Your Dollar Store With More
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Your Dollar Store With More Employee Reviews

Fun place to work

Good management until the owners closed the store, fun and challenging at times. Good staff, had good Christmas parties. Small store so it wasn’t overwhelming when it came time to redo the seasonal wall

Fun place to work. The owner is very nice.

Fun place to work, Flexible time and the owner is very nice as well as co worker. No stress kind job. Co workers are very friendly and time runs so fast because your busy stocking your own aisles.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Non

Just about job

No one care about there employeesNo proper breaks Too many boss never sure which one to listen to No increase in wages We were to be a team but lots if favoritism

Pros

Get requested days off

Cons

Ownership doesn't care about employees

Fun, interesting and a lot to learn.

Working in this retail store is fun and a lot of interesting stuff always coming. One thing that make us stay the owner is a great man. We always have balloons and it gives you joy and a smile on your face. I missed working in this environment cause it's a different kind of dollar store.

Merchandiser

Pros - good starting job - good working environment - good as survival job Cons -underpaid for job responsibilities -no benefits and wage increase -no career growth and development -train yourself -stressful

Was promising and fun at first, enjoyed customer service but overall somehow felt being forced to work like a family member.

Work place for starters. Variety of product line provides a handful of training when it comes to product sorting, stacking, in way, almost like a warehouse experience. Recommend for those who are just starting to work or looking for a part time job.

Good First Job

A good first job for anyone that wants to start working. Don't expect a great hourly wage, break room is very small, storage is dusty and dirty. Management and people are nice.

How my boss/landlord didn't even pay me enough to pay rent

in the months that i worked here my boss was also my landlord she knew my rent and bill costs but still complained when i was late on rent despite $300 going towards bills and food leaving me with about $100 under my rent cost but with that i need electricity and food all it would have taken was getting a 4th day on my schedule

Fast paced and there's always something to do

Your Dollar Store With More is an excellent place to work. The staff are friendly and management looks after their employees. I would recommend looking into this if you're looking for a job.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Hard work

very stressful job with a little opportunity to learn

The environment was okay but the job was stressful. One of my coworkers was not treated well and was unnecessary work. Rude comments were spoken to me.

Management was Psycho

Owners were often not able to pay the pop and chip people and I was always scared that I was gonna loose my job due to closure. the owners made us jack the prices up 3X the normal cost.

Pros

20% off all merchandise

Cons

management would watch the security cameras often then would call and yell, felt like an invasion of privacy.

Store closed

Store has closed, lack of customers, minimum wage went up and other stores in the mall closing. The franchise its self is not helpful for new stores and not available for inquiries

Great place to work at

Everyday, I would arrive, put my work clothes on, and get started right away. I would stock the shelves for about 3 hours, and for the remaining time, I would sweep and mop the floors, and then go home.

Good for a student.

Not a great job for someone other than a student. It was a lot of work and did not pay well. There was little to no room to grow and the work place culture was a little depressing,

Work environment is really good. Cooperative employees and managers as well

- YDSM provides a flexible work schedule, - Lunch break of 30 minutes, - Casual dress code of work Benefits: - Vacation pay, - Long weekend holidays.

Great team spirit

They all work together with team spirit and every employee is very hard working. Everyone is treated equally. I love to work there. Its a big store in canada.

A great place to work, learn about the retail operations and get to meet people, too.

After four years of working at the Dollar Store with More, I still am enjoying the retail business from interacting to helping our customers to find and select a product that they want to buy. From my experience, I can say no two days are the same in this line of work. Some days can be challenging but other times it's so bad at all. Nevertheless, we all strive to work hard, to do better, and also to do our best to provide the customer with a great shopping experience.

Lots of stuff to buy

This store is bsy in downtown especially the patry section , ill learn to making balloons party’s ill do display the stock , checking the delivery stuff work on the aille area do cashiers work., also to learning to communication to the customer .

Pros

Cons

No overtime if you exist the time no payment

Enjoyable place

It was a slower paced place than I was used too. It was standard work. The only issue was that there was not enough staff, so if you were to call in sick, you'd have to find someone to cover you or risk having to go in regardless.

Pros

friendly staff and management

Cons

could not really call in sick when genuinely sick because of short staff

Overall a good place to work

I enjoyed my time working with who I worked with and the job overall was good. The staff were friendly enough although the managers of these places I found to be stressed about many aspects and for that I probably would never want the position of manager or even assistant manager but as a worker I found I was OK

Pros

people were nice

Cons

not consistent work

Excellent work family and manager

The manager that worked there when I was there was very accommodating. I was pregnant and had appointment and some things that I physically could not do. I caught on to the cash aspect quickly and the managers attention to cleanliness rubbed off on me very quick. Staff was generally happy so it made for a great work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Your Dollar Store With More. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement