You Move Me Employee Reviews

Loved the enviorment
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2019
Was a great experience, I was able to see the company grow, and the team I worked with was amazing. They provided you with a safe & fun working Environment that allowed me to develop my sales experience, as well as gave me further knowledge of a sales area I had yet explored.
Fun and exciting place to work!
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2019
Working for You Move Me has been a great experience. I have learned so much in regards to collaboration and team work. Working with franchise partners and clients can be challenging at times but it always works out when you have a great team to back you up.

Management is great they really care about each person on a personal and professional level to hit all types of goals. It has been very refreshing to see a business treat their employees with much respect. I would definitely recommend other great people to work for this company.
Reflection
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
As one of the best Crew Leads for this franchise, from the beginning as i rose to become one of the prime leaders there, no matter how many times i tried to make a difference, nothing changed. Pay was always wrong, job estimates left with no notes, Managers not collecting money, estimates missed by a long shot and i mean long shot, lack of respect for the workers who helped accrue all their wealth, made one almost feel like an animal. Negated the feelings of those who needed help, used people as if they were, almost slaves to be quite brusque. The workes there all need to be somewhere where they are loved, adorned with respect and taken care of instead of abandoned and left to be injured and depressed. If anyone wants to improve their mental health then with a full heart i tell you this, find a place where they appreciate you for your work, pay you on time and respect you as a human being . Live your best life by avoiding the negativity this place brings. I could not be more emphatic about how morose this place is. Dysphoria will surround your soul if you come here. I hope they change and i hope these comments become irrelevant, but if not, beware and steer clear.
Pros
There are none
Cons
There are too many.
Good Company
Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 November 2018
Lots of fun young people to work with. We do an excellent job so customers are very pleasant most of the time. Only annoying thing is hours are a little crazy as it depends on what jobs are available.
Great Atmosphere and Great Opportunities
Sales & Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 October 2018
I've worked at You Move Me for over a year now and have had a great experience. I started out as a mover and worked my way into an office position. It's pretty easy to go from being a mover to being a crew leader if you're willing to learn and put in the work. The pay is fair with potential extra benefits, but end times are often unknown and can run pretty late if jobs are bigger than expected. If you need a flexible schedule and aren't opposed to some longer days, it's definitely the place for you.
Pros
Great people, great experience
Cons
Some long days
Terrible managment, long Hours all over the place, exausting work anf lousy pay
Former employee (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 August 2018
Terrible managment, long Hours all over the place, exausting work anf lousy pay... DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU RESPECT YOURSELF!!! beware and do yourself a favor DO NOT WORK HERE!
loved it
mover and driver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 May 2018
fun to work, great guys you work with, travell somewhere new everyday for work, sometimes u make good tips.

can be exausting work sometimes, intensive labour, unknown working hours.

overall great job for young people and you will have loys of fun.
Pros
fun atmosphere to work
Cons
poor accuracy of woking shifts ( no one knows when would shift end mostly)
Moving!
Crew Leader, Driver, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 March 2018
Dont apply if you think it is going to be easy. You will be lifting furniture for the entire shift and you will need to be willing to learn or you will not last long.
Strong CAREFUL work can be unforgiving
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2018
Good work with long hours that are compensated accordingly. Work is dependant on when the next job is so start times are variable. Work is challenging and stimulating as sometimes it takes a lot of thinking to maneuver around stairs. Good communication is key when working in the team.
Great short time working place to make some money
Mover (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 February 2018
Great place to work if you want to make some cash in short time period. Work is physically demanding and has long hours, but pays off with a good paycheck and tips.
Pros
Good money in a short time period
Cons
Long work hours, heavy labour
hard work and fun
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 February 2018
everyday is different. moving from diffrent house or offices. learned to do things more simple to make it in a timely manner. management is okay. hardest part of the job is when you dont get to finish on time which makes you having to pull longer hours
Pros
free lunches
Very Enjoyable experience
Mover (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 January 2018
Work usually started early, but when I got to work my colleagues were always in a good mood. The Manager is probably the most enthusiastic boss I have worked with in a long time. If you like an active lifestyle this is the ideal job
great
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 December 2017
okay. yeah good place to works with lovely staff. Manager harold was really open minded and flexible. I will miss working for thsi company but I must move on with my life.
Good
Mover/Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 December 2017
entreprise remarquable avec des employer professionnel
Former Employee
Moving Expert and Supervisor (call center) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
This place was a joke and a half to work at for the fact that the management does not take you seriously, they literally force sales on customers and if you do not get the sale they make you feel worthless, they drink every other friday (alcohol in the office). The management are all teenagers/young adults that have no clue what they are doing and the manager of the entire site used to own a Gym up in Barrie Ontario who scammed many people by charging them after they cancelled memberships. Cant forget to mention everyone sleeps with each other
Pros
Cons
the cons are there arent any pros
Lots of potential to grow, exciting place to be
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2017
I've been working here for almost two years now. I constantly feel like I am learning something new at work with the opportunities being limitless. Any time you need advice there are a number of people you can go to that are more than willing to help. Hours might get long at times but it makes it up for it with the amount of experience you get. I have not considered to work for anyone else because I don't think anyone else can match what You Move Me has to offer.
Pros
Trusted company, good hours
Cons
Work can tend to run into days off
Great opportunity for travellers
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 March 2017
Ive worked for the business for close to a year now. Never have I worked for a company who gives back to the employees as much as this one. The management are great support and always encourage me to do well as well as involving me in big business decisions.
They do monthly incentives and the chance to make additional pay is there for the people who are looking to work hard. If you are flexible with working days this is a great opportunity.
Pros
Free breakfast, Great pay and support
Cons
Can be a long day
productive and cultural enviroment
Customer Sevice Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
-You Move Me is a great place to work, the culture is amazing you will find all kinds of ethnics, they also have a cultural potluck night where you can learn and experience different foods. 4
- You Move Me was very productive, in learning how to deal with client different kinds of personalities, also hitting our daily quota as a team better yet within ourselves to receiving end of month incentives, of even just the feeling of knowing that we have made things a little more easy on our client when it comes down to moving day.
Pros
fun fridays
Cons
repetitive
Great Company Culture
Customer Experience Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 January 2017
You Move Me is a great company to work for, they are always trying to improve their business and your ideas are always welcomed. With the company constantly progressing there is lots of room for your own professional development. There is a very tight bond between co-workers as the job is physically demanding.
Pros
Great Management and Company Culture
Cons
Shift Patterns
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 December 2016
The owner is extremely cheap and wants people who do everything with very little pay. Also Mike likes to blame employees for his own mistakes. And he constantly whines about customers to his employees, it creates bad morale.
Pros
If you are good at flattering Mike you will go far
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at You Move Me. Our community is ready to answer.