York University Employee Reviews

Great Hours, Great Pace
DATA PROCESSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Schulich School of Business5 November 2018
Love Working here. Has the perfect Work-Life Balance. The hours are great and the benefits are great too. Good place to meet people. Not as easy to move from a temp position.
Cons
Can be a bit slow
Volunteer
Track Coach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2018
I hjust volunteered never worked at york. Volunteer work was done with a team at their track and firld facility. Enjoyed the expienerce and workers who were helping.
ETL Developer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
Nice work environment, flex working hours, nice kitchen, team member are nice to work with. Desktop is a bit slow, printer needs to be set by help desk.
Pros
Free coffee, tea
Cons
With strike, it will take a long time to get to work
Held at the Toronto public library
Coop at Wynford Salon and Spa- Required (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
Ask a series of questions related to stereotypes teens faced. Suck as peer pressure, drug influences, skipping classes. As I am a teenager I was able to give my input.
lots of fun and inspiring
Pilates Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
lots of fun, great people, close to home, decent pay, learned met new people, contract work, excellent skills learned by creating schedules programs , great part time
Great work environment
Budget Coordinator/Senior Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
I have enjoyed working at York University these past few years. It's a great place to study and work. I have learned a lot and made great connections.
It's a good place to work
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2018
I have been working and studying at York for 6 years, I enjoyed working there. very nice people around, good learning environment, benefits are awesome!
Friendly and Productive Work Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
Some days were spent holding focus group sessions or interviews with individual students and others were going through results and finally coming up with solutions.

The interviews were the most enjoyable and most challenging part of this as it was very interesting to learn different students perception however getting them to open up and talk freely was difficult at times.
Pros
Getting to know my community and working with people across all engineering fields.
Good place to gain some workable experience
SECRETARY AND TREASURER (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
Had a chance to work with very supportive and understandable management. Also gained some valuable experience. The environment was fun and collaborative.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
I worked from home and volunteered to be an assistant for administration and helping future students with their in-take assignments and auditions upon enrollment acceptance.
Professional, self-directed research with a good look into the world of academia
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
Professors are willing to engage and look specifically for assistants whose field of research, specialties, or skills match up with theirs. A good mentoring system that helps to build professional academic skills in students of the Masters level or beyond.
Exciting place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 September 2018
Good place to work. Engaging with staff and students kept the job fun and exciting. love working there. Will go back if necessary---------------------
Good job benefits
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
Great job money wise. But lack of management. Many strikes. Peers can be rude and competitive at times. Depends which department you work it. Great health benefits.
Not worth the time
Course Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
Was good for experience, but I got paid a TA's salary for course director work. In the end it took a lot of time away from my graduate research, and caused a lot of stress. I'd only do it again if I were being paid more.
Very Inclusive workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
Very productive workplace with lots of opportunities to develop skills and grow personally. I truly enjoyed my experience working with York University, the pay rates are incredible and the workplace culture inclusive.
Pros
Great pay
Senior Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
The classes I was a teaching assistant for I really enjoyed. There can be a lot of work in terms of marking or making sure your tutorials useful and informative for students
Pros
serious students
Very good
Marketing Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
Amazing learning experience and for time lots of work but it pays off. Will highly recommended. Was lucky to work with so many amazing & like minded professors & staff
Pros
amazing
Cons
unionize so growth might be limited
York University
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 August 2018
If I see an opportunity at York University, I would go there i without giving a second thought. The staff at York is amazing and I am not saying it as an alumini. York University definitely knows how to treat their employees.
Course Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to study at York University and to work with committed colleagues, staff and students for the past fifteen years.
Benefits
Cons
Strikes
friendly and productive workplace
Scholarships and Bursaries Assistant (Former Employee) –  York Lanes8 July 2018
Learned how to use Office, amazing workplace culture with many friendly faces, understanding management, manual filing was the hardest part but I loved it.
Pros
independent work
Cons
unpaid lunch