York University Employee Reviews

Exam Supervisor
Postal Services Mailing Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
Maintained the role of frontline operating authority; responsible for the operation of all on-
Site activity provide supervision and direction to all invigilators on sight. Ensure that all
operations/schedules required are met 100% of the time.
 Responsible for supervising various examination throughout the semesters
 Ensure compliance with York University Senate policies.
 Liaise with departments and professors to get clarification and additional materials
 Ensure that the integrity of exams are upheld at all times
 Assist with the transporting of official exams from various departments
 Act as lead hand for invigilators
 Preparing scholarships and bursary letters for incoming students
 Oversee course evaluation process at the end of each academic
An organization with many challenges
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
While upper level educational institutions should be places of exploring and in depth learning, unfortunately when faculty and staff are focused on themselves and take an entitlement mentality, only the students suffer.
If you want stability and little challenge, work there
PROJECT MANAGER / LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2018
There are great people, there are good people there, and there are many, many people who just want to do the work, get paid and be left alone.

Management has no power to do much so you are stuck in limbo.
interesting to work with peers
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
 Instructed ECON1000/ECON1010 and facilitated students’ distance learning experience.
 Prepared lesson materials, slide decks, in-class learning activities, feedback, and evaluations.
 Provided guidance to students and tailored support according to student’s learning style.
A wonderful place to work
Tutorial Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
I loved every minute I was at York University. Teaching and learning there felt like a privilege. As a PhD student, I was given every opportunity to learn and grow as an academic.
My experience was within a department that is no longer there
Communications & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
York University has a great reputation and I know the Continuing Studies department at Atkinson is now fantastic and run by amazing people. The review I could provide would be from so long ago it wouldn't help anyone now because that unit is no longer and I'm sure the same people are no longer there. I'm glad to see York has put together a new unit with great staff running the show.
Amazing time as a work/student
Career Counselor and Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
It was a beautiful time everyday working with students and advising and organizing events for our programm every beginning of semester where we wanted new students to feel free and be able to ask questions regarding courses and programmes
Pros
free pizzas on every event whee we were able to chart
Cons
short hours
Amazing benefits if you are full time
GIS and Planning Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Plenty of job opportunities both at an academic and non-academic level (temporary, contract, union, management).

Great benefits if you are full a full timer !!
Work Environment
Book Store Customer Service Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
All co-workers are very friendly and the supervisors are welcoming. The work environment is safe and always feels welcoming. The salary is nice and the work doesn't create a lot of stress
Pros
Good University
Cons
Parking fees are too high
great place to work
Residence Don (Current Employee) –  68 winters lane12 January 2018
if you love working with students, and being able to work while living for free this is the job to do. It is a life changing job that promotes growth and provides further opportunities.
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 January 2018
Typical day is run off your feet. You must me part robot and part superman. Staff out to cut your throat every step of the way. Government staff get all the credit and zero for Engineering and maintenance. People are mostly rude at that time.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great place to work!
Budget and Student Funding Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
York University is a great place to work. They offer a decent salary, and an exceptional benefits package. Overall I would recommend this employer to any administrative or educational professional looking for meaningful employment in a respectful environment.
Great place to work while in school
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2017
Highly recommend the work study program. It helps students gain work experience while completing their degrees and also learn more real world skills needed after their degrees
Great university
Analytical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2017
York University is an ever improving educational institution, A great place to acquire invaluable career skills. Although the quality of education is top of the line, there are outdated credit and administrative systems which complicate students' education.
Pros
wide variety of career pathways offered
Cons
Overly complicated and outdated course credit system. Safety concerns on campus
productive
Internship research project (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2017
productive,zealous,togetherness, cooperative and my period at york university was okay because i was able to gain some insight into my field of studies
Summary
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2017
Awesome place to work. People are great, some positions are unionized. Very dynamic place. Hardest part of the job - people want to get things done as of yesterday (sometimes).
Good
Data Entry & Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2017
Great place to work. Looking for new advancements is tough. Always ask for experience yet need to provide options for new grads trying to enter the workforce.
helpful work environment
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
York University is a great place to work. Friendly coworkers with professional work environment. The union support of York University is great with tons of benefits.
York University Review
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Best University for me.
great respect toward diversity
great educators from different backgrounds
good teacher college(winter college)
earned my tow degrees there with satisfaction
Excellent
Digital Media Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 November 2017
I loved working at York University. Everything about working there was amazing. I have 0 complaints. The students, staff, faculty and everyone was super friendly and helpful.

Each day was different.