ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews for Operations Associate

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,247 reviews

Zara Review Summary

A typical day at Zara was organizing their stock, sales and preparing merchandise for the floor. I learned a lot about customer service, fashion as well as working with a team or as an individual in terms of organizing and selling merchandise. There wasn't really anything difficult about the job besides learning all the new fashion trends and knowing the inventory and what we have in store.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

A lot of people who lack commitment to work

Unrespectful and manipulative management

Coworkers were amazing to be around, but management wise it was really horrible. From not being paid properly, to having a non-understanding management. Gossips, rumours and negative energy predominates.

Wouldn't Recommend

This is probably one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The hours are long and the pay isn't anything to look forward. You work really hard for the money that you make and the turnover rate is extremely high. There is little to no career advancement, and there is a hierarchy. While employed here, there is a noticeable gap between management and employees and it creates an uncomfortable environment. There is a lot of workplace gossip

Cons

Workplace Gossip, poor training, poor work environment, long hours

Slave labor for minimum wage

The actual job itself is not bad if you like to always be on the move. If you work in operations you’re gonna be getting hurt and dirty quite a lot. I’ve had racks and crates fall on my head, I’ve injured myself on signage stands cause they weren’t put away properly, I have bruises all over my legs from the ladders. If you felt as if you were working towards something it might feel worth it, but unless you’re willing to give up your humanity you’ll never rise in that business. HR is useless and will never actually do anything except tell you to “talk to your managers” I have definitely whitnessed racial prejudice as well and intense patronizing. If you’re bad at your job you will get yelled at for every little thing you do until you quit, and if you’re good at your job all the responsibility will fall on you no matter what position you’re in. The better you do, the more responsibilities you’ll be given. Zara isn’t able to actually get rid of managers, so even when the ENTIRE store hates one manager (including other managers) there’s absolutely nothing that will be done except potentially the manager could get transferred. On the plus side it’s pretty hard to get fired unless you steal or just don’t show up for a week straight. We had people with 10 no shows who still got shifts and never got fired. So pretty much you’ll be working your head off for a company who would throw you over a cliff if it benefitted them. Never think anything a manager does for you is for you, it benefits them in some way or else they wouldn’t do it. They don’t even give out references so -

Pros

You get pretty good commissions if its busy, some of the workers are really cool, long breaks

Cons

Literally everything else

productive and fast paced

no issues with hours as you are always needed. You learn a lot from the management and other staff. Where i worked the staff was great and i made long term friends from working at zara

Great growth

Growing within this company is easy if you have a good work ethic. Customer service is the #1 skill required here. Extremely fast-paced environment with constant change.

Pros

Easy to grow

Cons

Stressful

Jobs at ZARA