York University Employee Review

View all York University reviews

Generally, it was satisfying to work here because one is involved, although not directly,in the education of mostly young persons.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2013
My work involved dealing with other employees in other departments on a daily basis. I developed great communication skills over the years and enjoyed interacting with others employees. I honed my management skills as this came into play on a daily basis. I also interacted with members of the public as I met with couriers, and salespersons from various businesses. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually my interaction with persons from all walks of life e.g. students, professors, salespersons, couriers and of course my coworkers.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible work hours
Cons
Exposal to dangerous fumes (waste chemicals) and radioactive waste

Other York University Employee Reviews

Good job as a student
Computing Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
Not a tough environment to work in if you enjoy customer service and working with people. It has peak periods which could get overwhelming but overall it is a good experience. I loved my managers and co workers
Pros
Work and study
Cons
not enough hours
Aramark does not promote from within
Food Prep/Serving/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Glendon College, Toronto16 April 2018
Aramark hires people who are lost in space as managers/supervisors and I was very qualified and started at minimum wage and 8 years later was still at minimum wage---only stayed because I liked being around students and University close by.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Brain Damaged Managers