Your Independent Grocer

Your Independent Grocer Employee Reviews

Very friendly staff, always willing to help. Store was cleaned constantly and shelves were always stocked. Store made food was always good. If there were issues the manager was there to help and fix
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Owner sucks almost all management sucks. Very toxic place to work and they don’t pay you properly! :( every department is a sh¡t show and it’s very hard to get support from management.
Cons
Working here is like getting stuck in a blackhole you will be too stressed out with the management and customers alike to have time to find another job to get out of this one with, its ridiculous and will seriously damage your mental health and on top of that the pay is poor and they find loopholes to pay less than minimum wage as well as pay the union 30 percent of your yearly pay.
Pros
Cons
everything
The job is very flexible and caters to you. You are able to work a lot and is very good entry level job for people fresh out of high school or starting summer.
The gang are very super and you can request certain days off as needed. I only left because I was bumped from customer service manager full time with good pay three days before probation put to part time and non-manager as owner though I could not handle the pc online ordering even though I had never bee shown. I did a great job replacing my manager on cashier responsibilities while she was off and the staff loved me out there as I was pitching in everywhere needed.
Pros
Cons
not long enouh
I had never been a produce colleague but expected my previous success as a manager would work along with training from the owner, however I did not receive any training at all in the entire time I was employed, after begging for it for month and not getting anywhere I left for a different YIG which provided a month of training as well as weekly check-ins, would not recommend this location.
Your Independent Grocer was one of the best job experiences of my life. I learned so much from so many people, and I'll use that for the rest of my life. There can be times where management can get on your nerves as you're getting mixed messages from different managers (that may have just been me though being in a secondary managerial position myself), but don't let that deter you from the fact that it is a great environment to work in!
The "team" was not friendly and that alone made it not a good environment to be around. The worst part of the job was working in the deep fryer section. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
I really enjoyed my time at the store. People were really friendly and took me in. It was a fast moving work place but still very enjoyable. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job.
If this is your first job, I think Your Independent Grocer would be a good place to start. Personally, I would suggest to go for the merchandise Department as it seems like a calm and valuable department than others.
Highly recommended for someone who is just beginning in the work place. Hours may not be the best for an adult who is living on their own however, perhaps a 2nd job is required for that.
The management at the Your Independent Grocer that I worked at slacked. There was a lot of things that could of been done and handled a lot differently. For myself I stepped and went out of my way to do more then what a cashier was required to do so credibility was not there but it was a great learning experience that's for sure.
The company is offering medical benefits and salary increase every year to their workers. It is really a productive and fun work place, I was cleaning or repairing everyday.
*When I first got into my work i start breaking down pallates *If the floor needs to be worked on, i start putting out stuff. *My manager leave a task list if he is not around. * I scrap out bad stuff before i end my shift
It was a good initial step into the work field. The best part of the job was experiencing a development in friendly relationships with the people in the job environment.
Was usually busiest from noon until dinner time. I learned to be punctual and relaxed. Management was strict at times and scheduling often became confusing and some employees lost hours or had odd shifts. The hardest part was dealing with hard to please customers, but a select few extremely polite customers would always make up for them by cracking a joke or giving you compliments on your work. Good part time job that anyone can handle.
Pros
Sometimes there were food and drink in the break room for the staff to enjoy
Cons
Some strict management
My typical day of work was a busy day. What I learned from my workplace is that I know how to understand customers better and how to make my shifts fun.
Provided premier customer service, including greeting customers and responding to their questions. Followed all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and regulatory agencies. Selected and packaged products ordered by customers. Filled, maintained and rotated products and displays. Assisted in other duties as assigned.
Working at Independent was a fun experience, but it got a little bit to repetative and eventually got unsafe for me because of certain coworkers there.
Pros
multiple coffee breaks
Cons
poor management and co-workers
There is some people employed there who make the workload very stressful. Management is constantly changing and are not very understanding. It is also owned by the co-op, I don't ever recommend working for them. They do not care about their employees when it comes to workplace harassment.
Pros
Some of the regular customers are awesome
Cons
Owned by the co-op
While working for Your Independent Grocer, i learned so much in terms of customer relations and retail work. Genuinely, a day's work is around 4 to 6 hours, which is perfect for a part time position. Great for those looking for a first job.