ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,247 reviews

Fast paced, lots of work

A typical day at work includes tidying, putting products back on the floor, aiding customers to find products and operating cash register. Hardest part of the job is to be able to work very fast-paced and be able to multitask.

Horrible Horrible Horrible

Zara is the worst place to work. Dont ever think its gonna be a nice place to work because the clothes are nice and it looks good. The management literally treat you like slaves and overwork you all while yelling at you for every little thing. They are extremely entitled to your time and think that you have no outside life beyond Zara. When you need to request a day off or have an emergency they do not care. point blank period do not care. They will literally give you no shifts for the month because you decided to request a day off. In total this place sucks, I cant even think of one good thing to say about them, even their discount is bad

Worst managers ever

Managers behaving you like a slave. Most of them don’t even know how to speak English. They are racist hiring people based on there own preference of group race. You don’t see yourself working there for long time.

Pros

Good co- workers

Cons

Managers, general managers, work load

Complicated

Zara is a complicated. It has its ups and downs, but its a good job during school as a student but I would not recommend working their full time. The management is alright and the culture is good. The people are nice but some of them can be problematic and the customers are sweet depending on the season but overall the job is alright.

Good.

It was overall a good experience although it can be a bit stressful in the beginning because it is a fast paced environment which also depends on your location. Other than that you get used to it and management can be flexible with schedule if going back to school.

Stressful and hostile work environment

Unorganized, inconsiderate and mean management team, hectic and very hostile work environment, unfair wages for the workload, no room for growth or improvement

productive and learnt time management

I enjoyed working at Zara because it was a fast pace environment which I enjoy and I was able to assist people from all around the world. my time there was a pleasant experience.

Never go here

This was the worst place I have ever worked. the managers are all horrible, and don't know how to their job or even train you. they are so disrespectful, and try to treat you like some kind of slave. it is the most horrible place, just coming into work made me angry because I knew what horrible treatment I would receive. do not go here, you will hate your life and your mental health will plummet.

workplace envairoment

This store does not care their employees, we do not have a good leadership, they are not skills for this position, also we do not have a good condition to work, so the people suffer different kind of the pain in their body because they do not protection no one.

Excellent

The work experience was awesome, training was done in a systematic and easy way to ease working on the job. The job further helped train me in efficient customer service especially with irate customers which is the hardest part of the job.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ZARA?

fun workplace

It's good company to grow in , it really depends how are the managers , or the floor supervisor. Many times we had discussion about the schedule and the breaks.

Management needs to think critically

when i was first hired by Zara, i was hired by a manager that really considered the willingness of the candidate to work and be a part of their team. As the company grew and more workers were required, the hiring process became more and more about the availability of the people who can work at the company and less about their conviction to the job. Peope's qualifications or interest of working for the company were overlooked thus a high turnover rate. I was very committed as well as invested with the company and saw myself working there for the long run. However, as time progressed, i saw the culture it had become and the quality of work my coworkers produced, and my motivation diminished because I was working on my own standard. While overall the company and management were great, especially if youre a seasoned staff, I think there are values that the company seem to have thrown into the window soon as they got bigger and bigger

Pros

great benefits and profit sharing

Cons

FORCED to work outside of your scheduled hours

Fine

Fine at first but you soon realize that you’re treated like a slave

Fun Ongoing Staff

Long days, the staff is really friendly. Could use some management changes. Overall a very fun, desiring place to work at that fosters growth and commitment.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Management Team

Hated this place

The work itself is okay. Typical retail things. folding and getting clothes for customers. cleaning. They gave me too many shifts and we would close at like 11pm-11:30 just from cleaning it took forever.

Pros

Dollar above minimum wage, total stole commission pay type thing

Cons

uniform, long nights

Busy workplace

•Zara is a busy and friendly workplace •Zara has reasonable rules •Zara provides full uniforms for employees •Zara has new Merchandise every week •Zara is always on trend

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Long hour shifts

awful

do not apply here, management is awful and does not respect its staff ...... they disrespect availabilities and prioritize work over your personal life

Pros

Cons

everything

Fast paced work, fun and energetic staff

•Provide high level customer service by being attentive to customer needs while achieving both team and individual objectives •Assisting set up of merchandise displays, maintaining and replenishing shop floor in a fast pace environment •Operate cash register, processing sale and refund transactions, balancing cash drawer and ensuring accurate completion of daily cash reports •Responsible for sending out and receiving store transfers of merchandise Most enjoyable part of the job: the positive staff members Hardest part of the job: not enough sales associates some days, long hours, providing customer service in demanding situations

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Long hours during sale period and maintaining sales floor during busy periods

fast paced and fun work environment.

the company has a good and friendly working culture. support each other and helps you understand the need to meet deadlines and maintain the floor for the store to be presentable at all times for cusotmers

Great experience

I had a very good experience working in Zara. It could be busy during the weekend or especially in sale times but overall it was quite a good experience working there as a sales associate and cashier.

A retail job that is always busy

Management at Zara (Markville) lacks professionalism. Specifically, the women's manager, kids' manager and general manager at this location. Other managers are pleasant.

Pros

nice employees, OPS & men managers are professional, a retail job you can make money in

Cons

zara customers are very inconsiderate, managers are petty and yell, some months are good hours others are not, general manager is racist

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K