Your Dollar Store With More

Your Dollar Store With More Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
Work place for starters. Variety of product line provides a handful of training when it comes to product sorting, stacking, in way, almost like a warehouse experience. Recommend for those who are just starting to work or looking for a part time job.
Working in this retail store is fun and a lot of interesting stuff always coming. One thing that make us stay the owner is a great man. We always have balloons and it gives you joy and a smile on your face. I missed working in this environment cause it's a different kind of dollar store.
Pros
- good starting job

- good working environment

- good as survival job

Cons

-underpaid for job responsibilities

-no benefits and wage increase

-no career growth and development

-train yourself

-stressful
A good first job for anyone that wants to start working. Don't expect a great hourly wage, break room is very small, storage is dusty and dirty. Management and people are nice.
in the months that i worked here my boss was also my landlord she knew my rent and bill costs but still complained when i was late on rent despite $300 going towards bills and food leaving me with about $100 under my rent cost but with that i need electricity and food all it would have taken was getting a 4th day on my schedule
Your Dollar Store With More is an excellent place to work. The staff are friendly and management looks after their employees. I would recommend looking into this if you're looking for a job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Hard work
The environment was okay but the job was stressful. One of my coworkers was not treated well and was unnecessary work. Rude comments were spoken to me.
Owners were often not able to pay the pop and chip people and I was always scared that I was gonna loose my job due to closure. the owners made us jack the prices up 3X the normal cost.
Pros
20% off all merchandise
Cons
management would watch the security cameras often then would call and yell, felt like an invasion of privacy.
Store has closed, lack of customers, minimum wage went up and other stores in the mall closing. The franchise its self is not helpful for new stores and not available for inquiries
Everyday, I would arrive, put my work clothes on, and get started right away. I would stock the shelves for about 3 hours, and for the remaining time, I would sweep and mop the floors, and then go home.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Your Dollar Store With More?
Not a great job for someone other than a student. It was a lot of work and did not pay well. There was little to no room to grow and the work place culture was a little depressing,
- YDSM provides a flexible work schedule,
- Lunch break of 30 minutes,

- Casual dress code of work

Benefits:

- Vacation pay,

- Long weekend holidays.
They all work together with team spirit and every employee is very hard working.
Everyone is treated equally. I love to work there. Its a big store in canada.
After four years of working at the
Dollar Store with More, I still am enjoying the retail business from interacting to helping our customers to find and select a product that they want to buy. From my experience, I can say no two days are the same in this line of work. Some days can be challenging but other times it's so bad at all. Nevertheless, we all strive to work hard, to do better, and also to do our best to provide the customer with a great shopping experience.
The location of the store is fine but the area in the back is so cramped, nasty and we have to share the bathroom as our collective lockers. It was sickening, I couldn't bring my lunch bag anymore and the issue with my scheduling made me quit this job.

I might return if they worked on that cramped back work area. It was something else.
Pros
Hours of job ended by 9 most nights
Cons
crammed locker and work space
This store is bsy in downtown especially the patry section , ill learn to making balloons party’s ill do display the stock , checking the delivery stuff work on the aille area do cashiers work., also to learning to communication to the customer .
Pros
Cons
No overtime if you exist the time no payment
It was a slower paced place than I was used too. It was standard work. The only issue was that there was not enough staff, so if you were to call in sick, you'd have to find someone to cover you or risk having to go in regardless.
Pros
friendly staff and management
Cons
could not really call in sick when genuinely sick because of short staff
I enjoyed my time working with who I worked with and the job overall was good. The staff were friendly enough although the managers of these places I found to be stressed about many aspects and for that I probably would never want the position of manager or even assistant manager but as a worker I found I was OK
Pros
people were nice
Cons
not consistent work
The manager that worked there when I was there was very accommodating. I was pregnant and had appointment and some things that I physically could not do. I caught on to the cash aspect quickly and the managers attention to cleanliness rubbed off on me very quick. Staff was generally happy so it made for a great work environment.
It has been fun as I had never worked in retail before and have enjoyed it greatly. The customers make it an enjoyable job. I don't mind working the afternoon shift or weekends as long as I can get the odd day shift or weekend off.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Friendliest coworkers you'll ever meet, nicest boss, always a fun time going to work. Always meeting new customers it's a great work experience. By far my most favourite job.
Pros
Good coworkers