York University Employee Review

View all York University reviews

Student Parking Control Officer Operations
PARKING CONTROL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2013
We are required to report to the briefing room at the beginning of our shifts where we are assigned our respective booths. After that, we are driven to our respective booths and our work day begins. We help patrons when they have difficulty paying at the exit of the garage, answer their parking and event related inquiries, provide patrons with directions and process transactions in our booths. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with various age groups and being such an integral part of events on campus. The hardest part of the job is having to stand outside in the winter and manually process transactions when and if the machines beak down. Through this job I have gained more customer service skills and cash handling skills. I have also learned to work in a fast paced environment that requires initiative and quick action.
Pros
work/study job, long hours
Cons
late hours, part time student job

Other York University Employee Reviews

Attend Lectures
Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
Attend classes on a daily basis and listen to lectures, do group work example presentations, group discussios and debates, hand in assignments example written essays.
Good
Circulation and Reserves Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
Good to work on campus while studying. I learned how to guide students. Management was understanding. Workplace culture was fair. The hardest part was dealing with high volume.