ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews in Markham, ON

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,256 reviews

Fast paced, lots of work

A typical day at work includes tidying, putting products back on the floor, aiding customers to find products and operating cash register. Hardest part of the job is to be able to work very fast-paced and be able to multitask.

Do not work here

Terrible management. Got picked on by the managers during my time working here because I was quiet and they knew I couldn’t fight back. Entire workplace was full of gossip and makes you feel like you’re still in high school. Co workers were cliquey and always gossiping (especially in the woman's section). You also get underpaid for the work you’re doing, while uniqlo is paying their employees a higher wage to do what you will be asked to do. Discount isn’t even that great, you’ll still be paying too much for sweatshop quality clothes. They also do not teach you a thing about customer service because everyone, including the managers, are rude to the customers. Refer to the google reviews to get an idea of what this place is like.

Pros

discount

Cons

management

Very fast pace, communication skills necessary.

A lot of cleaning up to do, some days are easer than others. Management team is very accommodating, friendly work environment with coworkers. Opportunities to learn new things and improve interpersonal skills.

Fun Ongoing Staff

Long days, the staff is really friendly. Could use some management changes. Overall a very fun, desiring place to work at that fosters growth and commitment.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Management Team

Depending on which department, it is a great experience but can be stressful

It's honestly a nice and respectable place to work especially in the retail industry. However, the management can be a slight issue at times you just have to be able to deal with it and as long as you try your best there should be no major issues. Typically as a sales associate you would be folding clothes ensuring the floor is always clean and all clothing is hung and folded according to the brand's standards. Hardest part of the job is standing up for hours and maintaining piles while also helping customers out however giving customers fashion advice, helping them pick clothing is very rewarding. The workplace culture can be both fun and stressful as long as you are a flexible person that can adapt to any situation (especially with customer-related conflicts) you should be good.

Pros

workplace culture, coworkers, commissions

Cons

Management, Busy hours, constantly folding

Workplace Environment

Pretty much enjoyable but really toxic with managers. A lot of biases going on and honestly takes forever for chances for promotions. Their "packages" literally take 6-9 months just to confirm your promotion. Job was a lot more physically harder than other retail stores, schedules are not really flexible. People tend to quit a lot cause of management. DO NOT recommend for anyone wanting to start retail.

Pros

just commission, discount is only 2%

Cons

Long hours, biases, overworked, toxic work environment

worst job i've ever had

Zara treats their employees like slaves, the management has no respect for anyone. Typical day at work includes replenishing the floor with clothes and helping customers get what they need. If you are cash trained you also work on cash. On truck days, unpacking boxes and putting everything out is essential for every employee. Work is work and that is fine but the fact that the managers don't contribute in making a friendly atmosphere for everyone really sucks. Even co-workers are miserable and rude. If I could rate zara a 0, I would.

Pros

Cons

long hours, bad management, minimum wage

Management and job responsibilities

Management was unprofessional and rude at the location I worked at..However, doing the job was fun since I have a passion for fashion and I also love socializing with others. My favorite part of the job was helping and advising customers. I would tell them my recommendations and seeing them satisfied was the best.

Pros

Customer satisifaction

Cons

A good environment, friendly co-workers

Mostly worked as a cashier and my job was provide excellent service to all customers and make their shopping experience easy. For example, helping them find exactly what they needed and made sure they were satisfied with their shopping experience.

Productive and fun workplace

• Good management and great work environment • It is a very fast paced environment which helped me develop the ability to be fast paced worker. • There were always multiple tasks which helps you test your limits • Gives you critical skills to not only work for any retailer but also prepares you for other job opportunities outside of the fashion industry

Jobs at ZARA