ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 99 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,259 reviews

Worst managers ever

Managers behaving you like a slave. Most of them don’t even know how to speak English. They are racist hiring people based on there own preference of group race. You don’t see yourself working there for long time.

Pros

Good co- workers

Cons

Managers, general managers, work load

If I could give 0 star to this company I would do that

I work at Zara Yorkdale for the past 6 years. Over the years I have been a very loyal and valuable employee and have shown my appreciation to the company for the employment opportunity they have given to me by coming in on unscheduled days when asked, staying late and coming in early when ever I was needed. Unfortunately, I have been forced to quit because of management. Both SRA managers refused to approve my temporary availability I provided them for only two weeks due to school. I communicated to them that I was unavailable for during the week but could come in on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. They continuously gave me shifts that were in direct conflict with my availability during the week. I spoke to them, to fix it just for two weeks and was told it was unfair to the other employees. However, I verified the schedule for the last three weeks and saw we had a lot of employees who were off during the week and only worked weekends with maybe one day in the week who were not with the company as long as I have been. Thus, I was given no other option but to resign and I feel as though they purposely forced me out because they kept giving me shifts, I was unable to work in order to give just cause with warnings for no show. I would think a person who has been with Zara for over five years has seniority and would hold some significance in my employment with the company. I did not want to be given any warnings with the company as you can see my tenure is impeccable and I am without any incidents. I had a great time getting to know other staff members and customers. In the -

Pros

Discount, making friend

Cons

Poor Management (SRA), Human Resources and payroll

don't work here

i was excited to work at zara when i first started 2 years ago but the management is so disrespectful, the shifts consist of actual labour, moving boxes, making towers, running back and forth to put clothes back (if you've been inside zara you know how messy it is, we have to clean it all and sort it each day). and your feet will KILL after each shift. Getting used to that itself took months, i really needed foot massages. operating as a cashier is more stressful, customers are extremely rude, cash is so hard to learn at zara because the process of returning items, loading a gift card, purchasing items, exchanging, etc all have like 12 different steps and if you do it in the wrong order you've lost the company money. Learning cash was tough but constantly being cornered by management telling you you suck and you're disappointing them instead of getting more help was the cherry on top of the worst experience here (im looking at the CF fairview and STC locations) Despite constantly studying notes and working to improve, even going so far as to ask employees to explain how to do certain transactions (because they only show you one time and expect you to remember every single step) would only make them angrier. you don't get breaks so you'll be on cash for like 4 hours straight, and sometimes they leave you by yourself on cash and the line goes all the way outside the door. Management is so rude for no reason, simply asking to explain how to empty cash racks or find items for customers provokes a very passive-aggressive "you're a failure and i hate looking at you" type of response. -

Pros

25% off clothes

Cons

Long hours, rude and snobby management staff, no extra support

Horrible Horrible Horrible

Zara is the worst place to work. Dont ever think its gonna be a nice place to work because the clothes are nice and it looks good. The management literally treat you like slaves and overwork you all while yelling at you for every little thing. They are extremely entitled to your time and think that you have no outside life beyond Zara. When you need to request a day off or have an emergency they do not care. point blank period do not care. They will literally give you no shifts for the month because you decided to request a day off. In total this place sucks, I cant even think of one good thing to say about them, even their discount is bad

Not a bad place

It can be stressful at times but over all it was a great experience for myself. The team was great at working together, I was provided with as many hours as I needed.

Good experience for the ones who want to gain experience in retail sector.

Friendly environment. Learned about Customer Satisfaction and Addressing customer issues, handling pick-up and internet orders, and locating merchandise.

Fast paced paced environment

Being in the operations department, one of the goals is to replenish the product that was sold on the floor from current hour. In order to do this you are required to understand how to efficiently work in order to located as many of the sold units as possible. Once located you are required to process them and place them on the shop floor neatly all before the beginning of the next hour, where you will then again repeat the process.

Stressful and hostile work environment

Unorganized, inconsiderate and mean management team, hectic and very hostile work environment, unfair wages for the workload, no room for growth or improvement

productive and learnt time management

I enjoyed working at Zara because it was a fast pace environment which I enjoy and I was able to assist people from all around the world. my time there was a pleasant experience.

Always have something to do

Very fast paced. Must be able to multitask. Management is ok. Hardest part of the job would be misunderstandings between the managers and the employees. Managers tend not think before they act

Jobs at ZARA

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

A stressful workplace

It's a very busy and stressful place to work at. I left due to how a manager at the store I worked at treated me. I felt uncomfortable working there. Other than that, it could be a great place to work at if you enjoy fashion.

Good company to work for

The environment at Zara offers a lot of opportunities for a manager to grow their skills. It is very faced pace and there are always many tasks to complete whether your an associate or a manager. You must be able to problem solve and manage your time if you want to be successful here. Overall good place to work with a great management team.

Never go here

This was the worst place I have ever worked. the managers are all horrible, and don't know how to their job or even train you. they are so disrespectful, and try to treat you like some kind of slave. it is the most horrible place, just coming into work made me angry because I knew what horrible treatment I would receive. do not go here, you will hate your life and your mental health will plummet.

Nice first job.

Nice experience 👍 nice co - workers and menegers. If you can hard working this job for you. First time is very hard. I worked in very busy shop and I think it's normal for shop like this. + Commission

Management needs to think critically

when i was first hired by Zara, i was hired by a manager that really considered the willingness of the candidate to work and be a part of their team. As the company grew and more workers were required, the hiring process became more and more about the availability of the people who can work at the company and less about their conviction to the job. Peope's qualifications or interest of working for the company were overlooked thus a high turnover rate. I was very committed as well as invested with the company and saw myself working there for the long run. However, as time progressed, i saw the culture it had become and the quality of work my coworkers produced, and my motivation diminished because I was working on my own standard. While overall the company and management were great, especially if youre a seasoned staff, I think there are values that the company seem to have thrown into the window soon as they got bigger and bigger

Pros

great benefits and profit sharing

Cons

FORCED to work outside of your scheduled hours

Average retail environment focused on fast fashion

Open and closing cash Replenishing and stocking merchandise Engaging and selling to customers Processing transactions at the point of sale systems Management is unprofessional Workplace culture is was not enjoyable Hardest thing on the job was handling long lineups Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Long hours, understaffing

it is a productive and fun work place

Zara is a nice working environment with friendly coworkers who assist customers when in need of help with clothes and outfits choices , there clothes are fantastic .

Awful

I would never work here again. Your days off come rarely, they'll even put you working on your days of unavailability, management treats you like trash. The hours are horrible, and they dont follow your availability. I was a student and they would schedule me for school time hours even after I asked managemnt to fix it. I was a part time high school student who worked 40+ hours a week. The thing that pushed me into quitting was when I was scheduled for 9 days straight; no day off. They treat you like dogs.

Pros

pay was good; especially during the holidays, co-workers were nice

Cons

long hours, long shifts, management, days off came rarely

Zara eaton centre

I could not find HR’s email, but I hope someone from HR is able to review and take this into consideration. I have been working at Zara for three years and it is possibly the most toxic place ever. To begin, though I love working with my coworkers, the management at Zara Eaton Centre is very unprofessional. They will disrespect not only their workers but also customers as well. Secondly, if you’re a student trying to find a part-time job, it’s better to look somewhere else because if you book days off for school, they will reduce your working hours from 4/5 times a week to once a week. They do not take into consideration the obligations that workers have outside of Zara and this is very frustrating. Lastly, just last week, a colleague of mine asked for a resignation sheet from the manager, and he denied her request. When she finally finds a resignation sheet, he then rips it in half and throws it in the garbage. This is very disrespectful and inappropriate behaviour. Overall, Zara has the most disrespectful managers ever, and I believe HR should investigate and look more deeply in whom they are hiring or promoting to lead the team because it seems as if these managers have not been trained well in communication and professionalism. HR should also focus on developing programs to enhance the quality of their leadership styles. All in all, a manager is one who is a mentor that one can learn different skills. Skills such as leadership, communication, patience and collaboration, NOT hostility, inconsideration, the tolerance of mediocrity and relishes the suck ups.

Wouldn't Recommend

This is probably one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The hours are long and the pay isn't anything to look forward. You work really hard for the money that you make and the turnover rate is extremely high. There is little to no career advancement, and there is a hierarchy. While employed here, there is a noticeable gap between management and employees and it creates an uncomfortable environment. There is a lot of workplace gossip

Cons

Workplace Gossip, poor training, poor work environment, long hours

Horrible

Salaries are bad, management never care about employees, the most brutal exploitation. Terrible shifts and really bad life-work balance. People blame to each other all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K