ZARA Employee Reviews

Intrnational Company, Nice coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 June 2018
Part time.
The hardest part of the job is running all the clothes from the fitting room. a lot of work. nice coworkers. its retail is always the same. depends your performance you can have a full time.
decent pay but not the best management
Management (Former Employee) –  BC5 June 2018
If you want a job in management with decent pay, lots of work, fun people, nice clothing, Zara might be the place.

If you want to be inspired and be cared for, grow as professional and have the ability to make some important decisions.. There might be a better place out there.
Pros
Pay, discount
Cons
No life balance, leadership
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2018
Your experience there will depend on your managers and your coworkers. You work really hard, and there's not a lot of room for growth. If you're the kind of person that wants a laid back retail job, this is not the place for you, there is always a lot going on and you have to be able to handle stress, especially during sale season.
Pros
commission, fast paced, uniforms
Cons
truck hours
Horrible Place to work
Cashed out customers (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2018
The managers were so shady sketchy and rude. They definitely had favourites, because they didn't treat everyone the same. This made it super hard to feel welcomed and comfortable at the workplace. I feel like my great customer service abilities were irrelevant at this job because they didn't care about customer service. I noticed this while being a cashier because when customers wanted to speak to the manager, they expected you to say that they were busy meanwhile they were in the employee room gossiping about others and their personal lives. I actually remember vividly going to the bathroom during my shift and getting yelled at because of it , in front the other employees. Also they barely give you a proper training. Zara's human resources is also useless as well because they also don't care about customer service. When I contacted HR about my concern she never called me back
productive and fast paced
Sales and Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2018
no issues with hours as you are always needed. You learn a lot from the management and other staff. Where i worked the staff was great and i made long term friends from working at zara
Decent for entry-position
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 May 2018
It is a fun corporate culture, but daily tasks do get repetitive and sometimes management does slip up. But if you can get pass those two major things, working there is a breeze.
Good workplace environment, with strong management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
Overall good experience. The leadership at my particular location was very competent. They are also flexible and invested in teaching as much as they can to make you a valuable member
You get a lot of hours if you are good a work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
if you want a lot of hours and if you are good at working and meeting their standards, they would give you hours. Its get stressful at times as they make you continously work without taking a break
A retail job that is always busy
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Management at Zara (Markville) lacks professionalism. Specifically, the women's manager, kids' manager and general manager at this location. Other managers are pleasant.
Pros
nice employees, OPS & men managers are professional, a retail job you can make money in
Cons
zara customers are very inconsiderate, managers are petty and yell, some months are good hours others are not, general manager is racist
Evil Management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
100+ workers, lack of hours, lack of management caring to do anything at all other than to gossip. Constantly overflowed with customers but lacking actual employees on schedule despite the fact that over 100 people were employed at my particular store.
Good Job
Head Cashier / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 April 2018
Just because its retail does not mean its not hard work, my coworkers became family. Im very happy that I was able to open the Oshawa location and be a cashier as well.
Place is very strict but great experience
Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 April 2018
Working as a stock felt as if you are not appreciated by the management, even if you work hard the managers wouldn't appreciate all the hard work that you have done, overall I don't recommend working as a stock if you are working towards helping customers.
Potentiel énorme pour grandir au sein de la compagnie...si vous êtes patients
Department cashier / caissière du département (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2018
Le rythme durant la semaine est plutôt lent tandis que celui de la fin de semaine est plutôt rapide.
La possibilité de faire carrière au Zara est totalement réalisable, mais les changement entre l'évolution des postes est très lent. Je m'explique: afin d'obtenir un poste plus élevé, il faut être formé. Pour être formé, il faut être confirmé. Le temps de la formation dure toujours plus longtemps qu'il faudrait car le bureau chef prends énormément de temps pour confirmé la fin de la formation et donc le nouveau poste.
Pros
Possibilité de grandir au sein de la compagnie
Cons
les changements prennent beaucoup de temps
Fantastic co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
-Fast-paced work environment
-Never a dull moment.
-Learnt time-management and appropriately delegating tasks.
-Amazing co-workers, some of the best people I've ever met.
-The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers.
Great place for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2018
I loved working at Zara, it was a great place for growth and independence. Everyday at work was a privilege because I learned something new each time. I was able to interact with a lot of customers and I was able to network my ambitions and ideas to listening ears in return some were able to give me feedback and some were able to guide me into positive paths. My only concern was that the management weren't considerate of the difficult customers and environments that we had to work in.
Workplace Environment
Stock Associate and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 March 2018
Pretty much enjoyable but really toxic with managers. A lot of biases going on and honestly takes forever for chances for promotions. Their "packages" literally take 6-9 months just to confirm your promotion.

Job was a lot more physically harder than other retail stores, schedules are not really flexible.

People tend to quit a lot cause of management.

DO NOT recommend for anyone wanting to start retail.
Pros
just commission, discount is only 2%
Cons
Long hours, biases, overworked, toxic work environment
Unorganized chaos
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2018
Zara’s team was all over the place. Bad first impression. Very chaotic. Being a university student they were not flexible with the hours and would ask you to come on to work a day before or even the day of.
busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Its fast paced long hours alot of running around if you like to keep busy this is the place for you . employee discount is nice and every christmas you recive a gift card
Very fun and friendly workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Zahle5 March 2018
Fun place to work at, environment was very friendly and it’s a well known retail store worldwide . Friendly management and coworkers. Overall it was a great experience.
Great Staff, Stimulating work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
working at Zara keeps you on your toes. Management exceeds in insuring that staff work effectively and efficiently. Staff maintain store standards in terms of customer service and store cleanliness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K