful with no incentive. Careless managers.

Management does not care about employees (can be rude towards customers too.) No recognition for good customer service, all about being a manager's favorite. Get no hours with last minute changes but still expected to have open availability. Staff is friendly but no time for employee communication, you will constantly be approached by 3-4 customers at a time. Hardly any staff on the floor putting all the work on 1-2 employees.

Pros

Employee discount, Great selection for shopping, Friendly co-workers

Cons

No hours, Management treats you badly, Lots of customers (There is always a line outside), No opportunity for advancement, No sales bonus/incentive

Extremely poor and unprofessional management

Honestly, the worst job I've had. Forcing you to do overtime. Manipulating employees not to take sick days, even if you're super sick they probably will talk you out of it. Managers at Westfield shopping centre are horrible and dont know how go do their job and some are bullies and when you complain they dont care at all, One of the managers actually caused me a lot of distress . most staff are really nice but some are horrible too and very very rude.

If I could give 0 star to this company I would do that

I work at Zara Yorkdale for the past 6 years. Over the years I have been a very loyal and valuable employee and have shown my appreciation to the company for the employment opportunity they have given to me by coming in on unscheduled days when asked, staying late and coming in early when ever I was needed. Unfortunately, I have been forced to quit because of management. Both SRA managers refused to approve my temporary availability I provided them for only two weeks due to school. I communicated to them that I was unavailable for during the week but could come in on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. They continuously gave me shifts that were in direct conflict with my availability during the week. I spoke to them, to fix it just for two weeks and was told it was unfair to the other employees. However, I verified the schedule for the last three weeks and saw we had a lot of employees who were off during the week and only worked weekends with maybe one day in the week who were not with the company as long as I have been. Thus, I was given no other option but to resign and I feel as though they purposely forced me out because they kept giving me shifts, I was unable to work in order to give just cause with warnings for no show. I would think a person who has been with Zara for over five years has seniority and would hold some significance in my employment with the company. I did not want to be given any warnings with the company as you can see my tenure is impeccable and I am without any incidents. I had a great time getting to know other staff members and customers. In the -

Pros

Discount, making friend

Cons

Poor Management (SRA), Human Resources and payroll

Do not work here

Terrible management. Got picked on by the managers during my time working here because I was quiet and they knew I couldn’t fight back. Entire workplace was full of gossip and makes you feel like you’re still in high school. Co workers were cliquey and always gossiping (especially in the woman's section). You also get underpaid for the work you’re doing, while uniqlo is paying their employees a higher wage to do what you will be asked to do. Discount isn’t even that great, you’ll still be paying too much for sweatshop quality clothes. They also do not teach you a thing about customer service because everyone, including the managers, are rude to the customers. Refer to the google reviews to get an idea of what this place is like.

Pros

discount

Cons

management

don't work here

i was excited to work at zara when i first started 2 years ago but the management is so disrespectful, the shifts consist of actual labour, moving boxes, making towers, running back and forth to put clothes back (if you've been inside zara you know how messy it is, we have to clean it all and sort it each day). and your feet will KILL after each shift. Getting used to that itself took months, i really needed foot massages. operating as a cashier is more stressful, customers are extremely rude, cash is so hard to learn at zara because the process of returning items, loading a gift card, purchasing items, exchanging, etc all have like 12 different steps and if you do it in the wrong order you've lost the company money. Learning cash was tough but constantly being cornered by management telling you you suck and you're disappointing them instead of getting more help was the cherry on top of the worst experience here (im looking at the CF fairview and STC locations) Despite constantly studying notes and working to improve, even going so far as to ask employees to explain how to do certain transactions (because they only show you one time and expect you to remember every single step) would only make them angrier. you don't get breaks so you'll be on cash for like 4 hours straight, and sometimes they leave you by yourself on cash and the line goes all the way outside the door. Management is so rude for no reason, simply asking to explain how to empty cash racks or find items for customers provokes a very passive-aggressive "you're a failure and i hate looking at you" type of response. -

Pros

25% off clothes

Cons

Long hours, rude and snobby management staff, no extra support

Jobs at ZARA

Sales Associate positions
See more jobs

Management need more training in supporting and leading their employees

Typical retail, major responsibilities include folding clothes, managing financial transactions (cashier), assisting customers and helping them find what they need. Lack of support from managers, high turnover rate.

Pros

Long break

Cons

Not much benefits

Management is terrible

I was hired to be a sales associate of the and also cashier . But the general manager had decided to put me in the stock room, the operations manager was nice but then the switched him with another manager, who stinks and has no manners, or respect for people. The operations manager calls people late at night. He harasses employees.

Pros

Head office is great. Some the employees are reasonable thinkers

Cons

Management sucks

Having Best colleagues

The Payment is not fair at all. The only things that keeps me there is the staff and some of the managers. 8 hours standing on your feet and getting minimum wage is not really my target!!!

Pros

Staffs- managers

Cons

Payment

Very stressful

I understand that working in retail is stressful on its own, but working at Zara was something else. Most of the customers are very rude, even if you are being friendly with them. They will throw things on tables or the floors and don’t even care. The best part about working was my coworkers because they are all pretty young and nice. Managers are pretty good, too.

Pros

Christmas gift card, great coworkers, commission

Cons

Stressful environment, minimum wage, long hours

Excellent workplace to learn organizational skills and time-management

Very fast-paced workplace that was stressful at times but you do gain the knowledge of time-management and increased organizational skills. Workplace culture in-store was very clique like. Management in-store is sub-par, some managers are great and hard-working and some managers have preferences towards employs and it shows. Enjoyed my experience there but if I return to work for Zara it would be in the head office.

Job location was okay

Working at ZARA was okay. They don't give you much hours and management was okay to work with. I noticed most of the employees were university students

Good experience for the ones who want to gain experience in retail sector.

Friendly environment. Learned about Customer Satisfaction and Addressing customer issues, handling pick-up and internet orders, and locating merchandise.

Only good thing about Zara is the fact that they are big on diversity...on the other hand The turn over rate is extremely high management is poor

I’d suggest working at Zara if you find pleasure in wasting your time...hours are continuously being cut, they don’t actually make you a full time employee even when your availability is open...The management is the worst and the company thinks your personal life revolves around working with them.

Was a great experience

The managers are so supportive and friendly.Good co workers and great friendly environment. Operation teams manager is more flexible and very friendly. The only bad thing is minimum wage is permanent for sales employees.

Fast paced paced environment

Being in the operations department, one of the goals is to replenish the product that was sold on the floor from current hour. In order to do this you are required to understand how to efficiently work in order to located as many of the sold units as possible. Once located you are required to process them and place them on the shop floor neatly all before the beginning of the next hour, where you will then again repeat the process.

woman associate

*experience customer Service and how I make the customer happy *proof of personality. and how to build your capacity by dealing with customers *work as team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K