Your Neighbourhood Credit Union

Insights into Your Neighbourhood Credit Union

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things

Not much room for advancement for long term a good place to work full time for benefits, union and pay but part time isn't very good. Most of the staff is nice and team driven

Pros

A job that pays over minimal wage

Cons

Boring at times being teller

Friendly culture with coworkers genuinely interested in helping you

YNCU is a fabulous place to work! Right from the get go, the team welcomed me and brought me into the circle. Friendly, professional with sincere comradery. This is obvious at both the branches and corporate. Most of all, I have always felt that I had the freedom to speak up without retribution, that my ideas and suggestions were welcome and that it was easy to establish myself as a respected professional.

Pros

team lunches, flexible work-life balance, flexible work from home or office

YNCU is a great place to work. Excellent benefits, salary and vacation. Great experience, bonus structure and chance for promotion. Definitely a good Credit Union to work for.

Everyone's Abandoning the Sinking Ship

Senior Management is an absolute joke, They seem to pick up the management book du jour from the top seller list, and attempt to pass off the wisdom as their own. Prime example would be the costly Re-Branding for a Brand that has zero clout in the market. Several middle management leaders have left the organization in the last 2-3 months and this is clearly due to the lack of competency from higher up. Don't expect a promotion, the organization fails to invest in training and development, and would rather hire externally for Senior Positions. A strategy that has resulted in several exits from the organization for staff that fail to deliver. I could go on....

Think twice

The leadership team of this company is very poor and operates from a position of control, centralization of decision making and self-interest. This company fails to embrace the values normally associated with success in the 21st century: customer service, a focus on excellence, empowerment of employees and rapid decision making. The compensation levels are above industry average and the job demands are below industry average. This company attracts and retains mediocrity and rewards obedience. I do not recommend this company to honest, ambitious individuals looking to build a career.

Pros

low expectations

Cons

lack of advancement, empowerment or any decision making

Stable work environment

Lots of opportunities to work with the public and develop mutually beneficial relationships between customers and co worker. Much opportunity for full time work and skill development.

Professional and positive work culture

The management and my co-workers form a positive work culture - backstabbing and negativity do not exist. The company doesn't just talk about work-life balance, they live it. The company runs employee contests throughout the year. They provide professional training in your area if you require it. There is also an opportunity to earn a bonus every year. I'm glad that I work here.

Pros

yearly bonus, excellent work-life balance, ethical management, excellent CEO

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

A freindly environment

Great place to work and learn and grow with members. All aspects of a bank but community owned.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Your Neighbourhood Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9