ZARA logo
ZARA
Happiness score is 41 out of 100Low

ZARA Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,259 reviews

Experience will depend on your manager

For most of my time at Zara, I enjoyed working there because the managers and staff were cool but they recently hired an idiot as the general manager so I quit.

Zara Bayshore needs a better management in Men’s department.

Evaluate every new Manager coming into a department and teach them to learn how to professionally adapt into work space. ( The scheduling, work tasks and on floor treatments towards employees could be better organized or structured. )

Busy and fast paced

If you’re the type of let’s win who always likes to keep busy, this is the place for you. There’s always something to do, sometimes too much! A lot is expected of you as a manager. You’ll be doing basically every job title there is as everyone will need support as the store is usually always very busy.

Good environment and enjoy every hour.

I used to work in Abudhabi, UAE part-time for 6 months in 2013. I used to work 9 hours a day with 1 hour break. The environment was good with my colleagues and the manager. The hardest part in my job was to get the target at the end of each month because some months were somewhat low since there is no important upcoming events whether religious or country events. I used to enjoy every hour because I love fashion and I like to help customers.

dont work here

the managements sucks, they create new policies and never tell their employees about it and gets written up if they didn't follow through. stay away.

Good standard workplace , flexible but realistic

This company was overall a good job and good work . The hours were flexible and could be tampered with accordingly. I learned A lot from working here and continue to , this job has me talking to customers everyday And helping with there needs . Overall great experience

Pros

Good work, great employees, learning experience in the workplace

Cons

Bad management, hours were bad when new management came, unorganized

Very VERY long hours

They’ll book you for ridiculous 12 hour shifts and work you on your feet all day. Very stressful job with not a lot of training. Nothing positive about my experience there.

Pros

Discount but it’s not that good and you get it after six months

Cons

Long hours. Stressful environment. Cliques. Terrible and rude management

Nice place to start a work experience in Canada

It is an excellent place to learn how to work under pressure and It is a good opportunity to learn also how to work in a multicultural place. They really accept your experience and try to give you the chance to grow in the company day bu day

Great job!

I handled the store floor and fitting rooms, everyone was very friendly, great with working the schedule to help everyone, positive environment. There was a group commission and I found that great!

Not to bad

They had a good pay and good work environment. Very flexible. Great discounts and great managers. I will definitely want to work there again. Thank you

Jobs at ZARA

in Ottawa, ON
See more jobs

You'll never be bored, and will put your stress management skills to the test.

At Zara you will always have something to do, the store gets crazy sometimes, which it's not always fun. If you like the clothes that will be a great highlight.

Pros

commission, staff discount

Cons

hours are not great

Good first job

Your experience there will depend on your managers and your coworkers. You work really hard, and there's not a lot of room for growth. If you're the kind of person that wants a laid back retail job, this is not the place for you, there is always a lot going on and you have to be able to handle stress, especially during sale season.

Pros

commission, fast paced, uniforms

Cons

truck hours

Good workplace environment, with strong management

Overall good experience. The leadership at my particular location was very competent. They are also flexible and invested in teaching as much as they can to make you a valuable member

very productive work envrironement

I worked at ZARA for over a year and in that year had no problems with management staff. I did not enjoy the management staffs attitude towards their employees but the one redeeming quality of working at ZARA was that you got to work with people that are like minded. A lot of ZARA employees are into high/fast fashion and you can really learn a lot from them. While working there you don't really have to push any sort of customer service, you can just let them do their thing and not nag them which is something a lot of people have come to appreciate.

Interesting working environment with interesting people.

I worked at ZARA for over a year and in that year had no problems with management staff, although some of the managers are very stuck up and arrogant. I did not enjoy the management staffs attitude towards their employees but the one redeeming quality of working at ZARA was that you got to work with people that are like minded. A lot of ZARA employees are into high/fast fashion and you can really learn a lot from them. While working there you don't really have to push any sort of customer service, you can just let them do their thing and not nag them which is something a lot of people have come to appreciate.

Pros

Long break.

Cons

Poor management staff attitude

Productive and fun work environment

My experience at Zara Inc was a life time experience. A typical day at work would be very easy to handle due to the amount of co - workers we always had on floor. I've learned that working in a team will help benefit you in many ways throughout your career. I've also learned plenty of more things like: How to properly assist costumer inquires, and report customers complaints, How to provide customers with information in a friendly, professional manner. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with a variety of different customers in a day. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be working in different departments of the store.

Pros

hour break

Cons

Interactive, productive, cooperational, and enthausastic workplace

I was responsible for managing the sale floor, training new employees, and organizing the stockroom. My duty required responding quickly and resourcefully to customer requests or concerns. Also, meeting individual targets for the day such as: sales, emails, signing up customers to the company’s loyalty program, and accurately completing cash register transactions. Through it all, I learned professionalism, initiative, and adaptability. The hardest part of the job was management of the sales floor on a busy day. However, the most enjoyable part was creating new loyal customers.

Pros

Great team, costumers, and working environment

Cons

Hours are not flexiable

Productive, career based environment, great people to work with.

Overall I would recommend Zara to anyone looking to gain good experience in the retail fashion which ever changing. Zara really keeps up with the runway and is great when it comes to staff promotion.

Fast paced, fun environment.

A typical day involved greeting and assisting customers, selling products in a fast-paced retail environment and sometimes handling cash register. Maintaining the appearance of the store and the merchandise was also crucial. It was overall a great learning experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K