YWCA
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

YWCA Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB11 reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,216 reviews

Team work and excellent atmospher to work in

I do enjoy this company. I feel like you are part of a team working together and collaborating for successful outcomes. People there are friendly and easy to get along with

Amazing company i would love to work thete again

It was an amazing company, I really enjoyed the office environment, learning opportunities and community based service delivery. There is lots of opportunities to be involved and volunteer with in the organization for the community. I definitely miss it there, reason I left was due to my husband being transferred with work.

Pros

Loved the flexible schedule that worked around clients schedules.

Cons

Right downtown and no staff parking available.

Insights into YWCA

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Absolutely love it!

I was hired as a Curriculum Developer through the Summer Jobs program (aimed towards students or younger Canadian citizens) for a two-month term. This was a newer position, with a newly developed department, so I had a very small team of two co-workers. They were absolutely great and really treated this as a learning opportunity while also giving me lots of independence over my projects. My position was 100% remote due to COVID but during my time in the office, the staff were incredibly nice and I could tell it was a very collaborative environment. Overall it was a very useful learning experience and the staff were very supportive when I needed assistance or just to get an extra pair of eyes on my work. I would strongly recommend getting a position here!

Pros

Amazing work environment, friendly and helpful co-workers, very collaborative

Cons

Remote work due to COVID

Would recommend

Very good staff. Treated well paid a good amount for the work that needs to be done. Management is great very understanding and treats staff well. I would recommend working for this company.

Very good ex3

Very good experience . Flexible job hours in this part time job. Easy to manage. Collaborative and supportive environment. Can be done part time with another full time job

Management gives you a lot of autonomy and independence to make decisions

I love working for the company. Once you prove yourself capable, they give a lot of freedom and autonomy to try something new so long as it is within the company's standard policy and procedure.

A job that is out of the ordinary

It is hard to describe a typical day at work because one day can be very predictable and then comes the days where nothing in your job gets done because you are helping someone else. A very team oriented workplace culture where everyone is helping everyone else. I learned so much at the YWCA Edmonton. How to work with people, how to be flexible, as well as the technical, skills development. The hardest part of the job is the workload, which can be heavy at the management level. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and that your work will be valued by both your peers and the community at large. If you want to work at a place where you can make a difference this is the best.

great place to work !

great place to work everyone works to support each tea member you are never alone. very flexible with the hours, they advocate for their employees in so many ways.

Pros

fun

Cons

N/a

not aot of support

little contact with supervisor not kept in the loop of whats happening with client appearances matter more than client welfare paperwork is very important no contact with other staff

Pros

meet interesting people

Cons

low pay

ywca

it was a very different job worked with children and adults with debilities it was a very new experience and i learned a lot from it the hours are flexible it worked well with school and a second job over all and amazing experience

fun work place

I enjoyed working with children and being able to take classes and learn new skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YWCA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement