ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,257 reviews

Very stressful

I understand that working in retail is stressful on its own, but working at Zara was something else. Most of the customers are very rude, even if you are being friendly with them. They will throw things on tables or the floors and don’t even care. The best part about working was my coworkers because they are all pretty young and nice. Managers are pretty good, too.

Pros

Christmas gift card, great coworkers, commission

Cons

Stressful environment, minimum wage, long hours

Management need more training in supporting and leading their employees

Typical retail, major responsibilities include folding clothes, managing financial transactions (cashier), assisting customers and helping them find what they need. Lack of support from managers, high turnover rate.

Pros

Long break

Cons

Not much benefits

Stocking warehouse

I learnt former job to be patient and collaborative my coworkers One thing hardest into zara warehouse was small area Not easy move pallet or cages shipments I had not stop retail and clean clothes and organized when the costumers were tried I felt enjoyed with my coworkers and meet new people they are from different cultures we were friendly did not annoyed with hardworking

Terrible work place.

Stressful, no break unless working 6 hours+. Company makes so much but still pays their workers minimum. There is commission but not worth labour. Customer gives you a lot of attitude although you didn’t do anything. Some managers don’t care if your sick they would still make you work. Sometimes they schedule you to work even if your not available.

Absolutely horrible and toxic place to work at

This company overall is horrible. The upper management doesn't care about anything but the sales, leaving the store managers to deal with other problems. The stress that comes with this job is NOT worth what you're getting paid for, despite how big this company is and how rich the CEO, this company is cheap when it comes to their employees. The "benefits" that come with the job? Non-existent. The management team always boasts about helping each other yet all they do is talk behind each other's back and complain. Nobody is productive and nobody cares about their job here. BUT if you do care about your job, all the weight is on your shoulder and you have to do a 4 person job by yourself. Unless you're looking for a job as a joke, I ABSOLUTELY do not recommend working for this company.

Heavy Workload

Overworked for minimum wage salary, managers do not provide the best structure or support to their employees. However, they are willing to cater to odd, inflexible schedules to retain employees.

Decent for entry-position

It is a fun corporate culture, but daily tasks do get repetitive and sometimes management does slip up. But if you can get pass those two major things, working there is a breeze.

good work benefits but very stressful if youre balancing it with school

good pay but employees can be a bit strict and work schedule can be very tight especially if you are a student. the management team is not too good but there are fun fashion activities and quizzes. free gifts , employee discounts is 25% off after 3 months and official outfit was also given after probation and they still didn't still give me any of that .

Pros

free gifts and good pay with commission

Cons

long shifts

fun and busy place

fun place and a lot of people of diff cultures come here and I personally recommend it but the work hours are not great and the schedules are not set prperly

Stressful

Zara has very poor management. They do not care about their workers and the managers really only care about the sales and how well the stores do as a whole. The one good thing about Zara is that you have really good coworkers. A lot of time and effort is put into working at Zara but there are really no benefits. You get minimum wage plus commission, but you do not get a raise unless you have a set full time position like merchandising or specialists. Managers have the tendency to not care about you and only think about the sales and sometimes they doubt you as well. They expect a lot from us and even when we are doing the best we can, they expect more just for the company it self. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have but there are no benefits. The amount of work we are given to do is not worth the amount of pay we get. The only thing good about this company is that you get to work with the best coworkers and that is it.

Jobs at ZARA