ZARA
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

ZARA Employee Reviews for Cashier

It can be stressful at times but over all it was a great experience for myself. The team was great at working together, I was provided with as many hours as I needed.
AT West Edmonton Mall Location Zara has poor leadership and lack of communication with new employees. It's completely chaos..I would never work again for them.No regrets for not being part of that team anymore.(due to covid lay offs.)
I don’t recommend working at Zara unless you’re really desperate for finding a job! The workload is very heavy and the pay is minimum! No extra benefits. The managers won’t leave you rest for 5 minutes! Because “you’re getting paid” to run throughout the store and do what they want.
always busy with customers and bad management bad scheduling team the most enjoyable part is finding friends leaned how to deal with customer issues
Management consistency and team support often do lack and it really takes a toll on the employee moral. Poor advancement & an awful work-life balance.
A lot of unpleasant customers to deal with but a learning experience. Management is poorly managed. Some managers are unfair. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers in my department. Coworkers who share the same value and have the same work ethics.
Zara was one of the best jobs as a seller advisor and cashier, you had to stay on your fit all day long and serve every lady needing help. Zara is a messy store and we had to be picking up clothing from the floor vey often as well, but not complaning.The managing was excellent, they had more than 50 employees to do shifts for and they were well done most of the time.
typical day work good management i learned a lot of things from this job the most enjoyable part of the job is having a friend work culturel workplace
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
As an employee for about 2 years, I have to say that this workplace is not ideal. If the managers do not like you, they will not give you hours nor care about any issues you may have. Switching shifts is impossible since the General Manager of the store suddenly made it a rule that switched shifts can only be approved if they are notified 48 hours prior to the day of the switch. I was forced to work 7 days in a row, even though I told a manager that I did not want to work 7 days in a row. That's illegal, is that not? Luckily, management likes me.
Pros
Current co-workers
Cons
A typical day at work would be staying on cash and/or replenishing the store. Management is not understanding and will not take your desires into consideration.
Its fast paced long hours alot of running around if you like to keep busy this is the place for you . employee discount is nice and every christmas you recive a gift card
hard job base on the wage doesnt even worth it. always busy and never have support plus long hours .never able to do customer service because always have job to finish
Pros
discount
Cons
hard job paying less
I have been employed at ZARA for a few years, and there has not been a day where I've despised working there. All the employees and management generally get along - fairly good communication on a day to day basis. When an employee is unsure of a task, they are able to ask a fellow coworker for help. Shifts fly by as both a cashier and a sales associate on a busy day. We're able to talk to a wide variety of customers. Saying this, we also learn to deal with difficult customers. At the end of the day, everyone works together to get the store clean and all our tasks done.
Pros
Manageable hours, fun work environment
Cons
Difficult customers
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .. Working on , and always get the result for customer to work as team , most enjoyable part of the job every day every time we get the know so many new things and u are able to get to work as multitasking . the best thing is about zara company, it helps u learn as a team and u get the way the solve the problems in case u want to handle it .
Pros
free gift card every chistmas
Cons
A typical day at work would be coming into work assisting with shipment that came in the night before, then opening up the cash registers. I learned that working in retail takes patience and being in an environment where customer service is key, I acquired skills to ensure a customers happiness. Management was a great team to work with, flexible with scheduling due to schooling. The hardest part of my job would be customers who were unable to comprehend the price of an item or promotional prices. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help costumers find an outfit and then being able to cash them out with a great purchase
Great job for students. Lots of hours for workers. Everything changes very fast and often. Lots of tasks to do in your shift.