ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,259 reviews

Love some of the managers

Although I loved the staff, management was point on. Managers were great. Learnt a lot and made good friends. Staff is quite helpful and have team dinners which is pretty cool. Although I left before that, pretty chill, fast paced environment. But then again, very slow growth.

Pros

25% Discount, a lot of coworkers so can sometimes easily swap with others.

Cons

- long working hours, not easy to climb the ladder and very slow.

Stressful with no incentive. Careless managers.

Management does not care about employees (can be rude towards customers too.) No recognition for good customer service, all about being a manager's favorite. Get no hours with last minute changes but still expected to have open availability. Staff is friendly but no time for employee communication, you will constantly be approached by 3-4 customers at a time. Hardly any staff on the floor putting all the work on 1-2 employees.

Pros

Employee discount, Great selection for shopping, Friendly co-workers

Cons

No hours, Management treats you badly, Lots of customers (There is always a line outside), No opportunity for advancement, No sales bonus/incentive

stressful and under pressure work place

always busy with customers and bad management bad scheduling team the most enjoyable part is finding friends leaned how to deal with customer issues

Productive work place and fast paced

It was a fast paced but also a enjoyable work environment. I have worked with amazing coworkers and managers who always helped me improve my professional skills.

Pros

store discount

Cons

short hours sometimes

Productive place, with great people and fast-paced environment

I've been using this time at Zara to understand all the retail process from the fulfillment to the costumer service. In 4 months I moved from a floor associate to cashier.

workplace envairoment

This store does not care their employees, we do not have a good leadership, they are not skills for this position, also we do not have a good condition to work, so the people suffer different kind of the pain in their body because they do not protection no one.

if you don't mind the hard work, go for it

It's super fast paced, and they pressure you to get faster and faster. They give the newer people the harder tasks and give the regulars easy tasks. The pay is not worth the hard labour. I only got 14 at the warehouse and they didn't raise the pay when the minimum wage went up to 15. The employees at the stores that have worked there for a while only talk to each other. No one tries to make friends with you. When the work is slow at the warehouse, they send you to Richmond, downtown Vancouver, Park Royal and Metrotown sometimes with late notice. I've gotten asked to go to the store on the day of when I was already at the warehouse for half of my shift. Asking someone to travel and make them spend more on transit fair than they have to is unfair. If you don't mind a sweaty work out and basically working on your own all day, go for it.

Great if you like fast pace environments

Very fast paced. You definitely learn a lot in a small amount of time. Lots of growth. If you really work for a position you will get it. Hardest part is that you're always working and social like isn't much there.

Fun workplace to find awesome clothing

Managers who work in stock are forcing workers to be quick. If you don't want to work for a retail industry that controls workers too much don't work for Zara

Pros

25% discount

Cons

Too little pay, Management power over employees

productive and very learning

Great company and many possibilities. benefits good salary easy going the management its good they want to improve eryone. the hardest is work in the weekend

benefits

Jobs at ZARA

in Vancouver, BC
See more jobs

One of the ants

I liked how structured and fast paced Zara is, but you kinda feel like an ant in one of those colonies. You needed to work fast but the team was nice

Productive and busy place

Handled many things with coworkers. Supervised and trained international employees with my strong communication skills. Hired some Japanese because of my credit.

fast paced

Zara is a very fast-paced work environment, although customers may seem the associates as not being very customer orientated, it's because they are being given tasks to complete under certain time by the management. Overall, its a great place for self growth

Great Place to work

Great company to learn from, they teach you so many skills and how to be good at everything. Very fashion forward and trendy. Very respectful place to work.

productive

always on youre feet learning something new everyday. great team. must be quick and hardworking. advanced technology. learn a lot about business and marketing. management is great

fun

The workplace can get really stressful but as long as you have a team supporting you, you'll be fine. The hours are flexible and the workers are fun to be with.

Pros

flexible hours

Good pay but no work/life balance and poor upper management

Great pay for management but not for sales associates. No family culture and very political. Too many head games and inefficiencies. No work life balance though they preach the importance of it. Barely any external support from upper management

not the greatest

company doesn't care at all management isn't great workers are amazing people will only be able to last a month working there because of the conditions

Pros

good hours

Cons

management

good money, no work-life balance for managers

Great pay for managers, but you will be owned by them. not worth it, not a fun place to be, way better retail companies to work for.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours, no gratitude other than money, negative work environment.

learning how to not take things personally.

I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K