Zajac Ranch for Children

Zajac Ranch for Children Employee Reviews

Some great coworkers and some real bad

I would not recommend working at this location. This place has no leadership, no safety policy. Don’t care a all about employees, I don’t know how you can throw a switch and care about the children. Two pieces of equipment I worked on had no brakes told daughter in charge of my concern and was told has been that way for a long time and not to worry about it. Hand tools require repair exposed electrical wiring covered with tape etc.etc. Not good not good at all!!!!!!!!

Pros

Manager was great to work with

Cons

You won’t stay there long, don’t gamble

Small organization with a lot of heart

I work as part of the fundraising team for the Ranch, looking at grants, sponsorships, and individual donations. Coming from a larger nonprofit, there was definitely a learning curve readjusting to a small org where staff aren't confined to their roles. It's nice working somewhere that you can help out in other departments that interest you. Another plus of a smaller org is the autonomy each staff person has and the ability to make decisions when needed. This isn't the first family-run nonprofit I've been involved with and the dynamics are pretty similar; you just have to learn how to navigate and work with them. I love the work done at the Ranch and have seen how the experiences there can positively impact children with medical conditions. This is truly what drives the staff here - making a difference in kids' lives.

Pros

Coworkers, location, changing workplace culture

Cons

Main office and Ranch at different sites, some benefits need a refresh

Work Feedback

The experience working for Zajac Ranch for Children was great, the staff and management was fun to work with and gave direction well when needed. I will take this experience and apply it to my future career.

Pros

Good Work/Life balance

Terrible terrible

Worst place I have ever worked Management is horendous left hand doesn’t know what right hand is doing Was only there a few months and noticed no loyalty,family run and the daughter of the founder needs medical help she doesn’t have a clue how to deal with people or the jobs that need to be done Extremely rude person Don’t waste your time

By far the worst place I have worked for

The management has no idea what they are doing, they did not know how to run a camp. The whole place was a joke, thats why they have such high turn over.

Terrible place to work

Unorganized, poor budget spending, no regard for employee safety, unorganized disrespectful manager. Very poor work environment. Would not recommend working here. Exyreamly high employee turn over for good reason

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zajac Ranch for Children. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2Job security/advancement