York Region Employee Reviews for AccountantReview this company
Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 60 reviews
Job work-life balance
Indeed featured reviewThe most useful review selected by Indeed
Payroll - salary and benefits are good Work/Life balance - can be quite good Culture - senior management try to promote a healthy work environment with room to grow Typical though (for this department) - Do not stay in one position for more than 2 years or you will be typecast in your role. Management does not encourage any type of career growth and external hires fill the majority of new hires. Any expressed dissatisfaction with the ability to take internal courses, take on additional responsibilities or new roles is not addressed in any meaningful way. There are too many management levels and not enough review of the "work" that management is doing. More areas should have 360 feedback reviews; senior management should act on those reviews and have strict and thorough follow up to ensure that real change occurs.
co-workers are good; pay and benefits are good
Was this review helpful?
See more jobs
Jobs at York RegionAccountant positions
Want to know more about working here?Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Region. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question
Based on 60 reviews
Ratings by category
Compare York Region with
Questions about York Region
- What is the interview process like at York Region?3 people answered
- Why would you want to work at Regional Municipality of York?2 people answered
- What benefits does York Region offer?One person answered
- How often do you get full time at York? (Highway maintenance worker)One person answered
- How often do raises occur at York Region?One person answered
- How can I apply for the position of transit operator at YRT ?One person answered
- How long does it take for York Region Public Health take to screen candidates and set up interviews?
- Does York Region file work permit for non Canadians who are qualified?
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at York Region?
- Good afternoon and thank you for considering my question. I would like to ask you what would be the…