York and Chapel Design, Inc.

York and Chapel Design, Inc. Management reviews

Clear

Not a good place to advance your career

Management team are all friends from school and none of them have previous experience in an agency and it shows. Everyone is friendly, and supportive but it is not inspirational or creative.

good stepping stone for novices, not for advancing career

During my time at York & Chapel I found the work culture to be close-knit and collaborative, with friendly and talented co-workers. We were provided with perks such as free food, employee participation events (intended to boost morale), opportunities to attend conferences to expand our knowledge of the industry, as well as the promise of generous learning opportunities through an education fund. However, of considerable disappointment was management’s structure and style, which failed to support employees in important ways. The owner of the company consistently favored family and friends over merit-based employees on key decisions, and failed to actively reward the hard work of employees, despite repeated promises to do so. Creative freedom and innovation were discouraged, in favor of routine iterations of previous work, and employee concerns were generally dismissed or given disingenuous attention. Further, hiring was not given long-term consideration, which often resulted in layoffs, with such termination occurring suddenly and without warning. All this, while being paid below industry-standard wages and required to work arduously long hours to support management’s unrealistic promises to clients. In short, management’s methods and lack of sincere interaction resulted in employees feeling isolated and undervalued. Perhaps most important, though, was the lack of truthfulness on the owner’s part, who repeatedly misled employees in relation to multiple facets of the operation. Advice to Management Hire a management consultant to troubleshoot inconsistent policies. -

Pros

Free Lunch, Education Funds

Cons

Lack of management, and many more

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at York and Chapel Design, Inc.?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York and Chapel Design, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement

York and Chapel Design, Inc. Reviews by Job Title

York and Chapel Design, Inc. Reviews by Location

• York and Chapel Design, Inc.