ZARA Employee Reviews

Found 204 reviews matching the search See all 4,336 reviews
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC4 January 2019
I learned how to operate cash system, work under pressure, and maintain a clean and organized workspace as well as cash desk. In addition, learning to deal with challenging customers and making sure they leave the store satisfied.
fast paced and fun work environment.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON16 December 2018
the company has a good and friendly working culture. support each other and helps you understand the need to meet deadlines and maintain the floor for the store to be presentable at all times for cusotmers
fun and efficient workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  哈尔滨市8 December 2018
I used to work in China, I have a huge passion on fashion, therefore Zara is my first choice. I learned a lot from the work, for example, the cooperation with other staffs, and communicate with the customers when they want to refund. Everyday that I worked at Zara was productive and meaningful. The most enjoyable part of the job is having such with other staffs, we talked and laughed together, shared own stories.
Environnement de travail productif.
Seller (Former Employee) –  Haute-Savoie26 November 2018
Equipe agréable et travailleuse, ce qui permet une bonne intégration.
Depending on which department, it is a great experience but can be stressful
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 November 2018
It's honestly a nice and respectable place to work especially in the retail industry. However, the management can be a slight issue at times you just have to be able to deal with it and as long as you try your best there should be no major issues. Typically as a sales associate you would be folding clothes ensuring the floor is always clean and all clothing is hung and folded according to the brand's standards. Hardest part of the job is standing up for hours and maintaining piles while also helping customers out however giving customers fashion advice, helping them pick clothing is very rewarding. The workplace culture can be both fun and stressful as long as you are a flexible person that can adapt to any situation (especially with customer-related conflicts) you should be good.
Pros
workplace culture, coworkers, commissions
Cons
Management, Busy hours, constantly folding
High emphasis on employee growth
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2018
Incredibly smart and driven people who will inspire and motivate you to be better personally and professionally. Genuinely smart and nice to people to work with, good culture
inspiring leadership.
Not bad
Sales Assosiate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
so busy but it trains you to be fast and relliable in the retail experiece
Pros
25% discount
Cons
after 3 months
Labour intense
Senior Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2018
must work efficiently, being able to carry heavy weights daily.
you have to deal with a lot of difficult customers
they do not train you well, also forces you to train.
One of the ants
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2018
I liked how structured and fast paced Zara is, but you kinda feel like an ant in one of those colonies.
You needed to work fast but the team was nice
poor management right up to Director
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 October 2018
Decent job for a student, be prepared for inconsistent hours and an often incorrect paycheck. Even if you are hired full-time you cannot count on 40hrs a week, part-time may only get 1 shift a week.

Training:
for new hires is limited which results in a lot of mistakes, requiring extra time to go back and fix everything. This is not motivating and a lot of people shut down from the expectations which results in a store full of employees doing their best to look busy while not doing their work.

Shifts:
If you are scheduled for closing you may be asked or lead to believe you have to stay later to finish cleaning the store - even after 11PM! Management will treat you negatively if you refuse. HR had to send out an email reminding all GMs to follow provincial laws regarding the number of days in a row someone can work and the minimum time they must be allowed between shifts.

Promotion:
Wanting to move up in this company you need to copy the personality of the upper management and develop a personal relationship with them. Actually being good at your job will not get you a raise or promotion, you need to fight your case for everything if you do not have these close personal connections. There are quite a few staff with 3+ years experience in their position who just never get that chance.
Pros
Spanish speaking
Cons
hours on your paycheck are often wrong
Not to bad
Instore Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2018
They had a good pay and good work environment. Very flexible. Great discounts and great managers. I will definitely want to work there again. Thank you
very productive fun work enviornment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
it was a great experience working with zara learned a lot while working there. management was very understanding and cooperative. they always did positive training. it used to be always a busy day at zara. even if the store itself was not busy we had to do alot of work like arranging and organising the store. there was never a dull day at zara. always a productive and useful day at work.
best place to learn
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 October 2018
I've been working for Zara for a year by now ,I have to admit I've learned a lot , but since Zara is a very busy store comparing to other retail stores it's up to you to keep learning and growing up. At the same time that some employees care and are willing to learn more some others are just like 'whatever' . if you are a hard worker who wants to learn more and gain better skills I recommend it to you , but if you are a student looking for some pocket money and not really interested to retail I have to say Zara can be a annoying job for you since it's always busy and needs high demand.
Pros
Perfect place for learning and growing up
Cons
can be stressfull
You'll definitely learn a lot working here!
Head Cashier (Cash Manager) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Zara is probably somewhat one's stepping stone into working for luxury retail. They say that if you've worked in the company, you're able to work anywhere else in retail. Zara was an eye opener for me. I learned many things in my few years with the company. Hardwork is needed. Loyalty, trust, respect is probably far fetched so don't keep your hopes up. Those are a few that you may want to keep in mind if you want to work here.
bad managenment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 September 2018
dirty place,they dont care for employees,cold in winter warm in summer , supervisors have their favorites they always listen to only their favorite employees.
Pros
overtime during peak season
Cons
bad managenment
Like any other retail
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater London27 September 2018
Inditex Zara is like any other retail company, and would remain so. Work culture is not very enriching or interesting. Management were okay yet they could have done better to ensure that employees are happy.
Pros
good for part time or temporary
Cons
not good for career builders
Très demandant
Comersicial visuel (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2018
Service à la clientèle
Caissière
Organisation
Débrouillard
Heavy Workload
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 September 2018
Overworked for minimum wage salary, managers do not provide the best structure or support to their employees. However, they are willing to cater to odd, inflexible schedules to retain employees.
Productive and busy place
Flor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2018
Handled many things with coworkers.

Supervised and trained international employees with my strong communication skills.

Hired some Japanese because of my credit.
Management is unprofessional
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
As an employee for about 2 years, I have to say that this workplace is not ideal. If the managers do not like you, they will not give you hours nor care about any issues you may have. Switching shifts is impossible since the General Manager of the store suddenly made it a rule that switched shifts can only be approved if they are notified 48 hours prior to the day of the switch. I was forced to work 7 days in a row, even though I told a manager that I did not want to work 7 days in a row. That's illegal, is that not? Luckily, management likes me.
Pros
Current co-workers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K