You Move Me

You Move Me Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
I had a lot of fun working here, lots of work moving heavy random things, but a good workout while you work and you sleep really well at night, you just can’t plan anything on days you work, sometimes it’s a long day
Awesome team and evironment, many prices were given out.

Day to day:

Take inbound and make outbound calls, Help franchises excel in sales for them and be a good agent
Great team of guys to work with and even better manager. He is fair and takes the time to get to know his team! Lots of long hard days but they fo by fast!
Since joining YouMoveMe I have been presented with plenty of opportunity to collaborate and become a subject matter expert. The team is eager to work together in order to see overall company success, this is highly motivating!
I have worked for You Move me for almost 2 years! Best place to work hands down. Management really cares about their employees.
It's a fast pace business so the time really fly's. We have lots of fun events .
Friendly people, lots of opportunity for advancement, transparent work environment. CEO is open to employees' opinions/thoughts. Great opportunity to make a difference in people's lives.
Friendly crew and employer, learned a lot about leadership, responsibility and management. Have explored half of Vancouver Island thanks to this job and still exploring!
i drove 18-26 ft trucks and conducted moves on a near daily basis ,working for this company has been a great experience. i had to leave based off of distance from my house but would recommend others.
This is the best and most professional moving company in BC. The people they hire are ones that stay for a long time. Work isn't always guaranteed but is usually available.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at You Move Me?
-Friendly work space environment
-Good pay (Above minimum wage+tips)

-Great for gaining experience in working with a team

-Excellent summer work for students

-Intuitive training

-Easy to relay your availability to management

-Need to be comfortable with heavy lifting and being on your feet for extended periods of time

-Need to have attention to detail and to be proactive

-Shift lengths will vary
Great environment, I found it to be a productive workplace with encouraging management. The hardest part of the day is saying no to free coffee. Most enjoyable, the people you work!
I spent the summer of 2019 working for you move me. I had a great time working for the company and would recommend working for this company. The work environment is great
This moving company is seasonal. I would only recommend working during the summer. The managers are forgiving and leaneant, which is both good and bad. I would have liked for them to have been a bit more stern on poor performance from their workers to keep them in line, thus increasing performance and customer satisfaction. Aside from that as long as your working the busy season they offer a good amount of weekly hours. Well over fourty hours a week
Being called for an interview and sounding like it's a strong possibility of being hired, then being told two days later on the day of the interview that they no longer are going to call is complete absolute disregard for me! Never should have promised a phone call when you know I am looking for work is not fair to my psyche! Do not work for them!!!!
Great place to work with tons of room for growing in the company. I worked for you move me Vancouver island for 3 years, I started as a part time mover and worked up to operations manager. Not only was this an amazing job but it set me up for success in my current/ future jobs. I moved to Calgary and my managers help me move/ get a new job. As long as you can work hard and have good customer service skills you will excel in the company.
Pros
Staff, managment, clients
Cons
Long hours, hard work
Was a great experience, I was able to see the company grow, and the team I worked with was amazing. They provided you with a safe & fun working Environment that allowed me to develop my sales experience, as well as gave me further knowledge of a sales area I had yet explored.
Working for You Move Me has been a great experience. I have learned so much in regards to collaboration and team work. Working with franchise partners and clients can be challenging at times but it always works out when you have a great team to back you up.

Management is great they really care about each person on a personal and professional level to hit all types of goals. It has been very refreshing to see a business treat their employees with much respect. I would definitely recommend other great people to work for this company.
As one of the best Crew Leads for this franchise, from the beginning as i rose to become one of the prime leaders there, no matter how many times i tried to make a difference, nothing changed. Pay was always wrong, job estimates left with no notes, Managers not collecting money, estimates missed by a long shot and i mean long shot, lack of respect for the workers who helped accrue all their wealth, made one almost feel like an animal. Negated the feelings of those who needed help, used people as if they were, almost slaves to be quite brusque. The workes there all need to be somewhere where they are loved, adorned with respect and taken care of instead of abandoned and left to be injured and depressed. If anyone wants to improve their mental health then with a full heart i tell you this, find a place where they appreciate you for your work, pay you on time and respect you as a human being . Live your best life by avoiding the negativity this place brings. I could not be more emphatic about how morose this place is. Dysphoria will surround your soul if you come here. I hope they change and i hope these comments become irrelevant, but if not, beware and steer clear.
Pros
There are none
Cons
There are too many.
Lots of fun young people to work with. We do an excellent job so customers are very pleasant most of the time. Only annoying thing is hours are a little crazy as it depends on what jobs are available.
I've worked at You Move Me for over a year now and have had a great experience. I started out as a mover and worked my way into an office position. It's pretty easy to go from being a mover to being a crew leader if you're willing to learn and put in the work. The pay is fair with potential extra benefits, but end times are often unknown and can run pretty late if jobs are bigger than expected. If you need a flexible schedule and aren't opposed to some longer days, it's definitely the place for you.
Pros
Great people, great experience
Cons
Some long days
Loved providing new and previous clients with the best customer service before the actually move experience.
Providing clients with accurate estimate depending on he information they Hve provided.

Also responsible for making sure clients have all supplies if not offer the moving supplies we have too help make there move a better experience.
Pros
Free lunches, bbqs, fun Friday’s.
Cons
Employee gossip, not enough incentives