ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,257 reviews

Great Company To Start

Good place to start and get good hours. They appreciate hard work and promote you fast if one is committed and hardworking. Staff earn commissions on top of the minimum wages.

Miserable

The better you are at your job, the more they overwork you. Sometimes you’ll work 5-6 days straight, 8 hour shifts as a part timer so the hours are good but it’s very exhausting. The customers are rude and disrespectful, the managers are mean and yell at you in the back and belittle you. Do not work here.

worked here for too long

this place was the absolute worst (most of the time). customers are entitled and messy. management doesn’t care about you unless you’ve worked there for years. requesting days off was always a hassle, management (especially gm) would say “it’s a request that doesn’t mean we will give it to you”. remember if you need the day off just call in sick anyways. even if you’re really sick and call in they still expect you to come in, you would think during covid they would be a lot nicer about it…nope. they will still give you a hassle about calling in sick. overall it’s a very toxic environment and you have the management to blame for that. they work you too hard for the amount you’re getting paid. if you’re closing always expect to stay back late. don’t work here unless you really really need a job other than that it’s not worth it. don’t waste your time on a company that doesn’t care about you. once again it was a very toxic environment the only thing good were the hours and your coworkers. they will make the experience more manageable. also take what the management says with a grain of salt. they will subtly attack you and try to hurt you, don’t take them too seriously they don’t have live cause their lives revolve around zara. it’s like a cult.

Pros

great coworkers

Cons

management

Stressful and Bad General Manager

General Manager ruined many people’s experience and livelihood. Zara isn’t managed properly and the General Manager yells at employees for faults that isn’t theirs. I believe it is against the law to be abusive towards your employees especially in a position of authority and this general manager he tells at everyone and is abusive emotionally and stresses out employees which is why the store is so stressful to work in and always a mess and has such a high turnover rate and also why clothes are always on the floor. He is always yelling at people for his own mistakes that he blames on all his subordinates when you should lead by example not by yelling and being abusive.

Pros

Friendly co-workers except for General Manager

Cons

Stressful, Not worth the Salary, Emotionally Straining

Bad management

The opration manager is very rude and very dominant . She also criticizes employees in the company And is the only reason one would dislike work environment there .

Whew!

Honestly you will make some great friends and memories here. The management is awful, they are rude and will throw you under the bus with customers and head office. Head office does not respond to emails or complaints about management. The customers that are from the surrounding areas are extremely entitled and disrespectful. People complain about how messy the store is but they do not realize that they are the reason it is messy and you are always under staffed. You are overworked, it is long hours and the managers expect you to be free and available for anything they need and if you are not they will just not give you shifts. The cleaning at the end of the night is ridiculous. If you want hours and to work like slaves you can make money here, but at what cost? P.S if you are ever missing hours or your pay is off, just know you must find your managers mistake.

Pros

Can work as much as you want

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance (fails to follow availability), poor management

Great people, not so great work

day to day you are dealing with customers on the floor and keeping the store clean and tidy, running the fitting room, folding clothes.you may get assigned to work in the stockroom and handle that especially when a new shipment of merchandise arrives.

Pros

Fun co-workers

Cons

Deal with some horrible customers

Labour intense

must work efficiently, being able to carry heavy weights daily. you have to deal with a lot of difficult customers they do not train you well, also forces you to train.

Horrible Place to work

The managers were so shady sketchy and rude. They definitely had favourites, because they didn't treat everyone the same. This made it super hard to feel welcomed and comfortable at the workplace. I feel like my great customer service abilities were irrelevant at this job because they didn't care about customer service. I noticed this while being a cashier because when customers wanted to speak to the manager, they expected you to say that they were busy meanwhile they were in the employee room gossiping about others and their personal lives. I actually remember vividly going to the bathroom during my shift and getting yelled at because of it , in front the other employees. Also they barely give you a proper training. Zara's human resources is also useless as well because they also don't care about customer service. When I contacted HR about my concern she never called me back

productive and fast paced

no issues with hours as you are always needed. You learn a lot from the management and other staff. Where i worked the staff was great and i made long term friends from working at zara

Jobs at ZARA

in Mississauga, ON
See more jobs

Fantastic co-workers

-Fast-paced work environment -Never a dull moment. -Learnt time-management and appropriately delegating tasks. -Amazing co-workers, some of the best people I've ever met. -The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers.

Great place for growth

I loved working at Zara, it was a great place for growth and independence. Everyday at work was a privilege because I learned something new each time. I was able to interact with a lot of customers and I was able to network my ambitions and ideas to listening ears in return some were able to give me feedback and some were able to guide me into positive paths. My only concern was that the management weren't considerate of the difficult customers and environments that we had to work in.

Decent place to work at.

A typical day at ZARA was a constant routine of replenishing, maintaining, cashing out customers, and facilitating customers with solutions if there had been any issues. Management was decent as my direct manager did the best he could to work around employees' school schedule and requested days off. Most difficult part of the job was the customer service issues as there were many due to the large amount of continual traffic within the store. Customers were not very understanding for the most part. The most enjoyable part of ZARA was that the store felt like a huge family, and the bond that you create with customers is sweet.

Pros

Benefits, full time hours

Cons

Breaks are not paid.

Chaos

Overall working at Zara made me never want to set foot in the store again. Management at the time was very unorganized and made it seem like it was ones own fault. They treat their employees like trash always talking down being very condescending and rude when you didn't even deserve it. The store was always very messy and chaotic as well as long overdue for a renovation. Clean up was a nightmare although this was the customers fault because they would just throw things all over the place and their wasnt enough presence on the floor to deal with these matters until close. the most enjoyable part was that I met some truly friendly people but I also met all sorts of liars and people that would smile at you and steal your employee card, as well as $25 christmas cards.

Pros

Good pay and good hours when you're needed

Cons

Rude management, poor work-life balance

Very bad management

Management was always all over the place making it very hard to work there. The managers were always snobby and full of themselves. Always blamed everyone else for their mistakes. Very judgemental and there was lots of gossip.

The pinacle of enslavement

ZARA is definitely a place where your success is measured by your actions. That is what the company like to promote, to which they are right. What they fail to mention is just what you actually have to do to complete those actions. As a salary based job, they like to ensure that you are up to your eye balls with work, that is at times, impossible to fit into a 8 hour work day. Not to mention the closing times and opening times that you have to abide by. The work culture is either you survive or not, regardless of how little training you got. And the worst part of it all, is that the company indulges in intimidating their staff, making them feel inferior, and setting extremely unattainable goals and expectations. Definitely not a job for the masses. But there are a select percent that do like this work environment. And to those I say, best of luck.

Pros

Comissions

Cons

Exsessive work hours, bad management, little training, extensive work

Amazing workplace with room to grow

Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K