ZARA logo
ZARA

ZARA

ZARA Employee Review

Productive, career based environment, great people to work with

A typical day at work would be coming into work assisting with shipment that came in the night before, then opening up the cash registers. I learned that working in retail takes patience and being in an environment where customer service is key, I acquired skills to ensure a customers happiness. Management was a great team to work with, flexible with scheduling due to schooling. The hardest part of my job would be customers who were unable to comprehend the price of an item or promotional prices. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help costumers find an outfit and then being able to cash them out with a great purchase

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Doesn't have proper training for new employees,

AT West Edmonton Mall Location Zara has poor leadership and lack of communication with new employees. It's completely chaos..I would never work again for them.No regrets for not being part of that team anymore.(due to covid lay offs.)
Same roleSame location

Not a bad place

It can be stressful at times but over all it was a great experience for myself. The team was great at working together, I was provided with as many hours as I needed.
Same location

If I could give 0 star to this company I would do that

I work at Zara Yorkdale for the past 6 years. Over the years I have been a very loyal and valuable employee and have shown my appreciation to the company for the employment opportunity they have given to me by coming in on unscheduled days when asked, staying late and coming in early when ever I was needed. Unfortunately, I have been forced to quit because of management. Both SRA managers refused to approve my temporary availability I provided them for only two weeks due to school. I communicated to them that I was unavailable for during the week but could come in on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. They continuously gave me shifts that were in direct conflict with my availability during the week. I spoke to them, to fix it just for two weeks and was told it was unfair to the other employees. However, I verified the schedule for the last three weeks and saw we had a lot of employees who were off during the week and only worked weekends with maybe one day in the week who were not with the company as long as I have been. Thus, I was given no other option but to resign and I feel as though they purposely forced me out because they kept giving me shifts, I was unable to work in order to give just cause with warnings for no show. I would think a person who has been with Zara for over five years has seniority and would hold some significance in my employment with the company. I did not want to be given any warnings with the company as you can see my tenure is impeccable and I am without any incidents. I had a great time getting to know other staff members and customers. In the -

Pros

Discount, making friend

Cons

Poor Management (SRA), Human Resources and payroll

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K
1.9K
1.3K

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare ZARA with

• ZARA
  • Productive, career based environment, great people to work with