Your Neighbourhood Credit Union

Your Neighbourhood Credit Union Work-life balance reviews

Canada16 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Friendly culture with coworkers genuinely interested in helping you

YNCU is a fabulous place to work! Right from the get go, the team welcomed me and brought me into the circle. Friendly, professional with sincere comradery. This is obvious at both the branches and corporate. Most of all, I have always felt that I had the freedom to speak up without retribution, that my ideas and suggestions were welcome and that it was easy to establish myself as a respected professional.

Pros

team lunches, flexible work-life balance, flexible work from home or office

Think twice

The leadership team of this company is very poor and operates from a position of control, centralization of decision making and self-interest. This company fails to embrace the values normally associated with success in the 21st century: customer service, a focus on excellence, empowerment of employees and rapid decision making. The compensation levels are above industry average and the job demands are below industry average. This company attracts and retains mediocrity and rewards obedience. I do not recommend this company to honest, ambitious individuals looking to build a career.

Pros

low expectations

Cons

lack of advancement, empowerment or any decision making

Professional and positive work culture

The management and my co-workers form a positive work culture - backstabbing and negativity do not exist. The company doesn't just talk about work-life balance, they live it. The company runs employee contests throughout the year. They provide professional training in your area if you require it. There is also an opportunity to earn a bonus every year. I'm glad that I work here.

Pros

yearly bonus, excellent work-life balance, ethical management, excellent CEO

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

The nicest group of people that I have ever worked with

Setup Oracle environment for new banking platform I learned that you when a company treats employees with trust and respect, the employee is more productive, more willing to take initiatives and work hard to earn that trust. Coworkers are the nicest group of people to work with. Just like any other work place, the people define the environment. The hardest part of the job is to ensure that I exceed expectation but it is also the easy part because I wanted to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that surrounded me, who give me the space to think freely to find the best solution for the task at hand

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Your Neighbourhood Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement