ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,247 reviews

fun workplace

It's good company to grow in , it really depends how are the managers , or the floor supervisor. Many times we had discussion about the schedule and the breaks.

productive and fun workplace

working at zara was one of the best experiences i have had,the group of workers are very friendly and are always available to help you, and always giving the best for the custumers.

Didn't enjoy working here

I didn't find the management easy to get along with. They asked way too much of their employees and had too many rules and were far too strict to provide a good culture within the store.

Excellent

The work experience was awesome, training was done in a systematic and easy way to ease working on the job. The job further helped train me in efficient customer service especially with irate customers which is the hardest part of the job.

Sucks

Long hours, can’t even sit down for 5 hours Changing their policy all the time, I was originally hired for children’s wear and when I go to work, I am suddenly in Lady’s wear. I told them I am a university student and I cannot work for too long during interview. They told me it is okay. Now I requested to work for 16 hours a week. The manager told me I have to work for 20hrs or they cannot have me there. I am quitting.

ZARA, sometimes good sometimes bad

Better management please their management sucks at the moment not all of them but few of them they don't care about their employees. And also they need to hire more employees and get a better uniform clothes. Also they are telling and promising positions to grow to senior employees but later on they regret and bring someone new to take over the open position. Corporate and Management have their favorites.

first job

this place is a first job type of workplace. long hours little pay. they hire you only to starve you out later on. if you are ethnic this place hires regardless.

Stressful and tiring

Bruh where do I begin. This was my first job ever so I found it especially stressful. The training was around 9 hours long and so pointless. It was basically team bonding, but they didn't teach us anything. I started the job without any knowledge of our store policies or how to set up clothes on display (ex: how to fold clothes) It was pretty much learning as you go, but I got in trouble several times from the managers for doing things wrong even though they were simple mistakes that could have been avoided if they had simply told me prior. Checking my working hours was always a hassle because they do not post online. I had to drive all the way down to the store to check what times I would be working that week. Unless you are seriously passionate about fashion I do NOT recommend this job.

Pros

earned about $1000 in 1 month

Cons

terrible experience

Unorganized chaos

Zara’s team was all over the place. Bad first impression. Very chaotic. Being a university student they were not flexible with the hours and would ask you to come on to work a day before or even the day of.

Fun workplace

the management is like a family. always got to chance to merchandise dress up the mannequin. i learned alot about merchandising and reading alot of reports.

Jobs at ZARA