York Region
York Region Employee Review

No Complaints

20 October 2019
Was only here for 4 months but I enjoyed it. Ran into the odd big ego government worker but for the most part everyone was friendly and pleasant to work with
4.0Job security/advancement
11 November 2015
Same role
Administrative Data Clerk- Student Coop (Former Employee) - York, ON
It was a pleasure to work with York Region and I look forward to future opportunities to go back. They had flexible work weeks but also offered set hours. They provided us with the necessary tools that we needed to get our job completed. Staff were friendly and facilitated a learning environment.
16 February 2021
Same location
Service Technician (Current Employee) - Newmarket, ON
The work and co-workers are great! , Pay and benefits are decent. This could be an amazing workplace, however... It's sickening how top heavy this organization is. There are way too many managers and they just keep dreaming up more and more management or supervisor positions. They also seem to be really good at making poor decisions, wasting money, destroying worker moral, lowering efficiency.Take management out of the equation and this place becomes an amazing place to work!!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
15 May 2020
Same location
Development Engineering Associate (Former Employee) - Newmarket, ON
Got a good variety of work to do. Upper management was respectful and never felt overbearing. Lots of extra activities and initiatives provided by weekly employee e-mail newsletter. Good student support structure.