ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,259 reviews

Complicated

Zara is a complicated. It has its ups and downs, but its a good job during school as a student but I would not recommend working their full time. The management is alright and the culture is good. The people are nice but some of them can be problematic and the customers are sweet depending on the season but overall the job is alright.

Job location was okay

Working at ZARA was okay. They don't give you much hours and management was okay to work with. I noticed most of the employees were university students

Only good thing about Zara is the fact that they are big on diversity...on the other hand The turn over rate is extremely high management is poor

I’d suggest working at Zara if you find pleasure in wasting your time...hours are continuously being cut, they don’t actually make you a full time employee even when your availability is open...The management is the worst and the company thinks your personal life revolves around working with them.

woman associate

*experience customer Service and how I make the customer happy *proof of personality. and how to build your capacity by dealing with customers *work as team.

fun workplace

I learned a lot when I worked in ZARA. The management and work environment are nice.The most enjoyable part is to help customers and build a good relationship with customers.

Unrespectful and manipulative management

Coworkers were amazing to be around, but management wise it was really horrible. From not being paid properly, to having a non-understanding management. Gossips, rumours and negative energy predominates.

Awesome

They encouraged work productivity in a healthy manner and celebrated our accomplishments. I felt respected and trusted when I earned it and looked forward to work. It was rushed at times but that comes with every work environment.

Pros

Hour lunches, chances to advance your career, solid hours

Cons

Super time sensitive

Sales Associate

Typical day at work will be doing truck in the morning and checking the stockroom of men's and women's area. Bring out items when we need to and take care of customer's requests

High emphasis on employee growth

Incredibly smart and driven people who will inspire and motivate you to be better personally and professionally. Genuinely smart and nice to people to work with, good culture inspiring leadership.

not fun job

personally retail was never my thing but working in a big store like zara is just annoying because of the folding clothes and stocking shelves at night. sales days were crazy.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ZARA?

hard job

hard job base on the wage doesnt even worth it. always busy and never have support plus long hours .never able to do customer service because always have job to finish

Pros

discount

Cons

hard job paying less

Fun and easy-going workplace

I have been employed at ZARA for a few years, and there has not been a day where I've despised working there. All the employees and management generally get along - fairly good communication on a day to day basis. When an employee is unsure of a task, they are able to ask a fellow coworker for help. Shifts fly by as both a cashier and a sales associate on a busy day. We're able to talk to a wide variety of customers. Saying this, we also learn to deal with difficult customers. At the end of the day, everyone works together to get the store clean and all our tasks done.

Pros

Manageable hours, fun work environment

Cons

Difficult customers

Working at ZARA as a Cashier and Sales Associate

A typical day at work included opening and closing cash registers, processing returns, exchanges, online orders, cash and credit discrepancies, and transfers. You would also process holds, damaged items, and alterations. You had to keep a continuous knowledge of the products and customer demands and maintain the fitting rooms. Most of all, you had to assist customers with any questions, concerns, and requests. You would have to maintain and replenish merchandise on the sales floor. I learned that you have to be patient with customers and manage your time wisely. You have to stay calm because it can be a hectic environment sometimes. You have to really pay attention to the merchandise because it changes weekly. The management was amazing in my opinion. They were understanding, efficient, smart, and made sure that you are being trained properly. The co-workers were fun, young, helpful, and passionate. The hardest part of the job is trying not to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Dealing with angry customers is also hard. You just have to grin and bear it and deal with the problem as best to your abilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the beautiful clothes. It made me appreciate fashion and the hard work that goes behind it. Working at Zara helped me gain confidence in my abilities and helped me realize my potential.

peace place

zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .. Working on , and always get the result for customer to work as team , most enjoyable part of the job every day every time we get the know so many new things and u are able to get to work as multitasking . the best thing is about zara company, it helps u learn as a team and u get the way the solve the problems in case u want to handle it .

Pros

free gift card every chistmas

fun place to work in it

.meeting people .being controlled. .Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for. .Balancing cash registers with receipts.

A fun fast paced environemnt

A typical day would include replenishment of stock two or three times, serving customers with any issues they may have; this includes clothing advice, or suggesting alternatives.

cashier

Great edperiance worked at Zara. First I appoint as sales associate then after I appoint as Cashier there. Very ggod staff as well as all the managers there

Nice working environment

Nice place to work. Managers make sure everyone works in harmony, resolves employee conflicts and make sure every one's on the same page. However, pay is very very low that's why it's only good for students or part timers. And downside is hours are always cut.

Pros

Perfect for students

Cons

Very low pay

My day at work was filled with visual merchandising of the store, sales, daily planning, cashier, training, and overall appearance of the store.

good college job

Management get mad pretty easy but manageable for a few people. Pay is not very good but hours are always available

Pros

satisfactory work environment

Cons

salary

Not very happy working with.

Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.

Pros

loved to work with other mamgers at same level.

Cons

hard work wasn't recognised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K