YUKON COLLEGE

YUKON COLLEGE Employee Reviews

loved the work

communications with in workers are poor. great benefits long hours with no extra pay work on salary. not much support when issues arise love the work working with the community members

Pros

great benefits

Cons

no support from HR when problems arise

Amazing place to work. Great people and benefits, and good opportunities for growth and professional development. Working there you know you’re making a difference in the community.

Stay away

The senior executive team, including the current president, is horribly nepotistic and punitive. I had very little support throughout my tenure, but we were constantly micromanaged.

Excellent

Yukon College gives northerners a wonderful opportunity to teach and learn in a collegial setting. It is well-equipped and offers education in a wide range of disciplines.

Toxic work culture

It's a small-town college trying to be a big city university, but there's one or two individuals at the top that create a toxic and bullying kind of work culture for staff under them. Especially if you are an instructor, depending on your boss, you can end up with every little support or direction. Approach with caution, especially anything to do with FNI.

Cons

Toxic Bosses

Collabrative and Enthusiastic workplace

Working at Yukon college was a great and unique experience. The best part about the job was going to remote locations and learning about different first nations communities. The workplace was always full of new challenges but by having a support team we were able to handle any problem we faced.

Mismanaged and nepotistic

It's a small institution, but mismanaged so it's hard to be a responsible and decent employee. Upper management sucks. Worst I've worked for. Pros: decent wages and benefits. Cons: soul sucking. If you like banging your head against a wall - this is the place for you.

Nice friendly atmosphere

A typical day is assisting Co-workers, Students and Occupants accomplish their tasks or give direction for their needs, Everyday we learn something new about the school history or course on how to approach people. the hardest part of the job is when exams are going on - Students and staff get stressed and a lot of anxiety going around, the most enjoyable is helping students with information they need to succeed,

Pros

courses you are interested are free up to 2500.00 paid per year

Cons

not enough hours

Encouraging and supportive

At Yukon College, everyone works as a team; even those who are far more superior will humble themselves to facilitate team work. The working culture is welcoming and supportive.

Horrible upper management

Worked here as a security guard and found it one of the worst places I've ever worked. Pay was good, but the senior management constantly micromanaged you and questioned your judgment. Lots of security problems on campus but they didn't like to admit it. You were put in a situation where you needed to call for police assistance, but, if you did, you were criticized for bringing in outside authorities because they wanted to deal with everything "in house."

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Unpleasant and oppressive senior management

This was a great stepping stone for me. I learned how to teach, be more confident. My co-workers treated me fairly and equally. Hardest part of my job was learning to deal with conflict. Most enjoyable part of my job was influencing how people thought in a positive way.

a very good place to work

Lots of variety in the job. A good amount of autonomy. Good co-workers, very supportive.

Productive and fun work place

• Responsible for opening and closing of computer labs.• Assist students with troubleshooting.• Maintain and troubleshoot networked computers and printers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YUKON COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement