Youth Opportunities Unlimited

Youth Opportunities Unlimited Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Great culture, flexible and wonderful learning opportunities on the job. Not many opportunities to advance and the salary is too low to live off of for long.
Having a placement at youth opportunities unlimited at the cafe was an experience but wasn’t for me. It was very fast paced in The kitchen. Very stressful.
Unfriendly people. management cares about themselves. people don't speak to you in the hallways, but expect you to have lunch with them every single day.
Seeing youth being helped was very inspiring to me Many youth are helped and truly are welcomed Nobody was left out and all were helped to better themselves
good experience to meet new people within the comunity and to establish server skills.
Pros
free food?
Cons
idk
Working as a Finance Assistant over the summer was a good learning experience as it was my first "real" accounting related job. I learned how to input sales invoices on SAGE software and work on cheque req's. Overall, the manager was helpful and encouraging and work enviornment was casual and laid back.
If your entering the job market, but without any special training, the Y.O.U. can provide with practical experience in the field. If you have any question or concern, you'll find that the kitchen staff is always ready to help the new recruits.
Pros
Workplace culture is enjoyable.
Cons
Long hours.
Great customer service.
Great with time balance.

Friendly environment

Works one on one with individuals.

Always reliable

Plenty of resources on site
Pros
Order in lunch
Cons
Loud environment
Responsible for the daily product pickups and deliveries at varying locations. Trained new employees to safely complete set goals in the work environment.
This was a job training program that no longer exists so this is pretty pointless, Youth opportunities unlimited overall is a great organization. YEA BOIIIIIIIIIII
Entire company is fabulous. Very focused around bettering youth in the community.Very understanding of all situations in life and work with you towards advancement.
Pros
Discounted Lunch
I obtained a lot of experience during my time as a placement student. Loved working there.

A lot of homeless youth with mental health illnesses and criminal charges.

Great experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hours
This job was easily enjoyable with nonstop fun, excitement, and adventure.
A typical day would consist of making dance routines, practicing, and performing them to a wide variety of the London community!
Because of my Personal appearance ( Weight) I was constantly Judge and made fun of, but I was Happy to have been given the opportunity to get Work Experience.
Youth Opportunities is a friendly, caring place where all are treated with respect. We provide youth with support and resources they need to achieve their goals. YOU is helping youth with employment, education and basic needs. I am over 21 years with the company and love being here, I will retired in two years and looking for a casual employment.
they help you find a job and until you have one you work at a recycling plant. I learned how to act and proper skills you need when looking for a job. This also gives experience.
Pros
they help you find a job
I learned how to bail, use a pump truck, shipping and receiving, recycle, tie off bails,co workers are amazing so is the management, most enjoyable thing is seeing everyone
Pros
had a bbq lunch
Cons
have to work with recycling but in the end all good
I had a great time working with a different group of youth in a different environment that I am use to. But it was great meeting the staff and youth that access the Youth Action Center.

I learned a lot and working here allowed me to decide on what I want to do after I graduate.
Pros
Breaks and Lunch
Cons
The most enjoyable part of my job is to help the youth in the building find themselves, and get them in a comfortable, safe environment.
Pros
Living where I work.
Cons
Living where I work
I had a lot of fun working for this organization, but after a few years when career goals start to take precedence, they become a very undesirable organization that does little to appreciate their employees. The trend seems consistent throughout, as everyone who has been there has thoroughly enjoyed being there, but with what seems to be an average 2-3 year retention rate, it's clear there's no reason to stay beyond the experience.

Compared to other organizations doing the same work, they pay quite poorly by a 10-15k per year difference.

If advancement opportunities arise, they do not look to hire from within. This is a great place to work for the opportunity you'd like to apply for, and nothing more. At the very least, you will enjoy your time there. It just won't be for long.
Pros
Fun staff; fun clientele; consistent hours; good work/life balance
Cons
Absolutely terrible pay when compared to the rest of the employment industry, A conscious desire to hire from without for advancement opportunities
good coworkers and managers, great place to work,some dangerous, pretty easy.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Opportunities Unlimited. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3