Zander Sod Company

Zander Sod Company Employee Reviews

great place to work

Great place to work ,senior staff obviously gets a few more hours as in most companies ,but management is more then fair and easily approached if there is any issues or concerns hours do fluctuate but understandable when it is a weather dependent product really enjoyed working for zander sod and got along great with other drivers and staff.

Garbage

Horrible place to work they work you like a dog for 13 14 hours a day sometimes. no overtime pay no nothing ppl work there are racist and everyone seems fine with it when I spoke to one of the super they pretty much just shoved me to the side didn't care not a good company at all

Professional Office with an east going vibe

Great people, bright lovely office with a lovely view. During the busy season it can be very fast paced, most of the job requires being on the phone. I liked that it was an office setting but not a stuffy uptight place to work.

fun work environment

great place to work always enjoyed coming into work great staff and administration the culture and teamwork really helped me excel in my field overall no complaints about the company

Hard to keep bills paid

Equipment well maintained, company has good record with Ministry of Transport. Hours dependent on weather, senior staff get lions share of hours, busy in the spring only.

Pros

can wear shorts

Cons

hard to pay the bills on salary

Hard to keep bills paid

Hours dependent on weather. Wage is below par, senior staff favoured. very little room for advancement. Equipment is well maintained and company has a good record with MTO.

Relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere

A normal day for me is almost always different as what is required depends on what the weather is like and the condition of the fields. In regards to learning it is little things at a time that build upon what I have previously learned. Management is good and understanding when needing to take time off or when having to leave early. They are also understanding when accidents are made or when having to train you on something new. There is a relaxed atmosphere between all co-workers and management that makes it easy to talk to anyone. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is when putting in the irrigation to water the fields or when having to put hay and shavings up in the loft of the barn. The most enjoyable part of the job is the physical labour that is involved and working outside all day.

No paid overtime, no lunch area and no breaks.

I liked the people I worked with for the most part although management created an atmosphere of dis trust.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours of work with no overtime hours paid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zander Sod Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4Job security/advancement