Great Cause; Very Poorly Managed
Revenue Development & Communications Department (Former Employee) – Edmonton, AB – 20 July 2016
- no job security; always talks of layoffs, and "restructuring"
- double standard from leaders and supervisors; rules only apply to some people
- mismanaged funds
- mistrust of management, many staff regularly question management's decisions
- no accountability; management often create new positions for their friends and family members.
- no teambuilding; managers put very little effort into making YESS a positive and happy work environment.
- poor communication between departments
- all staff are overworked, under appreciated
- high turnover, because people burn out
- low pay, no raises
- very little opportunity to advance or learn
- job training opportunities are not provided for admin/fundraising/HR/communications staff
- management doesn't value staff
- Revenue Department manager lives in Kamloops, BC so communication and getting support is tough
- some staff have the opportunity to work from home
- great coworkers
- daily staff lunch for $10/week
- access to agency vehicles for personal use when needed
- employer paid health benefits
- staff sale after Christmas where you can buy donated items, like toiletries, that the agency doesn't have room to store, for extremely cheap
Being part of making a difference, paid benefits
Low pay, employees are not valued