Yummy Market Inc.

Yummy Market Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews

Stressful, terribly managed

Pick another grocery store. This is not the one you want to work at. High paced, always over stocked with product with no where to put it. Terrible management, pay is mediocre at best.

Pros

Cons

Working here.

horrible

other jobs would give you a 15 min break if you work 4 hours or a 30 min break if you worked for more, here you dont get a break unless you work 10 hours or more which is insane. if you dont speak russian, good luck. customers are super entitled and will get upset if you dont speak their language.

Insights into Yummy Market Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment

Hated it

My first paycheque bounced and my bank said it’s because they have insufficient funds to pay me. Super unprofessional. Customers are rude and don’t acknowledge your existence if you don’t speak their language. Management looks for reasons to pick on u.

Its fine if you speak russian

Customers will speak to you in Russian and demand to speak to someone else if you don't understand it, there are 10 hour shifts with only 30 minute breaks. I'll say it again : if you work 6 hours you get a 30 minute break, if you work 8 hours you only get a 30 minute break, if you work 10 hours, you only get 1 30 minute break. The customer service representatives were always annoyed that I was getting my paycheck, and on multiple occasions they acted like they didn't have it, and wouldn't give it to me until I brought over my manager from my department.

Pros

If you speak russian youre golden

Cons

Long hours, little breaks, discrimination, and petty coworkers

Rude managment, very rare you can find an english spoken csshier

It seems you are working in Russia, No good benefits, poor management, long hours, no friendly environment. Work hereof you can not find job maneuver else

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Not a good pay, terrible environment

Yummy market

I worked at the Mackenzie Branch last year. My colleagues were not friendly and did not help me as a new employee. The manager part of the deli instead of helping me was leaving at 4pm !!!!

Great opportunity for everyone!

I was with the company for 5 years and I can tell you - if you want to grow as a professional in a retail business GO for it! I am grateful to the company for all the experience I received working there. In my opinion, Yummy Market is #1 Work Opportunity!

Basic Grocery Store

Good place to start you working experience. A lot of people working here are newcomers from Russian-speaking countries. Not the place to stay long. No appreciation from management for long hours or extra shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yummy Market Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement