ZARA Employee Reviews

You'll definitely learn a lot working here!
Head Cashier (Cash Manager) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Zara is probably somewhat one's stepping stone into working for luxury retail. They say that if you've worked in the company, you're able to work anywhere else in retail. Zara was an eye opener for me. I learned many things in my few years with the company. Hardwork is needed. Loyalty, trust, respect is probably far fetched so don't keep your hopes up. Those are a few that you may want to keep in mind if you want to work here.
bad managenment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 September 2018
dirty place,they dont care for employees,cold in winter warm in summer , supervisors have their favorites they always listen to only their favorite employees.
Pros
overtime during peak season
Cons
bad managenment
Like any other retail
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater London27 September 2018
Inditex Zara is like any other retail company, and would remain so. Work culture is not very enriching or interesting. Management were okay yet they could have done better to ensure that employees are happy.
Pros
good for part time or temporary
Cons
not good for career builders
Très demandant
Comersicial visuel (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2018
Service à la clientèle
Caissière
Organisation
Débrouillard
Heavy Workload
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 September 2018
Overworked for minimum wage salary, managers do not provide the best structure or support to their employees. However, they are willing to cater to odd, inflexible schedules to retain employees.
Productive and busy place
Flor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2018
Handled many things with coworkers.

Supervised and trained international employees with my strong communication skills.

Hired some Japanese because of my credit.
Management is unprofessional
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
As an employee for about 2 years, I have to say that this workplace is not ideal. If the managers do not like you, they will not give you hours nor care about any issues you may have. Switching shifts is impossible since the General Manager of the store suddenly made it a rule that switched shifts can only be approved if they are notified 48 hours prior to the day of the switch. I was forced to work 7 days in a row, even though I told a manager that I did not want to work 7 days in a row. That's illegal, is that not? Luckily, management likes me.
Pros
Current co-workers
fun
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ON13 September 2018
Zara is a fast fashion retailer in which myself as a operations manager I was trained to be productive and efficient, owning excellent communication and problem solving skills. Managed a staff of over 100 employees, responsible for tracking budget, hours and schedules. A typical day at Zara includes a walk through of the store to identify daily priorities and important issues to attend to, communication with management and head office for daily planning. follow up with employees and progress in the store and back store. Workplace culture is average as there is much turnover, and sometimes too much pressure felt on employees from management and head office. Best part of the job: Zara is very good at what they do, and they teach and give the skills to ensure their managers are the best. Hardest part of the job would be the inconsistent schedules.
Fast paced and not understanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2018
A typical day at work would be staying on cash and/or replenishing the store. Management is not understanding and will not take your desires into consideration.
Soul-sucking but ok as a temporary job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2018
Probably the place I've liked the least from the jobs I've worked at. Its slightly bareable, you just gotta have the floor maintained, run items etc etc. However the managers are very unreasonable and patronizing despite the lack of training at the store. Co-workers tend be pretty fake and gossip about one another and are quick to throw you under the bus. Managers are the same and will throw you under the bus as well, managers also enjoy picking favorites as they will scold certain employees for little things and overlook clear mistakes on others. The employee discount is a joke and is not much of a discount on their overpriced clothing. Hours are not flexible, and mostly part time, and they do not like employees having other jobs. There is no rewarding aspect to this as they never commend you if you do something well, however will very much point out when you did not........customers are also more snooty than the regular retail fashion store kind
Pros
ok part time hours, ok tasks
Cons
rude management, repetitive, rude co workers, bad training, mediocre work enviroment
Not a positive experience
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
At the beginning, the job was fun. As time went on the management and work environment was very hostile, competitive, and fake. The managers and coworkers are not there to support you, everyone is only looking out for themselves and do not know how to work as a team. They do not care about your health or happiness. The management pick favourites and do not show fairness to employees. You work a lot of overtime and don't get much time off.
not fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2018
personally retail was never my thing but working in a big store like zara is just annoying because of the folding clothes and stocking shelves at night. sales days were crazy.
zara
N/A (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 July 2018
zara review
working short hours a day
only part time
helping customers out
putting clothes back
making friends everyday coworkers / customers
Pros
n/a
Cons
disrespectful
Stressful and tiring
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2018
Bruh where do I begin. This was my first job ever so I found it especially stressful. The training was around 9 hours long and so pointless. It was basically team bonding, but they didn't teach us anything. I started the job without any knowledge of our store policies or how to set up clothes on display (ex: how to fold clothes) It was pretty much learning as you go, but I got in trouble several times from the managers for doing things wrong even though they were simple mistakes that could have been avoided if they had simply told me prior. Checking my working hours was always a hassle because they do not post online. I had to drive all the way down to the store to check what times I would be working that week.

Unless you are seriously passionate about fashion I do NOT recommend this job.
Pros
earned about $1000 in 1 month
Cons
terrible experience
Management was very unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 June 2018
The managers would often come out with the weeks schedule on the saturday night before the first day on the schedule which was often very stressful and unsatisfactory for us employees.
Great experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
I had a very good experience working in Zara. It could be busy during the weekend or especially in sale times but overall it was quite a good experience working there as a sales associate and cashier.
Management is good but working there is tiring and they do not compensate well.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 June 2018
Management is good but working there is tiring and they do not compensate well. I feel like a lot of the staff is underpaid. Training there was not the best and the hiring there is not great either.
You'll never be bored, and will put your stress management skills to the test.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2018
At Zara you will always have something to do, the store gets crazy sometimes, which it's not always fun. If you like the clothes that will be a great highlight.
Pros
commission, staff discount
Cons
hours are not great
Intrnational Company, Nice coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 June 2018
Part time.
The hardest part of the job is running all the clothes from the fitting room. a lot of work. nice coworkers. its retail is always the same. depends your performance you can have a full time.
decent pay but not the best management
Management (Former Employee) –  BC5 June 2018
If you want a job in management with decent pay, lots of work, fun people, nice clothing, Zara might be the place.

If you want to be inspired and be cared for, grow as professional and have the ability to make some important decisions.. There might be a better place out there.
Pros
Pay, discount
Cons
No life balance, leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K