Young Rembrandts

Young Rembrandts Culture reviews

Clear

What is the best part of working at the company?camaraderie w/other teachers and enjoyment of working with elementary age studentsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?being allowed to work in a clean, quiet classroomWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?friendly and professional

Fun job

I love working for Young Rembrandts. Management is great and supportive. You receive everything you need to be a successful art teacher. Fantastic team.

Pros

Great management, fun coworkers, room for advancement, working with kids

Cons

Small amount of hours

Insights into Young Rembrandts

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Excellent work/life balance

This company is extremely flexible with work schedule and time off. The company is managed by individuals that understand the importance of being a working parent, while being home when your kids return from school. Everyone is very easy to talk to. Great culture and care for employees.

Pros

Excellent culture, flexible schedule, time off

Cons

No benefits

Part-time Art Instructor

I have been with Young Rembrandts for about 8 years. In the beginning they provided training for class management and how to teach the classes the way they wanted them taught. They provided me with all the materials and supplies needed for each class and each student. Through monthly meetings supplies are refilled and new lessons are provided. The amount a teacher can work is between the company and the individual. They have worked with me to have a balanced schedule. All classes are based on the school or location's time. It is a set schedule. The workplace culture is a school. You as a teacher are in a school with children. The children all have different abilities and different interest levels. The most important part is that they want to be in your classroom learning how to draw and have fun. A school environment is typically fluid, there are constant changes. The hardest part of the job is managing 30 kids after school on a Friday before a break. There are times when classes are tougher than others. (Management is there to help and strategize for success.) The best part is forming relationships with the students and their parents and seeing the evolution of the children. I love to see them learn a new technique, approach, changing, excitement, passion. I have found management to be very giving, accommodating, supportive. Management is always trying to make the company better and that includes helping us be better teachers. They are always an email, phone call or text away for the teachers. I have learned that I love teaching these classes. -

Fun work place

Place was fun , organized and really well pay.huhewuhfhesrgjeisgjriewjrgfhjlw3rengfjnesfdvn,msdnfjvsnejrgfnjesnrvd,n m,dxfnmvs,dfnejsdjnvsdfnjknvsekjfnksdngklneskl

I love working at Young Rembrandts

It’s great working here, the culture of this company is great. I wish I had more hours that was my down part but it was fun and enjoyed the program it was easy to follow and great support from management. I recommend it if you are looking for a fun part time job!

Lame job, bad management

This was just not a great place to work. The management was wishy-washy... They would place you at schools and in programs that had little attendance and then cancel the course. They sometimes forget to pay you. Would not reccomend. It's just not worth the time or all the traveling to get there.

Pros

part-time

Cons

poorly managed

Excellent, but must be supplemented with other work

Excellent work environment, great classes, however for the great pay, there are generally very few classes available to be scheduled for, so it cannot be seen as a sole source of income.

Pros

Great staff, fun material, great resources

Cons

Few work hours

Excelencia

Mis dias de trabajo son muy agradables, ya que yo trabajo a mi tiempo cumpliendo cabalmente con las fechas. Mi Jefe es agradable y paciente a la hora de explicar. Disfruto mucho trabajar asi.

A fun way to end the day

I enjoy teaching art to children and this allows me weekly to do that. I do have another job but it is nice to end the day with a 1hr and a half class. I love seeing what children create and I love being able to draw along with them. The workplace culture is more relaxed and fun. There are standards to follow, but if those are adequately followed its overall a wonderful experience. I am lucky to be working under an excellent supervisor who is helpful, kind and supportive. The hardest part of the job would probably be classroom misbehavior management in a very short time frame. Overall though my experience with Young Rembrandts has been a positive one.

Pros

Excellent supervisor

Cons

short time frame, Classroom Management

Great company

I would recommend this job to anyone who loves to teach children and has a passion for drawing. It's face-paced and fun! The owners and nice and encouraging- always available to help and provide great training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Young Rembrandts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement