York Search Group

• Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Overall satisfaction

Awesome to work for!!!

I have been with York for over a year. Anytime I needed to contact anyone for any reason, there was no hassle. They’ve been very understanding and professional since day 1. I would recommend York to anyone that’s trying to get their foot in the door of the mining industry, you’ll have a great team behind you.

Pros

Great pay, awesome support

Cons

York placed me at Marry River, Baffinland’s site operating heavy equipment. After 1.5 cycles I was hired on full time with Baffinland. Excellent crews and work!

Pros

Free travel and accommodations

Cons

The travel depending on where you live can be long

Foot in door

Decent company to work for nice getting paid weekly no problems getting reimbursed for flights or accommodation kinda like the oil patch during slow times cause not sure about coming back till get your confirmation overall though I would recommend working for them.

Pros

Paid flights

Cons

Stability

Good job placement and paid well

I’ve been with York search group for 5 1/2 months and I have been able to convert to full time with hard work and good support from the York search group management team. They were easy to deal with and very helpful when I need your help. I encourage anybody to give them a try. If you wanna work they will definitely work with you to help you.

Pros

Reimbursements for travel

Cons

They won’t actually driving to the airport lol

Great company to work for

Good company to work for always there to help you and answer your question! accommodation and pay is nice and always on time i would recommend york to anyone!

Great company

Amazing people to work for! Always there to answer your questions and help you out. First experience with a placement company and it sure was a good one! They care about their employees!

Great company to work for

I worked at York for just over a year and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. They are very friendly to deal with and answer all questions you have almost immediately. I worked in a position where I had to travel regularly and never was there a problem or issues with travel money. Even with regularly travel changes due to Covid. Just send in receipts and no hassle at all. I have not heard a bad complaint from anyone I have worked with from York.I would highly recommend them.

Pros

Work life ballance

Cons

Travel

Takes good care of workers

The crew at York is always quick with response on questions you may have. They give you all the information you need to be properly prepared for work.

Excellent to work for

Easy to talk to and always looked out for me, kept me busy as much as possible . I would highly recommend working for this company . They look out for their workers

Amazing teamwork at York Search Group

I fully enjoyed my time working there. The management were among the best I have ever worked with. Definitely recommend it as a place where everyone works together.

Pros

Flights and Travel Allowances

Working with York Search Group

I am grateful to the entire team at York....They did everything in their power to accommodate and support their on site staff. They were available and engaged with the employees whenever they were needed...I was proud of the way we were seen by our client and I have never really seen a contractor/ primary relationship work this seamlessly. Make no mistake... it’s a tough environment, but it’s a rewarding job.

Pros

Good co-workers, good wages

Cons

Long travel days, harsh winter weather

Great place to get your foot in the door

YSG was a great company to get your foot in the door. Communication was on point and they where able to answer any questions right away. Pay was good very friendly staff that will quickly go out of their way to help you with any issues if they where to arise. If anyone was looking to get up into Baffinland I will absolutely recommend them to go through YSG.

Pros

Good pay, well taken care of

Cons

Long travel days long but to be expected working in the arctic

My oh my where do I start

Well I had thought this would be a great place working at baffinland. These are the most inbred incompetent people I have ever met. Hands down. I had an issue with a broken seat in a 25 year old grader. I was told to lose weight by the maintenance supervisor. I’m 5’11 300 pounds. So yeah I know I could shed a few pounds but there was no need of saying that. I go home on days of come back and they said it was fixed. It wasn’t. I ran it for 2 shifts and then had a lot of pain and refused to run it. I got let go because of this. If you are going to work there you are not expected to work through your breaks but it may mean you keeping your job so...... my mine ops foreman had a grade 8 education (34 years old) and ran the job exactly like someone with a grade 8 mentality would. The full time baffinland employees on my shift would cut your throat in a heartbeat but the York guys were pretty nice. If you have no respect for yourself or others then this is the place for you. Peace

Pros

Free flights

Cons

Unsafe and ignorant

So easy to talk too and entire York team is on your side

There aren't enough nice things I can say about the YSG team. All are very intelligent, know the businesses in which they provide and place their candidates in the best rolls as possible based on YOUR QUALIFICATIONS.Very knowledgeable, easy to talk too and always willing to answer any questions ( even at 12:30 AM )10/10 hands down

Great company to work for

York is a great company to work for. They are helpful and truly care and want you to succeed and be hired on full time wherever your placement is with them. They always are quick to reply to any questions or concerns you have day or night. I would strongly recommend to anyone who has the opportunity to work for York to do so.

York is a great place to work with

Started working for York in Jan 2019 they placed me with a mine in Nunavut as a haul truck driver. I have been steady with the mine ever sense and was just hired full time at the mine. York always answered my questions and was excellent to deal with. Thanks to them I have a job I will be at till I retire.

Pros

Great people

Cons

None my time there

Baffinland Contract

Hired by York as a HD mechanic. Great interview process and quick response. This led to a fûlltime job. Excellent process and good communication. Thanks to York for the opportunity.

Pros

Communication

Cons

No r

Work

Never know if you are going back to work and long layoffs also having to travel on short notice or stay longer short notice does help and not work sometimes if you have personal obligations before 2 weeks are off

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work

YSG pleasure to work with

Started with YSG in June of 2019 untill i secured a fulltime position with remote artic mine. Everyone at YSG were very friendly and helpful any question or concern i had and were happy to help in anyway they could. Good pay and great work schedule.

Middle man company

York is contractor for Baffinland, so it is depends on the Mine if you get rotation or not. If there is not rotation you can wait even for months prior get another one.

Pros

Contractor for mine

Cons

if is there not rotation you will not get excact date for return....even for months

Friendly people, great atmosphere

Great group of friendly people and relaxed atmosphere making a wonderful workplace culture. I learned how to use SAP Program and various other programs. Management are friendly and appreciative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Search Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4